1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "Batman Begins" Movie News Thread, Part 4 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Kent

Bruce Kent Mr. Nice Guy

Very cool!

I liked it and I think Bale actually sounded awesome as Batman in this clip.

2. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

3. Casey Mack

Casey Mack Active Member

Clooney was nominated as one of americas sexiest men, he gets alot more movie roles then Michael Keaton. Clooney is considered an A-list actor and is salary and movie list should prove that. Please don't say dumb things cause Keaton had his day, and now its Clooneys time.

4. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

That's a nice set of clips; the "I'm Batman" line came off rather nicely.

I'm sure the rest of the quibbles with the Bat-voice thing will pass as soon as we all get used to it.

-Tim

5. Shaggy&Daphne

Shaggy&Daphne It's show time!

Back in 2003 Clooney mocked Charlton Heston when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease!:mad: Real nice guy! The man has no class and I don't care what list Hollywood or the rest of America has put him on, or how many nominations he's been given. In this day and age the majority of people in this country are a twisted, impaired, braindead community that wouldn't know talent if it jumped up and bit their nee cap. Everyone makes their decisions based on awards, nominations, international acclaims, fads, popular opinion, and trends. No body has their own mind anymore. The reasons why Keaton doesn't get as many movie rules is mainly because he's a stand up guy with his own beliefs and opinions and doesn't kiss Hollywoods butt. He's his own person and his politics are his. In short, if you don't play the game you don't get popularity. Keaton is one of the few people in Hollywood that I respect. He could act circles around Clooney. Please don't tell me what I can and can't say regarding facts about Hollywood or any other medium. Last time I checked it was still a free country and what I said didn't heart anyone, and if I sound bitter to you that's because I am.

6. Bruce Kent

Bruce Kent Mr. Nice Guy

Let's not argue please. Batman Begins is going to be great! Be happy! :)

7. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

New tv spot, man they just keep churning these out! :anime:

This is obviously geared towards the romantics, going from the music they played and the scenes they show. Not my type of thing, but I'm pretty sure the ladies will love this spot the most.

8. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

You just described every role I've seen him in. :p

9. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

Have you seen O' Brother? Solaris? Intolerable Cruelty? Three very different - yet great - types of acting. Clooney has become a terrific actor, just not made for the horrible monstuosity that B&R was. Shaggy&Daphne, NO ONE could have performed that role well. I'm sure even Keaton would have been terrible if he'd done the movie. Reminder: good acting strongly depends on the quality of the writing. See Padmé's role in Episode 3 for reference.

Those last tv spots are getting better and better... save for that very last one, which feels like a Smallville clip. I simply cannot wait any longer for this movie!

10. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Extra just posted up a higher quality QT version of the exclusive they aired yesterday. Check it out if you haven't yet...

11. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

:eek:

WHAT WAS THAT?!:ack: :ack:

I like that Nickelback song...but that shouldn't be ANYWHERE NEAR Batman!!!!!
    God, this is so...unbvelieably sad to see them put together SUCH a horrid commercial of the film. Totally butchers all that came before it. Is it such that they can't throw in a good romance in there without turning it to somekind of an embarrasingly cheesy blend of clips, dialogue and MUSIC?!!!

UGH!
    UGH!

I need to wipe that off my memory...God! They can't show it on tv again!!!:ack:

Bale looked beautiful though.:anime:

12. TimTwoFace

That was a solid commercial; the Nickelback song is overdone and outdated, but it was still a good commercial - obviously made to make it look like a great date movie. :p

-Tim

13. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

Then I really hate to say this, but that song is actually in the movie. In fact, it's played on a continuous loop throughout the movie. Sorry!

14. Wing Zero

Wing Zero Member

That nickelback tv spot wasn't too bad for me honestly. I mean Batman is definitely the movie I'm looking forward to, but its still entertainment and any blockbuster movie always has a popular song on its commercials. Considering the last TEN tv spots were fine and were without any type of true commercialization, I don't think we should get too worked up about it. Besides, the song kinda works with the 'romance' theme of the commercial.

Bottom line is, it's just a commercial! Don't worry, I'm sure people who hate the 11th tv spot are going to forget all about it after the movie comes out and we'll all be happy.

15. Shaggy&Daphne

Shaggy&Daphne It's show time!

Funny, it feels like deja vu all over again, because people were making a big deal over a few "Prince" songs in Batman (1989).

16. Bruce Kent

Bruce Kent Mr. Nice Guy

Are you being serious?

17. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

He's just trying to freak her out. ;)

18. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

So this song will also be on the BB soundtrack? woah...never thought I'd see Nickelback's name plastered with anything Batman...:ack:

19. TimTwoFace

I doubt that - this is just a promo, it doesn't mean it's in the movie or on the soundtrack at all. Besides, that song is two years old. It's stale.

The only group I know involved with the score is Green Day. Hey, at least they're looking at rock bands instead of cheesy techno groups and teeny boppers. Rock and grand opera are rather "Batmanesque" sounds, anyway...unless a tune was used for a very specific purpose within the movie.

-Tim

20. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

ALL rock bands are nowhere near this film's soundtrack, count on it.

'Course there's the slight 2% chance I'm wrong on this, but what the hell...:yawn:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.