1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "Batman Begins" Movie News Thread, Part 3 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Marvel_Knight, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matta2fatta

matta2fatta cuz i eat 2 much pancake batta

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Interesting...though I'm going to withhold judgement until the Superbowl trailer next month, where the Scarecrow actually does appear...allegedly.

-Tim

3. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

woah...
    The Batman actually looks very good! Not so sure about Scarecrow though...:sad:

4. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

Hmm ... I dunno; the eyes are just a little too big -- they're out of proportion.

5. cheungcheung

cheungcheung Mwahaha

batman looks cool...

the scarecrow looks terrible...

hope its better in live-action.

6. matta2fatta

seems like yall aint really feelin the scarecrow, im actually diggin it

7. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

Nope, sorry dude; he's just too ... blah. All that orange.

Maybe it'll look better in "real life" (in the movie) than on the action figure.

8. matta2fatta

im with u on color, but design wise its pretty creepy

9. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

Yeah, you know, that hangman's-noose-looking rope around his neck is reminiscent of the TNBA Scarecrow (which was by far the creepiest version).

10. Robin

Robin Guest

He`s not going to be orange in the movie. I`ve seen this phrase countless times over at Batman On Film: "He's NOT ORANGE!!." The toy is probably just an oddly colored version of the character. I can`t see them using that garish color design on the action the actual character.

11. BonyT

BonyT Sisyphus in Hell

You know, I was gonna say that the monochromatic color scheme (except for the rope) had a kind of a prototype look. I'm glad to hear it won't look that way in the movie (unless of course they wanted the Scarecrow to look like the love child of Ma Crane & Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas :p ).

... If this is a prototype, maybe the production version of the action figure won't be colored that way either.

#491 BonyT, Jan 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  12. TimTwoFace

I think that whomever made that Scarecrow figurine didn't do it justice; now, I haven't seen any footage of what Cillian Murphy will look like as the Scarecrow yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll be better than THAT.

Yes, he will be wearing a suit - a normal single-breasted style suit - but have a mask over his head. He won't look anything like the Scarecrows of the comics or animated series, from what I understand. That's fine, too.

I just think that colour isn't correct; the suit is probably dark grey and the mask is a pale, dark brown. That's what I'm guessing. That's what I'm hoping.

We'll see on Superbowl Sunday what he looks like.

-Tim

13. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

He's a pretty hard character to translate going from his various comic models. Harder than Bat's in some ways. His head is very thin in the comics.. in fact he's beyond thin.. here, we don't have that same issue.

I think I'll hold off until I see the live version. Toy figures are hard to go by. The Batman figure looks fairly good though.

14. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

New pic (sorta)

[​IMG]

15. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

The suit looks very...realistic here. I dunno for some reason it just seems to fit. Unlike those Keaton ones...where with every step his cowl would wobble!And his head does NOT look bigger than the rest of him.I love the way he is holding his cape...very 'batmanesque!' But the tilt of the head downward gets boring after a while...he should try different posses...possible a side one...or one where his chin is raised proudly and dangerously.

16. TimTwoFace

Looks great, except for how flimsy that cape looks - I dunno, this has always been a bit of a sticking point with me, but seriously - it looks like something you could buy at the store for your own personal costume.

I hope I'm wrong. :)

-Tim

17. Hatter

Hatter Active Member

New pictures from the UK Toy Fair show the Scarecrow and Batman walkie-talkies, with a pretty clear look at what the Scarecrow will look like.

I gotta say, he's still not terribly impressive, but like that unpainted prototype figure from a few days ago, they don't have him in a realistic, theatening pose.
    He'll be creepier on the screen, even if his "costume" is pretty bland.

18. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Member

Aaaawww. :sad: It's a guy with a sack over his head. Come on... nothing scary about that... come on... well on second thought maybe he looks scary under the mask? Will we see him without the potato sack?

#498 Wesyeed, Jan 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005
  19. langden alger

langden alger Active Member

we'll def. see him without the mask throughout the movie...and i actually kinda like the simplicity of the scarecrow's costume..it's chilling..just looking like a normal executive guy with a suffocating mask on makes him look like some walking suicide victim or that micheal myers/stalker serial killer look...the only thing i'd tweak is having him wear a dark trench coat here and there for some nice eerie, cool visuals....so i guess those two pics of the mattel scarecrow action figures are just some suped up, nothing to do with the movie outfits..unless the film's finale gives him a look similar to that.

20. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

There's actually a reason for his costume to be not really that scary in the first place. It may be a lil' bit of a spoiler since it's from the script, but it's minor.

Crane decides not to have an elaborate costume simply because his fear toxin does all the work. His "victims" hardly spend time seeing the sack over his head, but more on their biggest nightmare...so there's really no need to design a "costume". To them, all they see is this hideous and grotesque figure in front of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.