Nintendo Direct Weekend Conference (Talkback)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Apr 20, 2012.

1. River26

River26 Active Member

Along with the announced titles of last N.D (America)'s conference.
    • The Last Story
    • Update to Xenoblade Chronicles (finalized cover of NA box art)
    • Mario Tennis Open etc...
    Nintendo will also have another global Direct conference. This one only focuses on the North American announcements aspect

These weekend's items this time around may include:
    • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    • THEATRHYTHM: Final Fantasy
    Article
    http://gematsu.com/2012/04/next-nintendo-direct-set-for-april-21

Stream
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

2. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Stuff from the Japanese webcast:
    - Bunch of DLC for Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter Tri G + more?
    - Loads of trailers shown off from Etrian Oddessy IV to Project X Zone
    - New Super Mario Bros. 2 announced for an August release on 3DS
    - Animal Crossing on 3DS hits this fall
    - Kirby 20th anniversary collection announced for Wii
    - Pokemon Black & White gets two paid companion apps on the eShop
    - Update to 3DS firmware enabling folders, and patching coming next week

3. Doguineta

Doguineta New Member

Yeah, this is cool and all (especially NSMB2 & B&W2) but where's my Luigi's Mansion 2 release date Nintendo?!?!

4. Batmex

Batmex Avengers Assemble!

Please Nintendo please DON'T ABUSE the DLC!!!!!!

You are the only one who has not screwed their fans with, don't start now!

5. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't, but what worries me more is whether or not third parties will, and I'm talking about both DLC, and the upcoming patch feature. I think that with both, Nintendo should step in to make sure that third parties won't indeed abuse either feature (and I'm pretty sure Nintendo will step in, but I'm just saying). I don't know about the DLC feature, but the only real reason Nintendo is giving the Nintendo 3DS a patch feature is so we don't have another Mario Kart 7 situation (i.e., with the Maka Wuhu glitch). Otherwise, Nintendo will still make certain that any games made for the system are free of glitches and bugs (as much as possible, anyway). Of course, no company is perfect (they had to create a patch "channel" for TLoZ: Skyward Sword), and for this reason, we will soon be getting the ability to download patches in the unlikely event that this should be necessary. In any case, and I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to assume that Nintendo's commitment to quality won't change despite these two features. They have made mistakes in the past, but personally, they've never let me down before, and for this reason, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they know what they're doing.

6. Takao

I think it's a little too late to be on the "Pwease Nintendo don't maul us with zee evil dlc" train given they've announced DLC for a game they published last week in Japan, haha.

7. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Nintendo stated they were allowing patches on 3DS games long before Mario Kart 7 was even released, they just needed time to implement the feature.

8. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Of course they will. Say it with me: Electronic Arts.

9. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120127qa/02.html

They're allowing micro-transactions. It's over, guys. :p

10. Takao

More like Capcon.

Prepare to have to rebuy Monster Hunter stuff already on the gamecard.

11. Batmex

This is no laughing matter :mad:

Sony/Microsoft's fanba.....costumers are already pretty fed up at this time (Asura's Wrath TRUE ending is dlc....the true ending.......SFxTekken has all costumes and dlc outifs locked on the disc till fall)

12. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

And Mass Effect 3, and the way Square Enix is soaking FFXIII2 players for all they're worth, and the nearly criminal in app purchase schemes on IOS.

Thing is, though, people buy these and it makes developers a lot of money. To think that Nintendo will stand in the way to protect gamers is naive. Even if it wanted to it would look like a bully and drive third parties away. It's just the price of it finally having a workable online ecosystem.

13. Takao

There's a common theme with both the games you listed, and it's not Sony or Microsoft:

[​IMG]

They're best buddies with Nintendo too, so expect exploitation to the max.

14. Batmex

Mhhh weird that Tatsunoko vs Capcom on the wii had no dlc at all, all colors, chars were unlockable trough you know gameplay....like in the good old pre online days.

15. Takao

That's because the Wii is stuck in 2003 in terms of online capabilities. Third parties would have to go to extremes to get DLC running on the platform, and obviously Capcom wasn't going to put that effort into a one off game no large audience would buy.

16. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"

I like Kirby, but what are they seriously expecting to do here? Except for Kirby Air Ride, every major game in the series is available to buy on either the Wii or the 3DS.

And there isn't a Mario All-Stars where a special compilation would make sense independent of the download releases.

17. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

Moreover, where is Paper Mario? At least Luigi's Mansion 2 was announced only a year ago, Paper Mario was announced two years ago. The amount of Mario titles that are getting announced and released within a very short period of time while Animal Crossing and Paper Mario sit out on the sidelines is getting on my last nerve.

I know, I know... Animal Crossing now has a less general release date. However, that release date should not be Fall. It should be Summer. New Super Mario Bros. 2 can wait. It should have until at least next year. If they had to release another Mario game, it should have been Paper Mario. They are going into complete and total overkill with Mario. I know, it's their flagship series, but that doesn't change the fact that they are overdoing it. What Mario titles are they going to have left to release later in the 3DS's lifetime?

They should have at least held back Mario Open Tennis and had Camelot develop an RPG mode for it.

18. spartanx54

spartanx54 New Member

Kinda sucks Animal Crossing 3DS isn't coming till Fall, those Animal Crossing games always had a special place in my heart for some reason, Animal Crossing is the sole reason I even want a 3DS..

19. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Intelligent Systems prioritized Fire Emblem, due to the game including several new features to Nintendo as a whole (first Nintendo game ever with DLC). Now that FE is out in Japan they should get into Paper Mario full force.

But maybe the game isn't finished and given the nature of the series they want to make sure it makes use of all the 3DS features. Animal Crossing has tons of potential of being a multi-facet game and it'll suck if they rush it and don't make use of everything it can. Look what happened with Mario Kart, they were forced to rush it and it ended with a lot less features that it could have.

But the game will be finished and people like 2D Mario. Why wait? It's a sure system seller.

Again, IS prioritized Fire Emblem.

So... why do you want Paper Mario? Sure it plays different, but it's still Mario.

New Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario 3D Land 2, Mario Party 3D, Mario Golf 3D, Mario & Luigi 4, and who knows what else.

Perhaps, but Mario Tennis Open is more focused on online and it has a new retro-styled mode which looks pretty cool. That's OK in my book.

Just be calm, man. It's not like the games are canceled or anything. They will come. E3 is only slightly over a month away and I'm positive we'll hear news of these games over there. Paper Mario was mentioned on the last two E3s, makes sense to have its release revealed there.

And one last thing to remember, as Shigeru Miyamoto once said: "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever."

20. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

Well then I wish they would have announced Fire Emblem first.

We don't know how long it's been in development. It's had it's very unique look from the very first glance of it we got back in 2010.

I've been thinking that Animal Crossing probably is finished or very close to that point is only being delayed for financial reasons.

Well, it's very annoying.

It's simple - Paper Mario was shown at E3 2010. New Super Mario Bros. 2 was shown at a Nintendo Direct in April of 2012. I don't like that the E3 2010 Mario still doesn't have any resemblance of a release date, while the Nintendo Direct April 2012 title got one right when it was announced. And only a few months later with that!

Plus, I just honestly do not care for another New Super Mario Bros. I played through the first one and it wasn't bad, but I rented the Wii one and I couldn't even get through it, I just had such little motivation. It's nothing special. Paper Mario is way different from the other Mario games (aside from the other RPGs, of course) and it is much more fun IMO.

Another New Super Mario Bros.? On top of the one that they've already got planned for the Wii U? Also I thought they weren't too enthusiastic about a Super Mario 3D Land 2.

It's true that they have the other 3. But at the rate they're going right now, those all will be released by early 2013.

Yet a game which was never planned to be anything more than mediocre can only ever become mediocre with delays. And due to Miyamoto's saying and other factors, the expectations for a delayed game are higher. And if that game can't deliver it really burns everybody out.