1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "24" RPG Rules and Character Thread (IMPORTANT - NEW RULE AT POST #78)

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Jave, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

Ah crap... I'm not sure if I can make the Monday gig... Spring Concert for Band. :shrug:

Well not if I get out quick. :p

2. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

I don't know if I can go on Monday. I have to do a lab-write up AND...making a kimono in a few days will NOT be good (it's almost impossible!).

3. Zach

Zach Active Member

I've already had my Spring Concert! :D

4. Tenku

Aw man... we could've had ours already (2nd). But there was discrepanies. Stupid choir concert... :mad:

5. Jasmine_G.

Jasmine_G. Your'e Dethpicable!

My music teacher was talking about how he used to be in a choir, but his voice changed when they entered a competition and his instructor told him to just move his lips... lol;)

6. MahouShoujo13

Let me guess: his voice cracked.

Tenku, my school has 2 concerts also, since we have a lot of performing ensembles. I had mine last week (All the string orchestras, the percussion ensemble, and Concert Chorus...) and there's another one next week (Concert Band, Jazz band, Prep Chorus, and Chamber Choir...). Gosh, it's exhausting. The rehearsals...the people that can't cooperate during class...ugh. Finally it's OVER.

7. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

Whoa.

I have... lesse... got a few tests, and studying like mad for A-Levels finals... maybe I can make it. Maybe.

You're making a kimono? O_O Whatever for?

8. Tenku

Yeah. We have Beginning Band, Concert Band AND Symphonic Band (I'm in Symp). And boy, we are riotus. We have to play for a function in which we're gonna be gone like all day. Then, when we get back to school, we have ANOTHER performance. But that's marching band stuff though (wearing these god-awful uniforms.. ><)

I hate getting up 5:15 for band stuff. It robs me of my sleep. No wonder we're all bad all the time. :p

9. MahouShoujo13

I have to study for finals too...:(

I have to make a kimono for a Social Studies project. We're supposed to make this hand-made object, and silly me, I chose to do a kimono. I have to look up how to make it on the internet, buy the material...*sighs* I think my grandma can help me out- I'm going to her house this weekend.

Tenku...my school has so many performing ensembles. Let me list them...but I bet they can't compare to yours:

Concert Band
    Jazz band (where the best people in Concert band are)
    Percussion Ensemble (all percussion, yes. One of the teachers in the Music Department is a percussion teacher)
    String Orchestra (Regular) (lowerst one actually of the Orchestras)
    Honors Orchestra (in the middle)
    Chamber Orchestra (cream of the crop of the Orcestras are)
    Concert Chorus (lowest Chorus in the catalog...and is girls-only)
    Prep Chorus (somewhere in the middle)
    Chamber Choir (the cream of the crop, duh!)

Oh yeah....check these two out:

http://gprime.net/flash.php/ddautta

http://gprime.net/flash.php/cakedance

[/shameless plug]

I know I shouldn't be posting those two in here, but they're so cute! :anime:

10. Tenku

Mahou...

you own us actually (in how many bands and choir! :p). We don't even have a "Orchestra" or Prep stuff. We had a Jazz band but... eh.

Symphonic Band (top band 9-12)
    Concert Band (8-10 most of the time)
    A Band
    B Band
    C Band
    Beginning Band

The last four are elementary/middle school etc. 8th graders in the Concert Band have a higher playing score than others. I think.

Choir... I'm not sure. I know we have a Honor Choir, Choir Ensemble, Girls' Choir. Among the best in the state (along with the band). :D

I know our Marching Band has trophies up the wazzu. We have like tables and tables of them, displays... and that's not from storage. :eek:

BTW, despite being cranky, I had a great time. :D

11. MahouShoujo13

Tenku, my school used to have a marching band. Every St. Patrick's Day (until this school year) school would be off, and they would play in the parade in 5th Avenue, with the Franciscan brothers and sisters walking behind them. And yes, I go to a Catholic private high school, and some of the faculty and staff are Franciscan brothers and sisters. This year...I don't know. I learned about the Marching band thing from one of the teachers.

The "Prep" thing...maybe after the school's name I guess? Or the fact my school's a Preparatory school for college.

And for the kimono thing, WG, I've printed out something on how to make one, and it's not all that hard as I thought. But I still have to buy the material, which sucks.

12. Tenku

Wow. Well, this year for the first time in school history, we're gonna go to a parade in Philly this Thanksgiving. Plus, we're going on a tour of Manhattan in NYC and all of the neato stuff.

Did I mention that our marching band is our Symp and Concert combined? We're gonna have like 220+ people this season coming up. And we don't do the rotating diamonds and simple stuff. Oh no... we go all over the field.

For example *thinks of a set*

I'm on the 50 yard line (in front too) for about 28 counts. Once the 16 count passes, I have about 12 counts just to get about 4 steps ahead and I have to take itty-bitty steps. After I get done with that, I have to travel to the 35 yard line in 16 counts, and we're going about a fast pace. It looks like everyone is doing a jazz run. I'm in the front and I have to kinda cross everyone AND to keep a line. THAT'S complicated stuff.

Er... hopefully you can comprehend of what I just said. Wish I had my drill somewhere... we had about 40+ pages.

13. MahouShoujo13

Woah....that's really big Tenku.

My pastor at my church wants to make a marching band for our church. We don't even have our instruments yet.

And guess who I have to be? A band majorette.

I have to hold a baton and wear a mini-skirt. Ugh.

14. Tenku

Ouch...

Majorettes = can get annnny more skimpy than that. The uniforms I mean. :p

15. Jasmine_G.

Today at my school, we had this American Idol thingy. We all got up in front of the whole school and danced to a motown song. ( Yes, motown... :shrug: ) It was really funny!:p

16. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

Hey, at least it won't be hot, weaing a mini-skirt. Here, band members wear thick shirts and pants, standing under the hot tropical sun. That's why for school, I chose Red Crescent as my uniformed group, since white uniforms aren't too bad to stand under. (I pity my bro, he's in the Boy's Brigade, with smart dark blue uniforms, but which are terribly hot to wear.)

Bands... here in Malaysia, schools would either have their own school band, or get one of the uniformed groups do the band, either Scouts, Army Cadets, Police Cadets, or Boy's Brigade. (Govt. ruling: All students must be a member of a uniformed group, e.g. Scouts, Girl Guides, band, Army Cadets, Fire Brigade Cadets, Police Cadets, Red Crescent, St. John's Ambulance, Boy's Brigade.)

Majorette - is that the femal equivalent of the drum major? My dad told me that one of his brothers was the drum major for the combined Penang State Boy's Brigade marching band. One of my friends was also drum major for her school band.

Regarding your church's band, I'm reminded of the 3rd Kota Kinabalu Company of the Boy's Brigade. They used to have a bagpipe band (yes, BAGPIPES), but the instruments have since rotted away for lack of teachers and dedicated band members.

17. MahouShoujo13

WG, as for the Majorette thing, check Tenku's last post in this thread before yours.

Yes, I have to wear...a SKIRT. And I have to work on my "moves". Ugh.

As for the kimono thing, my grandma has to look for some material before we can do the measurements. I might have to call my friend if they are any stores that sell nice obi at my town's Main St. (says they've got everything, even a sword shop)

And WG, sometimes it gets cold up here in NY, even when it's summer! One time I had to go to a picnic and the temperature was in the 50's (well, in Fahrenheit).

18. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

IMPORTANT! NEW RULE!

After looking at the rules a little bit I've decided to allow players to make recaps of what happens to their characters. I'll explain:

For example, let's say Player A's post ends up at 9:45 AM. Then Player A doesn't post for quite a while and a lot of time passes in the game (say, 4 hours, and now it's 1:45 PM). So that Player A's own story isn't entirely lost, he's allowed to make a recap of what happened to him in between 9:45 AM and 1:45 PM. It doesn't matter if the recap is brief or detailed, that's up to you. You also aren't forced to make a recap.

This is mainly so each player can keep up a plot for his own character and not being forced to leave plotholes or post way too often.

19. Jasmine_G.

Cool!
    Any idea when we will be able to start?:confused:

20. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

Just what I wanted to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.