1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Nickelodeon Schedule Discussion

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Cartoon Ruler, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Fan 2.0

Nick Fan 2.0 Active Member

Well, SJC has taken the Saturday @8AM slot from RI. Kinda sucks because RI was doing really well there, but SJC is obviously more deserving. Seems to be a lot more SJC repeats on the schedule as a whole.

2. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Also another change for tomorrow is 9:30PM slot is repeat of AwesomenessTV (used to be Sam & Cat).

3. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Well-Known Member

Wth regarding ATV, is it being renewed? I hope not.

And wow, SDR and IM are getting major love from NaM. Why was WaV on such a short leash...

4. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Still think WaV shouldn't have been cancelled. I felt that if the show was actually treated and promoted right, it would have grown.

5. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I don't get it. WaV has gotten better ratings than SDR and IM. Why did Nick cancel it? It had good acting and had potential to be a NaN hit.

6. Nick Fan 2.0

I never understood why WaV was cancelled. It's ratings were often over 2M (which is huge for a Nick@Nite show) before Nick screwed it over and quit promoting it. It was a good show and was worth keeping around. Why SDR and IM are getting all this love makes no sense to me.

7. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Yeah, well at least Nick was some what thinking about bringing the show back. They ordered additional scripts and had plans to relaunch the show, but something came up..

8. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

It's about time Nickelodeon aired Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It's a good fit for the network, plus Miranda Cosgrove sung the movie's end credits song. I think if CwaCoM can gather good ratings on Cartoon Network, it should do good on Nickelodeon as well!

So I'm guessing if Peppa gets good enough ratings, it will stay on the Nickelodeon preschool block. I hope that happens, since the show never aired on the normal Nickelodeon channel before, and it has only aired on the Noggin/Nick Jr. digital channel.

9. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Sam & Cat has been ending past its scheduling time lately. Tonight it ended it @ 8:32 p.m, same for last week.

10. rockorockorocko

Anyone else interested to see if Nick has any Christmas specials from their current shows that they could use as a themed Christmas weekend?

I've looked at Nickandmore's episode lists and it doesn't seem like many of the current shows have Christmas themed episodes or even potential premieres for this month. I know the December premiere schedule will likely be out sometime this week, but it would be a waste IMO if Nick doesn't have anything holiday themed to air from the current batch.

Obviously SaC likely doesn't have one (since it's final episode premieres this week) unless one of the episodes of the second half of season one that they finished is a Christmas one and is ready to go, which I doubt.

They do have a large excess of shows they can use, and Dec. 2 already is stacked with SBSP, FOP, Victorious, DaJ, and iCarly. But still.... Waiting for that premiere schedule.

11. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

As of Sunday Dec 1 and rest of Sundays in December month, nick at nite movies push forward to 8PM instead of 9pm. It's unknown whether there'll be new See Dad Run or new Instant Mom

12. J21697

J21697 Active Member

^ I should give those scheduling execs a high five for countering the new premieres of Liv & Maddie/Austin & Ally. Like I said before, Nick needs to fight fire with fire.

SDR/IM will likely be on the December hiatus, so no biggy.

13. rockorockorocko

Kanc, are you sure that's not just for one week? I don't see any schedules updated on NickandMore or Zap2it that extends into a Sunday.

Zap2it has only Tuesday and Wednesday of next week listed and I'M NOT TRYING TO CREATE any outbursts here, but it seems SJC is gonna be replaced with RI. Now, I know this will upset a lot of people, but here's what I think Nick is doing (should this update actually take place), Nick is gonna try to see if RI is worth renewing or not and that 4 p.m. slot is gonna determine that, since they know SJC is capable in every way shape and form.

----

Waiting for those December premieres and weekday schedule Nick - hurry it up!!

14. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I saw on promo for Nick at Nite movie Sundays 8PM. I'm not really sure if it is just one week. On Tvguide listings for Sunday Dec 8 at 8PM there's a movie with unknown title. Then there's See Dad Run and Instant Mom but with no update. But these could be changed. December still has not updated and it's already Nov 26th. Yes Zap2it has Tuesdays and Wednesdays updated. Still not surprised that RI will be at 4pm next week.

15. Nick Fan 2.0

There going to give RI a weekday slot but not advertise it...That's stupid. Without advertising, it's not going to do very well either way. I see no point in it.

16. J21697

J21697 Active Member

If Nick decides to keep Rabbids, Breadwinners is going to the 12:00 slot? Unless Nick moves the Rabbids to 12 and Breadwinners to 11:30.

17. rockorockorocko

You know... I wouldn't be surprised if RI does comparable to SJC at 4 p.m. SJC is snuggled between FOP and SBSP, and even though 4 p.m. isn't the best slot overall, any show in between FOP and SBSP will do decently. 1.7-2.0M are decent numbers at that slot. Either way, I think the lineup will be altered more and if RI does end up at the slot, it's basically to see if RI is worth keeping to any extent. Remember, Nick gave MM and WaV a good amount of repeats before they finally decided to nix them and burn off episodes.

I'm very interested to see what moves Nick makes with RI. Do they save the remaining 13 episodes for next year or do they air another four in December? If Nick does air premieres through December, I think it's safe to say the show is done.

----

MvA is almost done (hoping Nick will finish off the remaining episodes in December). So if RI and BW end up airing during the same time, I'm sure BW will receive priority and air after TMNT and RI would slip into MvA's 12 p.m. slot. I'm guessing BW won't be making an appearance until January though.

18. Nick Fan 2.0

RI seems to do fairly well in repeats, so it makes sense the numbers would be similar to SJC's. But if this is the beginning of a push for RI to see if it's worth keeping, a weekday slot (especially not 4PM) is not going to cut it. If they decide to promote the show along with the slot than I understand. But without promotion, it really doesn't make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.