Now that Sentai Filmworks is dubbing Squid Girl......

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Tommypezmaster, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Tommypezmaster

Tommypezmaster Active Member

Since the character's outfit was featured in Splatoon. Think they'll be a chance that some children's network could acquire the rights to air it? Maybe to help promote Splatoon? I do view the show as a semi-kids show.

Here are my options of what channel should air it.

Qubo-I've suggested they should air it when Media Blasters had the right and when Qubo started airing shows for the 7-12 demographic. I feel that this could help Qubo at some extent for their choices of shows for the ages 7-12 .

Cartoon Network-I think it's time for CN to go back to it's roots and air anime outside Toonami to get there respect from older fans. Maybe this acquisitions could be one of their only shows to get higher ratings.

Universal Kids-Let's make the channel as the modern day version of The Hub and this would help their program verity.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

At this time and age, I kind of doubt a channel will pick it up, it might just end up being an online exclusive show.

3. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

There's also adult humor in the show which would not pass the censors on a children's channel in the US.
    Particularly, some of the behavior from another female character who has an obsession with the main character. This was a late-night show in Japan.

#3 SpaceCowboy, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Is it important enough that it couldn't just be edited out (just saying)?

5. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

Some of the more problematic scenes could be edited out, if it doesn't mess up the continuity within the episode.

#5 SpaceCowboy, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017