Nude man accidentally shown on morning news show

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Brian Cruz, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

Man Inadvertently Shown Nude on Live Morning News Show

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 4, 2002--Viewers of the KRON 4 live morning show received a literal "wake up" this morning when the station accidentally shot one of the stars of PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS from the "waist down," rather than "waist up." This is believed to be the first time in history that a penis was seen live on morning television.

Simon Morley and David "Friendy" Friend were being interviewed by KRON4 Morning News hosts about the upcoming San Francisco engagement of PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS at Theatre on the Square beginning October 29, when the guffaw occurred.

"Unfortunately, The Ancient Art was revealed this morning and as a result, has demystified the art of genital origami which is usually reserved for a beautiful theatre such as Theatre on the Square," said Friendy, whose penis was transmitted into more than 150,000 households in the Bay Area at approximately 8:15 a.m this morning. "We never intended to reveal The Art to the viewers at home and we're very upset that thousands of people saw my penis on live TV, out of context and without my permission."

According to KRON-TV, they have received hundreds of calls from Bay Area viewers while PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS reports a significant spike in ticket sales. Producer David J. Foster said, "This has made life very difficult for our box office staff. They were expecting the normal volume of calls but sales went crazy. We apologize to any patrons who were placed on hold due to this extraordinary situation."

PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS, the international comedy hit, will make its San Francisco debut at Theatre on the Square in a limited engagement beginning October 29. More than 40 heroic and hilarious installations are presented including crowd pleasers, tourist attractions and food products like The Pelican, The Windsurfer, The Eiffel Tower, the Loch Ness Monster, and their signature creation, the Hamburger. For more information, go to theatreonthesquare.com.

2. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

"...we're very upset that thousands of people saw my penis on live TV, out of context and without my permission."

LOL. Now that's a hilarious quote if I ever saw one.

3. Orange Star

Orange Star New Member

I GET THAT STATION!!! Damn, I missed it...

4. JustJack

JustJack Just Odd

Reruns?

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Wow, that PUPPETRY OF THE PENIS thing is in town in Victoria right now. Funny how Queen Elizabeth is also in town on the same night. SHe oughta love that.

As for half-naked guys on TV...well, at least they weren't beating up a first-base coach or anything. :)

-Tim

6. meatwad945

meatwad945 NO THE HAT WILL NOT BE REMOVED

Running on the fine line of sanity with scissors
    hehehehe thats is really funny

7. ccffan01

ccffan01 New Member

Yeah, didn't I look good.

8. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

There's no chance for reruns, it's a one-shot only.

9. zimbach

zimbach Nice Jigglypuffs! ¡

And it's a #$%^! and a half to get archive news tapes from that station. I've tried.

10. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

Umm, why exactly do you want to see this? :eek:

11. Ajax

Ajax New Member

Cause its funny.

12. Zechs

Zechs Rabbit in a box

Ha ha ha ha now that's funny.

13. RogueMartian

RogueMartian Cogito Ergo Sum

Wow, that is funny. I wonder if the reporter was able to write that article withouth laughing.

14. Pilmedium

Pilmedium New Member

That's just ridiculous. I don't think anyone should have seen that, and copies or reruns should not be offered to anyone. Even if it was just an accident, it was still upsetting. People who saw that show are probably spreading the news to those who don't read the news. I wonder how long that was on the air before they fixed the problem.

15. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

Lol.... L....o.....l....

- Foley Is Good

16. Dark Spider

Dark Spider Moderator of Kiyone Love

HA, that was great! In your face, television censors...how did you let that one slip by!?

17. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Ahhh, one of the wonderful risks you run when broadcasting a live morning show. :D

-Tim

18. slackermonkey

slackermonkey Save The Day

"...we're very upset that thousands of people saw my penis on live TV, out of context and without my permission."

for some weird reason i find that quote really funny, especially out of context.

but seriously, i don't see how anyone can make the mistake of filming a naked person from the waist down. isn't it just common sense, especially on live tv? i can understand these things happen, but geez...