1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nickelodeon Schedule Discussion

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Cartoon Ruler, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Well-Known Member

Nicks continuing their primetime Christmas premieres of their preschool block. Dora this week, Bubble Guppies one hour special next week Thursday at 7 p.m. With the SBSP Christmas specials airing during the 8 p.m. hour. Then there's a PAW Patrol special the week after that on Thursday at 8 p.m. sandwiched between the two SBSP specials.

Don't think any of Nicks preschool shows can garner a 4.7M like Sofia the First, but Dora put up a strong 2.8M primetime, and BG and PP are hits in their own right. I actually think both could hit 3M. Especially PP being sandwiched between SBSP Christmas specials. Not sure why the same isn't being done for BG.

2. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Shocked Nick is giving Thunderman's two back to back premieres on December 7. I'm interested in knowing Nick's motive behind this...

EDIT: Surprise...Surprise..the show is being countered by The Incredibles. Hope Nick makes a REALLY good promo for those episodes (or for the back to back premieres.)

3. Nick Fan 2.0

Nick Fan 2.0 Active Member

BG is a popular show and should be slightly over 3M with the 1 hour special. But Paw Patrol...hm I wonder. I know it's almost a sure bet that it'll be over 3M. Considering it is the #1 preschool show on TV, I expect big numbers considering it's sandwiched between SBSP Christmas specials. The show has performed exceptionally well in those 12PM hour death slots. Can't wait to see high it can go in a GOOD slot. As for TTM, awful idea. Yes, I see Nick is trying to see if it can perform by itself. But the show is the lowest rated of the three live-action shows. And against The Incredibles, I see more sub-2M nights returning...I was hoping Nick would finally do the smart thing in this situation and put FOP @ 8PM, but Nick is never gonna pair live-action and Nicktoons together. I've given up on that possibility.

4. rockorockorocko

Well considering the live action will likely be on hiatus for a month or two, I think the back-to-back premieres is more likely to give the show a higher episode count.

I think Nicks live action might be on a longer hiatus than last year since SaC is likely finished with only a few episodes. And if only five TTM episodes are recycled over two months, the show could tire quick. Seven isn't much better, but still better.

I guess Nick might also be interested in how the show can do on its own and at an earlier slot (I'm sure their debating which should follow SaC, but I'm not too sure going head to head with The Incredibles (ironic considering people think TTM is a rip off of the movie), will be a good gauge.

5. J21697

J21697 Active Member

I know this may sound weird, but what I think Nick should've done with their Super Saturday nights is air the programs that atrract more of the kid audience from 8pm - 9pm, and then air programs that attract an older set of kids, from 9pm - 10pm, like Victorious, sorta too late for that now, but the idea randomly popped up in my head. IMO, the next live action program Nick picks up should be geared towards the tween/teen set, something "edgy" like Victorious, Zoey 101, Drake & Josh, etc. Plus, that set is more likely to stay up 'till 9:30, versus the kiddy set.

6. rockorockorocko

Make sense... But there won't be anything new for a LONG time... Probably not until Fall 2014.

7. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Amber Montana confirmed on her Twitter that Haunted Hathaways will be returning in January (already knew that, but nice to hear some confirmation.)

8. rockorockorocko

Does that mean SaC will be returning in January as well? Or will the Haunted Hathaway and The Thundermans begin premiering in January without SaC as a lead. Definitely will be an interesting start to the new year for Nickelodeon. I suppose SaCwill have some episodes done, but is Nick really ready to roll out SaC... It's 20 episodes need to at least finish toward the tail end of 2014...

9. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Hmm, I don't know. Sam & Cat's 20 episodes will obviously not last throughout the year, Nick would have to stretch the episodes out, which really wouldn't be good for the show. I think Nick should test a night in January, and see if Haunted Hathaways/Thundermans can perform well w/o their Sam & Cat lead in. I have a feeling Haunted Hathaways COULD...Thundermans..I don't know yet.

10. rockorockorocko

Well Nick will get an idea when TTM premieres two episodes next Saturday on its own. I don't think either can do particularly well without SaC.

BTW, looks like TMNT will get its Friday night block back in two weeks, plus another four episodes beginning at 11 a.m. the following day now that there's no TMNT/RI/MvA premieres. So for those wondering about TMNT repeats, that's at least eight airings in two weeks, not even including Sunday... Yet.

11. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Good, that'll probably make ratings rise a little bit, but not a huge increase. Nick is just lucky TMNT has a dedicated fan base.

EDIT: Nick has scheduled an AwesomenessTV repeat for Tuesday @ 7:30??!? Ridiculous. Why is Nick all of a sudden scheduling repeats for this show? It can't be due to contracts, because they would have scheduled them a loooong time ago.

#991 J21697, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013
  12. rockorockorocko

Right, but TMNT's final new episode is this week. Although it would have been nice for TMNT to get these repeats before, I think it's cool Nick is giving the show two 2-hour blocks. Possibly more repeats on Sunday. I'm interested to see how the Winter break schedule continues to develop.

Nick is probably trying to see if ATV is still viable as it's winding down. It scored a 1.9M after TTM last Saturday, versus a 1.6M premiere that Monday. There's only three more episodes to go. You figure if it'll be renewed, it'll be announced soon...

13. Nick Fan 2.0

Wait TMNT is getting a 2-hour block on Saturday.?

14. J21697

J21697 Active Member

No it's getting a two hour block on Fridays, starting next Friday.

15. rockorockorocko

Lol, sorry for the confusion. Next week it airs four episodes during its regular Friday night block. But then on Saturday, it's gonna air another four episodes beginning at 11 a.m. There's no more RI and MvA premieres so looks like TMNT is gonna make a move, and we don't know how things will look like on Sunday or the week after.

So basically, that's eight episodes over two days next week, possibly more on Sunday as well.

16. Nick Fan 2.0

Oh, so TMNT is going to be on from 11-1PM on Saturday.?

17. rockorockorocko

Yup. At least of right now at least. You can check the Zap2It listings. It's updated thru next Saturday.

18. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Wow. Wonder what made Nick decide and give TMNT's the sudden extra time slots. A little too late since its going on hiatus, eh? But more repeat slots is better than none.

19. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I might have better idea although this is weird, but I'm thinking by January, on Saturdays new episodes 8PM Haunted Hathaways, 8:30PM The Thundermans, 9:00PM See Dad Run, 9:30PM Instant Mom. Maybe move 2 sunday sitcoms to Saturdays to get better viewers. Sunday nights were lower because of Disney competition for sitcoms. Note that this is just my opinion

20. rockorockorocko

Yeah, I don't think Nick would ever move SDR and IM to Saturdays with their kid/tween sitcoms. SDR and IM are gonna be around for a long time. Even with low ratings, I'm sure the shows will be fine Sunday evenings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.