1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo 3DS - General Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jave, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Nintendo has declared next weekend National StreetPass Weekend. Here's a video to explain what that means exactly.

[video=youtube_share;4FZWEJrqV2E]http://youtu.be/4FZWEJrqV2E[/video]

They also mention that there will be more special StreetPass events going on over the holidays.

2. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Hmm, makes me want to go to most of these hot spots during that weekend and get more tags for New Leaf & Street Pass Plaza from people in different states. Just to see if they play New Leaf.

3. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Heads Up: All of Nintendo's online services on DSi/Wii/3DS/Wii U will undergo major maintenance through December 9 (this Monday). This will be a global maintenance and will last from 9AM to 8PM EST, eleven hours total.

Since Nintendo usually does maintenance right before major firmware updates, this is probably a lead-in to 3DS Miiverse.

4. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

That's the case with you, too? I thought the problem was on my end.

We're overdue for SNES games on the Virtual Console. I don't even know what the holdup is.

5. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I don't know about the Super NES, but we're definitely overdue for Turbografx-16 games. Way back when the Nintendo 3DS came out, it had been announced that that system was coming, but so far all we've seen is Game Boy/Color and NES...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

6. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

I wouldn't get my hopes up ever for TG-16 games. Back when those were first announced Hudson was still its own company, but since then they've been swallowed by Konami who barely seems to care about VC. They've released a couple of NES Hudson games since then, but I seriously wouldn't count on them ever bothering with TG-16 games.

For the record, the last game Hudson published on VC was Adventure Island GB, it happened shortly after the merge with Konami, but Hudson is still credited as the copyright holder in the eShop entry. Later releases like Star Soldier NES on WiiU VC credit Konami as the Copyright holder and publisher, despite being a 100% Hudson game.

7. MDawg

The new 3DS update is live and the Miiverse and Nintendo Network ID for 3DS are now live.

Here's the full rundown of new features.

I appreciate the camera fix. I've accidentally launched my camera way too many times due to the old way it worked. It surprises me that it took Nintendo this long to have software update notices. I remember Mario Kart 7 had an update and I wasn't aware because I hadn't launched the eShop in a while. I'd still prefer that they just do a general update check of anything installed on your 3DS, but I guess this is a step in the right direction.

8. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Here are the starting communities on 3DS Miiverse:

- Pokémon X & Y
    - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    - Mario Party: Island Tour
    - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
    - Mario Kart 7
    - Super Mario 3D Land
    - New Super Mario Bros. 2
    - Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    - Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
    - Skylanders SWAP Force
    - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
    - Sonic Lost World
    - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    - Bravely Default (EU)
    - Scribblenauts Unlimited (EU)
    - LEGO Friends (EU)
    - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (EU)
    - Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (EU)
    - Angry Birds Star Wars (EU)
    - Inazuma Eleven 3 (EU)
    - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (EU)
    - Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (EU)
    - LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (EU)
    - Angry Birds Trilogy (EU)
    - Bravely Default For The Sequel (JP)
    - Gaist Crusher (JP)
    - One Piece Unlimited World R (JP)
    - Aikatsu! My Two Princesses (JP)
    - Disney Magic Castle My Happy Life (JP)
    - Daigasso! Band Brothers P (JP)
    - Yokai Watch (JP)

You can take and share screenshots in all of those communities (provided you own the game, of course), with the unfortunate exceptions of Pokémon X/Y and Monster Hunter.

Also, unlike nearly everything else on 3DS and Wii U, Miiverse is not region locked. You can freely switch between regions via a drop down menu at the bottom of the main Miiverse page, and you can browse, and even post, on communities that aren't from your region.

9. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Living it up.

Finally being able to connect my accounts is so good. I didn't even know I had like $15 left on my 3DS account, so now I can use that on my Wii U's eShop.

10. MDawg

11. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

If you've been liking Sega's 3D project, take heart: a second wave is going to release in Japan. If sales are good elsewhere, we'll probably see them too. Shinobi III and Streets of Rage hit tomorrow, BTW. I downloaded Space Harrier yesterday and yeah, the hype is real, this is an area where the 3D effect is being done right and actually feels like an enhancement.

There May be More SEGA 3D Classics in the West

12. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

Saw the Nintendo Direct video. Can't wait to get Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Am I the only one who thinks NIntendo should've waited till 2015 to come up with Yoshi's New Island? That would've been a great time to celebrate the Big 2-0 of Yoshi's Island on Super NES.

13. Lenny128

Lenny128 Likes Cartoons

I personely don't like the look of Yoshi NI. I thought the art style from the SNES game and DS game made it look special and unique. This one just looks like another "New Super Mario" game with a Yoshi theme. I'm also a bit worried of how the music sounds so far.

14. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

I pretty much agree with Lenny, but a new Yoshi game (from the SNES YI creator) sounds good to me. I'm optimistic that the game will be fun.

15. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I just hope Dizzy Dandy (the fake flower enemy) doesn't return. I'll get the game either way, but still...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

16. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

For those who want to know when Yoshi's New Island will come out, it gets released on March 14th.

17. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

In addition to the release of a Link to the Past on the Wii U Virtual console, we have this: for a limited time through the end of February 2nd, 2014, Nintendo is offering an "Anniversary Edition" of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords on the eShop for free. Killer!

http://zelda.com/fourswordsanniversary/

18. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

How long do you guys think it'll be before Nintendo releases their next handheld system? I've never owned a DS or 3DS, but plan on getting a 3DS XL in a few weeks along with nine or ten games. I know the gap between the release of the DS and the 3DS was fairly large, but a lot of analysts seem to believe that Nintendo will release a new system by 2017.

19. MDawg

THat's 3 years away. Even if you get one now and they announced one for 2017, that's plenty of time with it to not feel like you're getting ripped off. THat and no Nintendo handheld in recent history starts out strong, so you'd have at least another year of use following that. Get it and don't have doubts.

20. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I'd go ahead with getting the 3DS XL. Even if they do release a new system by 2017, that's still three years away, so you would have plenty of time to enjoy the 3DS without feeling like you got it too late. There are quite a few games on the 3DS that I think are good and worth checking out too. Plus, if the DS and especially the 3DS launches were any indication, the next handheld system might not have much to choose from during its first year and they'll probably keep making 3DS games for a little bit after the next system is released anyway, so you wouldn't have to jump ship from the 3DS to the new system once its announced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.