1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nickelodeon Ratings Thread Part 5

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by kanc, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Since there's 1000 posts in previous Nickelodeon Ratings Thread Part 4, it's time to make a new thread. That thread started in Feb 2014 until late Apr 2015.

We haven't had much talk for ratings discussion most since early of this year, when ratings had tumbled 30% of quarter last year. I begin to feel whenever I post the ratings for each shows like Sat.live action premieres, Make It Pop, etc, no one is really paying any attention to my posts or responding about this, which makes me ignorant as no one really seems to care or very interesting in ratings anymore.

Instant Mom ratings on Nick at Nite for past 2 weeks on Nick at Nite tumbled so hard on ratings like averaging 0.5-0.6 mil viewers which aired Wednesday 11pm. Tomorrow Instant Mom new episodes will only air on TVLand, and gets pulled from Nick at Nite schedule. How sad is that?

So Little Time ratings yesterday fared 1.065, with lead-in Make It Pop scored 1.372. With So Little Time had 0.20 on adult demo, Full House scored 0.9 viewers on 0.3 adult demo. SpongeBob highest number on that week was last Sat 9:45AM scored 2.090. Again so sad.. Sat. live actions are slowly decreasing like averaging 1.4-1.5 viewers. New millenials don't seem interested watching kids TV, prefer to watch other channels, or stream on mobile devices.

It's too much pressure to focus mostly on ratings while I still have some projects and work to do, I can't keep let ratings downfall interfering with work.. It's not a bad thing, just don't want that too frequent. I can post the ratings weekly as I feel I want to.

Once again, I'm aware Nickelodeon ratings has been in steep ratings decline due to overloading commercials and lack of content. Nick at Nite also suffered in ratings decline as well due to simulcasting from TVLand on a Tuesday and a Wednesday that did heavy damage for total viewers and primetime scored dismal 0.713 viewers.

Week of Apr 20-26, 2015 average total viewers
    #1 TNT 1261
    #2 ADSM 1166
    #3 DSNY 1153
    #4 NICK 1076 (i think this is major lowest watched in ratings)
    TOON 903
    NAN 683

#1 kanc, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  2. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

Kanc, my first question is... Will new Spongebob episodes this summer be enough to rejuvenate Nickelodeon's ratings?

Full House is weak. It used to be one of Nickelodeon's strong points. It seems like things are worse than a month ago. So Little Time is performing like Max & Shred. Make It Pop has worse ratings than Every Witch Way season 3. Another question is, what will Nickelodeon do once So Little Time's ratings prove that their Mary Kate & Ashley acquisitions are worthless?

3. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There are a couple of short articles about Nickelodeon ratings. The first is at Mediapost, and the second is at Broadcasting & Cable, which has details about the time dedicated for ads and promos on Nickelodeon, Disney XD, and Cartoon Network.

4. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for questions!
    I somehow doubt that new SpongeBob ratings would do well in summer. If it's every Sat. morning, my guess is around 2.5 viewers. Most of the summer ratings of Nickelodeon seems little down trend, Disney had a history of winning all kid demos and total viewers in the summer.

Full House is weak but it still remains most watched on Nick@Nite topped in at least 10 telecasts for total viewers averaging 1.0-1.4 viewers even though Nick@Nite network and most ratings were really down, but Full House still remains most watched, unless if it's a special airing like a movie, then it would beat Full House viewers. So Little Time wasn't doing too bad, it was a starting point of new show. New generation kids are not familiar with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. The reason they acquired this archive is because Nickelodeon is desperate to bring tween or K6-11 viewers to watch, but I could guess older kids don't watch Nickelodeon much which is due to school work, and doing some projects etc, like me.

SpongeBob encores on a weekday are scoring 1.3-1.5 viewers in afternoon and Fairly OddParents did ok ratings but not SpongeBob level ratings. SpongeBob still is the most watched only very low 2 mil viewers on a weekend morning. I hope if there's an input on what kids want to watch on Nickelodeon..

I've seen some negative comments from oriental people about K-Pop and some stereotypes which marked ratings for Make It Pop to do low.

For me, it's frustrating and letting it hindering from my work. I can't keep thinking bad things how Nickelodeon gets suffered low ratings, Maybe most people felt same way. Nickelodeon did their best to put much effort and did great job acquiring Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen rights. ABCFamily had done that since mid 2000's until late 2000s I think. ABCFamily as of now is focusing new direction of aiming young adults for original series/dramas.

5. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

What do you think Nickelodeon's next desperate move will be? Nickelodeon reacted to SJC and BW's low ratings by greenlighting Welcome to The Wayne and removing all reruns of SJC and BW.

They acquired Mary Kate & Ashley's library when Make It Pop was suffering in ratings.

What will they do when So Little Time is a failure? The ratings can get really ugly next week when So Little Time moves to 6:30 after Make it Pop reruns. The MIP reruns will do worse then the premieres then that means lower SLT premieres. Lower SLT premieres means the 7:00 PM hour of Spongebob might be weaker then being at the 5 PM hour. Just wait until So Little Time is the lead in for a Mary Kate & Ashley movie next week.

6. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Saturday Final Nationals: ESPN Tops Broadcast Networks in Key Demographics with NBA Playoffs - TV Media Insights - TV Ratings & News - Network TV Show Reviews and Daily Ratings
    Henry Danger (repeat) - 1.48
    Bella (NEW) - 1.489 (very weak increase from Henry Danger lead-in)

It seemed that these two are almost similar ratings as premieres, and most fans aren't really tuning much. Disney live actions are already scoring 2 mil viewers and higher.

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.26.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    TMNT - 1.739
    Breadwinners - 1.099
    Sanjay and Craig - 1.092
    Harvey Beaks - 1.217

This would be the last time I post ratings for Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners, Why? Due to their low ratings, Sun May 3, these shows are being pulled for premieres as well, same thing for Harvey Beaks at Sun. nights [it would be in schedule discussion thread]. TMNT did so decent and beating Nick's live action premieres/reruns.

7. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Well, the Sunday Night block is dead. SJC and BW are better off being Nicktoons-exclusive. That most recent Sunday Night Nick promo was false advertisement (false ads being a Nick trademark).

#7 RDG, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  8. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

So Little Time ratings fared horrible and under 1 mil viewers. I guess I was wrong. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen archives would be better off with Teennick. But Full House on the other hand seems to score much better than So Little Time which is weird. Full House should move to Nickelodeon to help boost ratings. Younger on Nick at Nite did more damage to total viewers, but TVLand total viewers beat Nick at Nite:

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 100 Tuesday Cable Originals: 4.28.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    Make It Pop - 1.363, 0.21 adult demo
    So Little Time - 0.965, 0.12 adult demo

Younger (NAN) - 0.502, 0.20 adult demo
    Younger (TVLand) - 0.647, 0.16 adult demo
    -----------
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...nting-dance-moms-real-housewives-more/396298/
    Full House 8:30PM - 1.278, 0.3 adult demo
    Full House - 9:00PM - 1.225, 0.3 adult demo

Week of Apr 13-19, 2015 Top telecasts total viewers on Nickelodeon according to SOTB tweet
    #1 SpongeBob 4/19 10:30AM 2.175
    #2 SpongeBob: Runaway Roadtrip 4/19 9AM 2.161
    #3 Fairly OddParents 2.08 4/19 11AM (not listed in top 100 tvbythenumbers)
    #4 Fairly OddParents 1.897 11:30AM (not listed in top 100 tvbythenumbers)
    #5-#10 SpongeBob
    15 of the top 20 is SpongeBob..

#8 kanc, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  9. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Horrible day for premiere and So Little Time is suffering a major low after Make It Pop lead-in. But Full House is average 1.0 viewers, higher than So Little Time ratings.
    Make It Pop - 1.113
    So Little Time - 0.752

10. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

This fate for all those shows might be the same for TMNT IF this Sunday's new episode scores very low

11. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

TMNT is still doing ok averaged 1.5-1.8 ratings even though Nick network is way down, and SpongeBob lead-in really helps. This Sunday's new episodes were pulled as mentioned in schedule discussion and May 2015 threads. But it's unclear for next Sunday May 10.

12. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

Friday May 1st

Make It Pop - 1.29
    So Little Time - .88

SLT got a 400k drop from Make It Pop. Kanc, look at next week's schedule. It is probably the worst schedule Nick ever made.

5:00 PM Live Action
    5:30 PM Live Action
    6:00 PM Make It Pop (Reruns)
    6:30 PM So Little Time (New)
    7:00 PM Spongebob
    7:30 PM Spongebob

Take a look, Make It Pop reruns are likely to do worse then the premieres. That means So Little Time will get worse ratings than last week's .75 on 4/29. SLT is leading into Spongebob. Spongebob will end up with less viewers then if it was in the 5 PM hour. Plus Nick is airing a Mary Kate & Ashley movie on Friday. This could push Nickelodeon below 1 million average viewers. What's your opinion?

13. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Yes I'm aware of this schedule, i should find out for today's rating by tomorrow evening.. I think So Little Time should be pull in same ratings like 0.8-0.9 viewers, Make It Pop reruns may likely be low 1 mil viewers or 0.9 viewers.
    And looks like Sunday night nicktoon is back again!

14. Outsider

Outsider Member

Will Nick be pinning all hope of recovery on School of Rock this September? (Not sure when they are planning to premier SoR)
    I'm not sure moving back to music/live action will solve the ratings decline. With the start of Nick radio it seems the new focus will be in this direction though.
    I imagine a lot of promoting is going to take place but the audience is shrinking so fast it might be difficult to bring them back.

15. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Saturday Cable Ratings: NBA Basketball Tops Night + ‘SportsCenter’, ‘Cleveland Abduction’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
    8AM SpongeBob - 1.063, 0.3 adult demo
    8:30AM SpongeBob - 1.358, 0.3 adult demo
    9AM SpongeBob - 1.436, 0.3 adult demo vs Amazing World of Gumball - 1.397, 0.4 adult demo
    9:15AM Harvey Beaks (NEW) - 1.346, 0.30 adult demo
    9:30AM SpongeBob - 1.243, 0.3 adult demo vs Teen Titans Go - 1.489, 0.3 adult demo
    9:45AM Harvey Beaks (NEW) - 1.345, 0.32 adult demo
    10AM SpongeBob - 1.326, 0.3 adult demo vs Teen Titans Go - 1.529, 0.3 adult demo
    10:15AM Harvey Beaks (NEW) - 1.334, 0.32 adult demo
    10:30AM SpongeBob - 1.286, 0.3 adult demo vs Teen Titans Go - 1.680, 0.3 adult demo
    10:45AM Harvey Beaks - 1.244, 0.23 adult demo
    11AM SpongeBob - 1.368
    11:30AM SpongeBob - 1.547, 0.3 adult demo
    3PM SpongeBob - 1.217, 0.3 adult demo
    3:30PM SpongeBob - 1.347, 0.3 adult demo
    8PM Henry Danger - 1.436, 0.23 adult demo
    8:30PM Bella - 1.227, 0.19 adult demo

It's sad that 20 Cartoon programming topped in Sat's cable, while 12 Nickelodeon programming topped in Sat. cable. It's noticeable that back to back SpongeBob and Harvey Beaks ratings didn't fare well which gets some drops and aren't very SpongeBob ratings level as it should be. Teen Titans Go counterprogrammed Nick's Sat head to head morning, and there were increasing numbers as averaging 1.6 viewers on encores. Kids are tuned out when Harvey Beaks is on and likely to watch cartoon programming. Disney's new live action premieres are beating Sat's live action premieres which is sad, it's been like this since mid April.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 5.3.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    Sunday Cable Ratings: ‘Game of Thrones’ Tops Night + ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’, ‘Silicon Valley’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
    9:30AM SpongeBob - 1.670, 0.4 adult demo
    10AM SpongeBob - 1.873, 0.5 adult demo
    10:30AM SpongeBob - 1.953, 0.4 adult demo
    11AM TMNT - 1.567, 0.33 adult demo

Disney new episodes
    8PM Austin and Ally - 1.952, 0.37 adult demo
    8:30PM Liv and Maddie - 2.037, 0.4 adult demo
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Weekly Ratings Notes for Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, TBS, TNT & NBA TV: ‘Adventure Time’, ‘Meet the Smiths’, NBA Playoffs & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
    Cartoon network gets 9 out of top 10 programming telecasts (which demo?), and boys 6-11 20 out of top 25 cartoon programming! My guess is TMNT must be ranked below top 20..
    -------------------------------------------
    Monday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Top Night + ‘Love & Hip Hop Atlanta’, ‘Monday Night RAW’, ‘Teen Mom’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
    SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 100 Monday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 5.4.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    7:00AM SpongeBob - 0.946, 0.3 adult demo
    7:30AM SpongeBob - 1.070, 0.3 adult demo
    8:00AM SpongeBob - 1.072, 0.3 adult demo
    3:00PM SpongeBob - 1.247, 0.3 adult demo
    3:30PM SpongeBob - 1.385, 0.3 adult demo
    4:00PM Fairly OddParents - 1.303, 0.3 adult demo
    4:30PM Fairly OddParents - 1.057
    5:00PM Henry Danger - 0.972
    5:30PM Henry Danger - 1.00
    6:00PM Make It Pop (repeat) - 0.752
    6:30PM So Little Time - 0.751, 0.17 adult demo
    7:00PM SpongeBob - 0.883
    7:30PM SpongeBob - 1.182, 0.3 adult demo
    8:00PM Full House - 0.980, 0.3 adult demo
    8:30PM Full House - 0.996, 0.3 adult demo
    10:30PM Fresh Prince - 0.775, 0.3 adult demo
    -----------------------------------------
    TNT Wins Week With Cable Primetime Total Viewers and Primetime Adults 18-49; FOX News Tops Total Day Viewers For Week Ending May 3, 2015 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
    Fox News is #1 on total day.
    #1 FOXN 1165
    #2 TNT 1086
    #3 ADSM 1062
    #4 DSNY 1046
    #5 NICK 1026

These kids network numbers continue to decrease from week to week and among all networks. So Little Time ratings are still almost the same or little when airing 6:30PM, it might be better if it will move to Nick at Nite. Even Full House and sometimes Fresh Prince encores now scoring 0.9 viewers are beating So Little Time viewers. Friends somewhat don't score total viewers well, averaging 0.7-0.8 viewers

#15 kanc, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  16. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Additionally, from TV Media Insights:
    12:00PM Power Rangers Dino Charge - 1.221, so it was nearly equal to Bella's total.

17. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

Other than new Spongebob episodes, can you name any other options Nick has to revive their ratings? Look at Spongebob's Saturday numbers, wth? Spongebob is weaker and that is not normal. Nick is losing viewers in droves. What's making the ratings drop so fast?

18. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

TBH I don't think even that will do very much

19. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Well, last Sat. 9AM-11AM, there was SpongeBob and Harvey Beaks back to back chunking, like there were 4 new (15 min segments) episodes. Harvey Beaks don't pull a very strong SpongeBob repeat numbers. It seems more people are interested watching SpongeBob than any other show. And with Sat morning had been weaker, Cartoon Network Teen Titans Go morning numbers were really increasing. Teen Titans Go on that week was #1 most watched in all kid and tween demos.

SpongeBob encore morning numbers on a Sat. had been scoring so higher even though network has been down at least 30% quarter of last year. With Harvey Beak's new episodes ratings, it is almost similar to Sunday evening premieres averaging 1.2-1.3 viewers which is dismal. It's sad more kids prefer to watch Cartoon Network than Nickelodeon. Not sure if there were any fix in ratings, with summer coming up, I bet Disney will rule the summer, and hoping Nick should increase viewers so.. With new SpongeBob episodes coming, let's hope it should bring back to mid 2 mil viewers to low 3 mil viewers, IMO.

Maybe the reason So Little Time had dismal ratings could be that there is possibility that there are new targeted generation of kids not familiar with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen series, since kids are not born in 2001 or 2002. It's hard to bring tweens back since there were not a lot of tweens or older kids are watching Nick anymore. Most kids really into mobile devices that Nielsen data hasn't measured with. Nielsen only measures live TV, which I hope Nielsen will measure mobile devices sometime soon, don't know exactly when..

I think Mary Kate and Ashley olsen archive Nick acquired will probably be finished by the end of summer or maybe it's limited, which is just my guess. Once So Little Time has finished airing episodes, then I think it's time to move to another series "The Adventures of Mary Kate & Ashley", (I never even heard of that show, surprisingly). So Little Time can still be accessed on nick.com.

And... look at this! On Tues Apr 7 1PM new episode of Paw Patrol had scored 1.933 on 0.4 adult demo! And looking at the cynopsis kids it was #1 watched in K2-11 demo scoring 1.860! When I calculate it by subtracting from total viewers to K2-11 demo, equals to 0.073 that were not K2-11. The adult demo rating 0.4 on tvbythenumbers don't seem to make sense and when I looked at showbuzzdaily for adult demo ratings, it's not listed anymore as it's lower than 0.12 which it IS. It seems there were less adults and most younger kids watching Paw Patrol!; #2 on Thurs Apr 9 1PM K2-11 demo 1.655, which we can assume 1.7 or similar in very low adult demo since that number didn't top in 100.

20. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

Tuesday, So Little Time - 703k.

7:30 PM Spongebob 1.2 million.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.