1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicktoons (the channel) News and Discussion Thread 2

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Neo Yi, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Episodes of Bunsen are still in production, Butch posted a Instagram Story of him working on a new episode yesterday.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I thought Bunsen has 20 episodes

3. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Here's what Butch posted:

Photo 20-09-2017, 03 00 41-bunsen.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's been too late for a long time. This is even worse than how they handled Zexal. At least Zexal was airing premieres on the Vortex for awhile and they moved it to Hulu right after it ended. 4K Media really dropped the ball hard with this decision. At least the subs are legally available now and they do put the dubs on DVD too, but this is just pathetic.

I'm still seriously confused why you think that airing reruns is enough to make up for not having premieres for months. They didn't need to go on a break. The first season has been dubbed and aired in other countries. Canada has aired the first two seasons and is currently airing the third one. Nicktoons is in the middle of the first season. At the rate of premieres in October, it may take them nearly two years to finish one season. I still suspect some breaks during November and December for the holidays, so that could easily mean that it takes longer to finish the first season. There is no excuse for that when the episodes are already dubbed and ready to air. Airing reruns instead of removing it from the schedule isn't really enough to make up for that, especially when kids can and most likely did lose interest with nothing but reruns. Not to mention there are few episodes within the first season and the series itself that people can skip over. Each episode tends to add some progression for the storyline and/or characters to where you do need at least a basic idea of what has happened in order to follow along. People can't just jump right in the middle of the current tournament arc and get the same thing out of it from people who know what happened in the earlier episodes.

There really shouldn't be any debate over whether or not Nicktoons has treated the series poorly. They clearly have. When the U.S. airings are far behind other countries and the cards they're promoting through the show aren't the most recent ones available in stores, that's a huge problem. They're already starting to release cards for Vrains and the U.S. TV airings are still pretty early into Arc V. The show exists in order to promote the newest cards, but if the airings are so far behind them that they're already promoting cards from the next series, the that's really bad. I think that the first season is available on DVD and possibly iTunes, but that doesn't really change how poorly the TV airings have been. Nicktoons has been treating the series poorly for quite some time. I don't know how you can argue otherwise or how airing reruns for months during their two unnecessary breaks is actually a good thing.

5. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I just don't get it. Why can't NickTOONS remove those live-action shows already (not including Power Rangers)? CN already learned its lesson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I don't mind Power Rangers airing at all. Heck, the upcoming Massive Monster Mayhem sounds like a good fit on the network.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Doesn't anyone seem to care about PGBC being pulled, and Bunsen is moved to late night hours?

8. superkeegan9100

I never liked Pig Goat Banana Cricket, but Bunsen in the graveyard slots worries me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. D-nice is the man.

Maybe I shouldn't say what I just said, anyways if Arc-V no longer airs on the channel, remember this comment. I honestly didn't expect to get a extensive reply as that.
    Bunsen still airs Saturdays at 11 & 11:30 PM.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. superkeegan9100

How long have they've been airing ARC-V anyway?

11. D-nice is the man.

Since February 2016.

12. superkeegan9100

Oh. I thought it was longer than that. Well anyway, we need to be grateful that ARC-V has a US home at all.

13. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I guess I should've worded correctly... Bunsen moved to late night hours weekdays, I should've mentioned Bunsen still continues Saturdays 11PM hour

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've asked you multiple times why airing reruns for months is apparently a sign of the channel not treating the show like dirt though. I'm also confused on the whole remember this comment point. If Arc-V no longer airs on Nicktoons, how is that any worse than the situation the show currently has? Why would I want Nicktoons to keep Arc V by this point or feel bad if the show was taken off their lineup? At this point, the show might as well be taken off the channel. They started airing the series over a year and a half ago and they're still in the middle of season one. The show would be far better off being just online exclusive at this rate. I'm still kind of surprised they haven't done that yet to be honest.

Honestly, a year and a half is still pretty long considering they haven't made it past the first season yet. I don't see why we have to be grateful that Arc V has a U.S. home at all. Nicktoons isn't widely available and more importantly, it has been treated as a dumping grounds for shows that Nickelodeon doesn't want to air and/or doesn't care about for years. I wouldn't mind that too much if they were more consistent with premieres and didn't take their sweet time finishing a season that has already been dubbed. A TV airing is still the ideal way for shows to get exposure, but it's not something we have to be grateful for to the point where people ignore/downplay terrible schedules and unnecessarily long breaks. Not to mention I seriously doubt that a lot of people are getting into Arc V through Nicktoons anyway given their long breaks and being so far behind even other English speaking countries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Nicktoons has it's problems, but I'm glad Nick at least wants to do something more with it.

Just a shame it's almost all their core channel leftovers, and series they air to fill a contract of some sort

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I still don't understand this. Sure, they want to do something more with it, even though it's most likely just finishing the season they already bought the rights for, but what does that matter at this point? How is airing new episodes after their second unnecessary break really a good sign? It's really unlikely that they'll get the rest of the series not only because of their treatment of Arc V, but 4K Media would probably want to get a Vrains dub going at some point, although that could take awhile to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if a Vrains dub doesn't come out for another year or so if the time it took to get an Arc V dub is any indication.

17. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

...I wasn't specifically talking about Arc-V you know.

That said, I wish it was treated better too.

18. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Sadly a lot of current shows ended up seeing very early morning airings at this point it really isn't much new.

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah, sorry about that. I just assumed that you were talking about Arc V because of coming right after my post and not mentioning any shows specifically. Sorry for misreading your post.

20. Micahel Cataldo

Starting Monday 10am-2pm they're airing the modern version of The Fairly OddParents which isn't that good. They should air the first 5 seasons of that show.