1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nickelodeon Ratings Discussion, part 4

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Jacob, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

What does ATM stand for?

2. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

"At the moment"

3. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Little off the thread, but not sure why SjC and BW recent new episodes weren't posted at nick.com site. I may be thinking it will add so soon, maybe little late.
    If ratings continue to do severely low for BW and SJC, IMO they should be pulled from Sunday night lineup and wait for it to burn in summer I guess. It's way too soon to move to Nicktoons. Sanjay and Craig have done well in ratings back in spring 2013. Breadwinners did ok/decent in ratings last year.

Overall Nickelodeon ratings have been down big time losing 30% of the quarter vs last year. So most of the shows are affected by ratings. Even SpongeBob reruns are hitting mid 1.5 viewers in evenings weekdays/weekends. But weekend mornings are hitting very very low 2 mil viewers-1.9 viewers average.

4. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

I expect Nickelodeon to stop all animated premieres until summer right after Harvey Beaks airs it's 6th episode on May 3rd. I see them waiting for the new Spongebob episodes before anything premieres. Then, Nickelodeon will premiere their animated shows on Saturday Mornings. Pig Goat Banana Cricket will either begin in summer or fall. My concern is that BW or SJC could easily get cut off the network after May 3.

5. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 25 Tuesday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.14.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    Wallykazam - 1.174
    Make It Pop - 1.557
    Younger (NAN) - 0.644

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 25 Wednesday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.15.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    Make It Pop - 1.290
    Hot in Cleveland (NAN) - 0.689
    Soul Man (NAN) - 0.595
    Instant Mom - 0.584 (major series low)

Instant Mom has hitting a series low, and it's due to many factors:
    -it has been on long hiatus since last December on Nick at Nite and no reruns have been played at all
    -for one-two weeks notice, it was quietly added to Nick at Nite schedule (along with simulcasting TVLand and NickMom)
    -it was placed on late night 11pm on Wednesdays, with bad lead-ins like Hot in Cleveland and Soul Man which also fared severly low ratings
    -overall Nickelodeon network is down big time in ratings for quarter down around 30%
    -no promotion nor banner has been made that Instant Mom returns to Nick at Nite
    -former Instant Mom fans were not aware, nor sitcomsonline blog specified this change that Instant Mom returns with new episodes

Howver, it's sad to report Instant Mom scored major series low. This exceeds Wendell & Vinnie had hit a series low with last episode of series scored 0.641 on Nick at Nite, with weak lead-in of encore See Dad Run scored 0.673. That was due to worldwide day of play event that was faced with low ratings (but not too low as 2014-2015 year) TVLand and NickMom also aired Instant Mom but unsure how the ratings did..

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-update-4-16-2015.html
    Make It Pop - 1.367

#985 kanc, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
  6. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Wow. :shrug:

I've never seen how low Nick's ratings has dropped lately. It maybe even worse than 2011-2013. It's actually kinda sad.

Nick seriously needs a complete overhaul.

7. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

I really need to pay closer attention to how Nick's ratings have gotten over the years. (Well, it's a want, not a need.) I've been curious about the ratings ever since... whatever happened by Fall 2011. (And my whole way of coming at it was... various people have said that x y and z have caused Nickelodeon to "go downhill" yet Nick's apparently been doing fine ratings-wise, so how much should it try to listen to various people saying Nick's gone downhill? But then the network's gotten a big ratings loss by Fall 2011, which suggests that Nick should try to do SOMETHING, but what does that something consist of?...)

Beyond that, I don't really know what to think of Nick's actual ratings.

How specifically, though? (That's not just aimed at you.) Even though it's been months since it was last responded to, should we revise/restart that what-would-you-do-to-try-to-save-Nickelodeon thread? Or should we discuss that sort of thing in this thread?

8. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

It's already much worser than 2014. We already know that Cartoon Network has gotten year to year gains in kids demos. They were 2nd watched for K6-11 and T9-14, which means Nick is 3rd place. Nick and Disney are somewhat little close to getting #1 spot in K2-11. Apparently Viacom network facing ratings decline and last month there were layoffs which make ratings even much worse.

9. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

Sunday Night Nicktoons is doing worse than all of CN's shows, all of DC's shows, and even Nick's live action. TMNT and Power Rangers premieres/reruns are doing better then Sunday premieres. However, Nickelodeon has one last chance to repair the damage. New Spongebob episodes will premiere in summer. Plus, these episodes will have the show's creator involved again. The new Spongebob episodes can potentially increase viewership among every show on Nickelodeon. We only had 5 Spongebob in 2013 and one was a special. 1.5 episodes in 2014. 2015 only had a half episode for Harvey Beaks. Nickelodeon wanted a movie over the good of their network. That lack of Spongebob for 2.5 years has crippled them severely.

#989 ZombieTJ101, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2015
  10. RDG

One last what? And do you mean premieres of TMNT and PR or reruns? Nick pulls reruns of both from time to time.

11. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

12. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There is an additional rating available from SonoftheBronx: 885,000 viewers for the Power Rangers Dino Charge rerun on April 11. That might be an outlier number in future weeks if ratings increase, but it is not a good start to a hiatus that is going to last for 4 months.

13. RDG

And where they'll show 2 episodes almost every week. They just can't show only 1 on both days?

14. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That might help, although reruns are still reruns. At this rate, all 8 episodes will air in a 4 week loop. I can see why Saban would want it to keep airing on Nickelodeon, to keep a constant show presence on the main channel, but certainly fans will get fatigued by the rerun cycle by the time the fall TV season arrives.

15. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Instant Mom ratings Wed Apr 15 on Nick at Nite, TVLand, and NickMom: 0.584, 0.338, and 0.074 respectively. Totaling up viewers: 0.996 viewers. Nick at Nite and TVLand demos are different as Nick at Nite's most associated with F12-34, and TVLand's older males aged 50 or over.

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 25 Friday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 4.17.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    Make It Pop - 1.427
    Monster High: Haunted - 1.485 (nice gain, very decent)

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 25 Saturday Cable Originals: 4.18.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    Henry Danger - 1.418
    Bella - 1.637
    TVLand Awards - ?

I still say Instant Mom should be burned rest of the episodes on NickMom without simulcasting on Nick at Nite and TVLand. Even if it get lower ratings than ever.
    Make It Pop ratings overall did ok, though not very strong. I don't know how well So Little Time ratings could do on Nick. Full House is the only show on Nick at Nite is the most watched, even if the network is down in ratings overall. Full House averages around low 1 mil viewers to mid 1 mil viewers.
    ---------------------
    Comparison of ratings on Sun Apr 5 premieres vs Sat Apr 11 morning reruns
    Breadwinners - 1.130 vs 1.173
    Sanjay and Craig - 1.063 vs 1.172

This looks suspicious. It seemed there's a mirroring or almost similar ratings for Sat morning are little higher than Sunday evening premieres. There is a low fanbase for Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners as I mentioned many times, and long hiatus break so far aren't helping at all.
    ------------
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...viewers-for-week-ending-april-19-2015/392113/
    Adult Swim wins #1 total day 1147, Disney #2 (1135), Nick #3 (1130)

#995 kanc, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  16. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

Breadwinners: 0.28 in 18-49s, 1.39M total viewers.
    Harvey: 0.26/1.54M
    Sanjay: 0.19/1.13M

Harvey grew from it's last premiere by 100k. Sanjay & Craig dropped by 410k viewers.

17. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

This may come as a surprise but The Parent Trap on Nick at Nite got 1.519 viewers, which actually grew from Sanjay and Craig weak lead-in. Even though Parent Trap had very limit promos on Nick at Nite, but most frequently on Nick for one day. I think this may be good time to air the movie for reruns probably on Nick.

I agree Sunday night cartoons don't seem to work so well. But with Harvey Beaks rating despite many promotions although repetitive, it did decent, so happy with the numbers. I still say Harvey Beaks should've been moved to Sat 10:30AM to get little higher ratings, but SpongeBob reruns on morning seem to score average 2.1 viewers, nowhere high as it used to have last year with 2.5 viewers

18. ZombieTJ101

ZombieTJ101 Member

The best thing that can happen is Harvey Beaks premiering right after new Spongebob episode in summer. Very likely to happen.

19. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

04/22/15: Zendaya set to take the stage as host of the 2015 Radio Disney Music AwardsCynopsis Media
    Apr 13-19, 2015
    K2-11
    NICK 578
    DSNY 569
    TOON 409

K6-11
    DSNY 382
    NICK 274
    TOON 273

T9-14
    DSNY 371
    TOON 204
    NICK 187

Mar 30-Apr 6, 2015 top 10 telecasts
    Teen Titans Go, Steven Universe, Ninjago mostly topped in K2-11 and K6-11. new Blaze and the Monster Machines ranked #5 in K2-11, new Henry Danger ranked #9, for K6-11, new Henry Danger #3, new Bella #5. And No SpongeBob.

Yes it's likely only new episodes of live action would top in kids demos, but most of the programs belonged to cartoon shows and disney movie. The SpongeBob reruns no longer topped in any kids demos which is not a surprise, but still wondering how has SpongeBob total viewers managed to get 2 mil viewers on weekend morning slots? Do most adults like SpongeBob better than most kids?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TVLand Award ratings
    Sat Apr 18 at 9pm premiere TVLand - 0.542
    Sat Apr 18 at 10:30PM Nick at Nite - 0.513 (NOT simulcasting, just TVLand encore airing Nick at Nite)

#999 kanc, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  20. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

These Make It Pop ratings for what I observed aren't too bad, averaging 1.2-1.6 viewers... Thundermans lead-in are doing decent.
    Good news showbuzzdaily would finally get top 100 original cable telecasts.

Instant Mom ratings:
    NAN - 0.606
    TVLand - 0.256
    NickMom - 0.092
    Totaling up is 0.954, down from 0.996 week ago, Nick at Nite airing was up from week before; TVland's version fell from week ago.

Note: I have chosen not to update or make any ratings for Nickelodeon live action/animations/etc, since nothing has been changed. Bella did ok averaging 1.4, TMNT ratings did decent averaging 1.6-1.7. SpongeBob still remains to be the most watched in Nickelodeon network even though ratings overall is down. Disney's live action and radio music award averaged 2 mil viewers beating Nick's live action premieres. Harvey Beaks did a 1.2 rating as of last Sunday. Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners ratings still continue down in low 1 mil viewers.

When Nick preschool new episodes have premiere, it did decent in total viewers averaged 1 mil viewers to 1.4 viewers, and some topped in K2-11 demos.

Full House is the only Nick at Nite sitcom that is most watched viewers averaging 1.0 viewers to 1.4 viewers, placed top 10 or top 11 in total viewers. Fresh Prince doesn't do well in primetime, but Friends is the second most watched averaged 0.8-1.0 viewers.

I wonder how well So Little Time does in ratings..

#1000 kanc, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.