1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "Batman Begins" Movie News Thread, Part 4 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAINMAN

RAINMAN Kikoutei Densetsu

Would you by any chacne know why he stop playing batman after batman returns?:(

2. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Member

I think he said something like he didn't want to do the next one because the story was taking a direction he didn't feel comfortable with or something like that. I must admit, I'm glad Keaton left and made room for more Batmen. I thought Clooney was a good choice, it's just a pitty he was stuck in that mess of an unworthy sequel. Even Kilmer was pretty good.

Now it's BALE'S turn! :evil:

3. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Doesn't matter to me - I'm more concerned with James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer's scoring, anyway. :)

-Tim

4. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

A one minute clip up at Yahoo Movies, it's a confrontation between Bruce (pre-Bats) and Carmine Falcone. I must say, I was really apprehensive towards Wilkinson's casting, but damn this was just amazing. Never thought he'd do such a good accent. :)

5. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

wow!!!

This film just constantly has me amazed by how..brilliant it apparent is! Bale is so...REAL in expressing emotions and Falcone was dead on. WOW
    WOW.

hA! This kicked that crappy 'romantic' trailer's ass!:anime:
    Great quote too!!

6. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

A few articles I came by today. 1 is an extensive description of the sfx work done in the film, and how the crew was intent on using as little cgi as possible. The next 2 are full reviews of the film, one positive and negative (the first one so far out of 6).

VFX World
    'Hollywood Reporter' Review

'Variety' Review

7. Phantasm

Batkid, it would be helpful if you state whether or not they contain spoilers.;)

8. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Hehe, I forgot you're very strick about that. ;) But no, there shouldn't be any spoilers in any of those reviews. Maybe some slight descriptions, but nothing too overboard. Oh yeah, just don't read the very last few sentences of the Variety review. In fact, don't even glance at it cause seeing one word will ruin it. :p

9. Phantasm

Great reviews!!!

I'm loving the 'negative' one because all it bashes are the aspects in thefilm I look for!
    'but is too dark and talky to appeal to kids'

Hello kiddies!Welcome to the Batworld!!!
    :anime:

10. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

So basically what he's saying is that it's how Batman is SUPPOSED to be. :cool: :D

11. TimTwoFace

Real fans would still like it, though. I remember that the producers of BTAS felt the same way about the "Two-Face" two-part origin episode, and it's still generally regarded as a favourite amongst diehard fans and kids, alike.

Besides, if the kids liked Spider-Man - and they did - they'll dig this, too. Peter Parker didn't actually put on his full-blown Spidey-suit until about halfway through that movie, did he?

The reviews are good. I was a little disturbed at how the Variety review pretty much suggested that the villains of choice were less-than-stellar, though.

-Tim

12. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

'Empire' Review

13. TimTwoFace

That's a pretty good review - four stars out of five is nothing to be ashamed of.

The one that that stuck out for me, of course, was suggesting that Rachel is in fact taking Harvey Dent's role in this series; she's clearly labelled the "assistant" DA, whereas Harvey has generally been depicted as THE DA. So, even if Harvey doesn't appear in person in BATMAN BEGINS, he still is mentioned - and this would set up a working relationship between Harvey and Rachel in the two sequels, in which Harvey Dent and/or Two-Face is going to play a large role, either as supporting ally or main villain.

Anyway, have there been any neutral or BAD reviews of this movie yet? I don't want to get my hopes up, but everything I've seen has been generally full of praise.

-Tim

14. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Well the Variety one was technically a "negative" review, though what was bad for him is exactly what we all wanted. So take it as you will. But other than that, nope...not a single bad review yet. :anime:

15. Shaggy&Daphne

Shaggy&Daphne It's show time!

I really don't appreciate the continuous mocking of Tim Burtons Batman and Batman Returns from the reviewers of Batman Begins. Everyone is entitled to be excited about this film, but lay off of the previous ones. This is a totally different story that has no ties or connections with Batman or Batman Returns, or even Joel Schumacher's trash, so therefore the reviews should focus solely on the film at hand and resist taking cheap shots at Burtons films, which are with out a doubt utter masterpieces that were brilliantly created and breathtaking when watched. Two very well known classic films such as these do not deserve the rap that they get.

16. Arxane

Arxane Hehe...guess what, fellas...

You might like the Burton films, but some fans don't. There was a joke going around when the first Burton film opened:

"Wow, did you see how much money Batman made?!"
    Yeah, now imagine how much it would've made if it was good."

(Personally, the first Batman was good but flawed, Batman Returns was the same albeit silly in some areas, Batman Forever was amusing but unnecessarily chessy and campy, and Batman and Robin was something I flush down the toilet on a daily basis.)

Getting back to Batman Begins, this film really has me excited. The reviews that are popping up are only making me salivate more.

17. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

Woah... I'm at Wizard World Philly, and Harley and I just won tickets to a screening of Batman Begins... tonight! Holy crap! :cool:

18. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Congrats man, if you can be sure to give us some feedback on the film, or even better a review. ;)

19. Shaggy&Daphne

Shaggy&Daphne It's show time!

Well, ignorance has been a popular trend in society for quit a long time. Most of the people that said those things were the comic book fans that had expected Batman to be a comic book adaption and that was not what the film was meant to be. Batman Begins on the other hand is adapted straight from the comics, so that should please all comic book fans out there, and allow them to forget about Burtons films. Comic book fans are now getting what they have wanted and so it is now time to lay off of Tim Burtons Batman. I hope that is not to much to ask.

20. Phantasm

Though I like the attempt on their part to give Rachel a more active role in the film besides serving as the hero's love interest, her character being a ...convinient substitute of sorts is what bothers me. If she gets everything done, what's there left for Harvey to do? His relationship with Batman during his pre-Two-face days is unique and when we have Rachel doing what he was essentially doing in THL, and ALSO have her in a romantic relationship with Bruce...that just places their relationship a notch higher than the friendship that was between Harv and Bruce. Great for Rachel...but then HArvey sadly looses his impact.:sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.