1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Obituaries

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by twilicorn, Jan 27, 2017.

1. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

Another forum I visit has a single thread for all obituaries instead of starting up a new "RIP" thread for each one. I don't know if this has been done here before and everyone forgot about it, but I figure it's good to try it now.

Mike Connors, star of the detective show "Mannix", died this week at 91.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/arts/mike-connors-mannix-dies.html?_r=0

2. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

Also John Hurt just died :(. I know there's already a thread for it but I JUST put up the general Obituaries thread and am hoping it catches on so here.

3. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

We really don't mind doing individual threads, because it's a tribute to the people who have passed on and allows members to give individual farewells instead of lumping them all together in one big thread. Plus, there are several different boards here (animation, music, live action movies and television, etc) and the farewell thread is usually posted wherever that person was most closely associated.

One exception was Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, but given how close they were, it was only appropriate that they shared a thread.

• Like Like x 4