1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nickelodeon Ratings Discussion, part 4

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Jacob, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickDisneyCartoo

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 25 Thursday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 3.26.2015 | Showbuzz Daily

Make It Pop - 1.288
    L&M - 1.720
    DWAB - 1.722

Make It Pop preview bombed and I don't think the series is gonna do well when it starts its daily premieres in two weeks. Did anybody even like it...? I had zero interest.

Disney Channel's Tune in 4 What did not start well either with those terrible numbers (probably wasn't good idea to air new episodes on a Thursday the most watched night on tv).

2. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Thanks for filling in NickDisneyCartoo for Make It Pop ratings. Yeah sorry I've been busy and haven't had time to post yesterday.
    Highest rating for SpongeBob last Thursday was 2.214 on a 4PM
    NRDD 5PM - 1.838
    Thundermans 5:30PM - 1.638
    Bella 6PM - 1.618
    6:30PM - not listed, but assumed it's low..

Live action repeats did decent but dropped a little from high SpongeBob reruns. Make It Pop has been mostly advertised as April 6 in new series, several kids didn't know that the show was a preview (one day advertised). But wow for Make It Pop, second lowest premiere ever (actually a preview). Max and Shred hit the lowest rated premiere from the start.

3. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Friday Cable Ratings: NCAA Basketball Wins Night, ‘Bring It!’, ‘Jack & Triumph Show’, ‘Girl Meets World’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

Something interesting though:
    4:30PM SpongeBob - 2.163
    5:00PM Make It Pop (encore preview) - 1.629
    7PM SpongeBob SquarePants Movie - 1.704
    8:45PM SpongeBob - 1.876
    9:00PM Full House - 1.669
    9:30PM Full House - 1.401

Make It Pop last Thursday preview bombed, but the encore scored higher than premiere. This could mean that SpongeBob lead-in scored in 2 mil viewers and that's a big drop which they tuned in Make It Pop. It's a shock that Full House encore scored much higher than Nick's live action
    I may have a strange feeling that SpongeBob is a better lead-in than other live action lead-in.

4. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 25 Saturday Cable Originals: 3.28.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    10:45AM SpongeBob - 2.152
    11AM Fairly OddParents - 1.949
    11:30AM Fairly OddParents - 2.033
    7:00PM Thundermans one hour season 2 finale - 2.182
    8:00PM Kids Choice Awards - 3.630 (highest rated in 2015 overall, and sadly 1.5 mil drop from last year's KCA)
    9:30PM Harvey Beaks (11 min) sneak peek - 2.578

8:00PM Jessie - 1.383
    8:30PM Austin and Ally - 1.408

SHOWBUZZDAILY’s Top 25 Sunday Cable Originals: 3.29.2015 | Showbuzz Daily
    7:00PM - SpongeBob (Yeti Krabs) - 2.245 (series low?)
    7:15PM - Harvey Beaks series premiere - 1.806

8:00PM - I Didn't Do It - 1.578
    8:30PM - KC Undercover - 1.971

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...tlanta-going-clear-killing-jesus-more/382018/
    9:00AM SpongeBob - 2.135
    9:30AM SpongeBob - 2.384
    10:00AM SpongeBob - 2.360
    10:30AM SpongeBob - 2.310
    11:00AM Thundermans (one hour encore) - 2.132

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...hip-for-the-week-ending-march-29-2015/381590/
    Notre Dame Kentucky on TBS aired Sat 8:40PM was scoring 14.747 viewers, which somewhat affects KCA ratings though.. KCA ranked #18th most watched in cable top 25 though.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...viewers-for-week-ending-march-29-2015/381449/
    Nick is #1 most watched average day - 1348; DSNY 4th place (1104).

Disney's Sat tune in for what premieres bombed hard due to Nick's KCA. But on the other hand Nick's KCA did really well, but it's sad that Disney's Bad Hair Day movie premiere had scored 3.976, which beats Nick's premiere of KCA. I wonder how Nicktoons, Teenick, Nick.com, TVLand ratings for KCA.... It wasn't posted.
    SpongeBob Sunday repeats are in 2 mil viewers, highest was 2.384 in 0.6 adult demo! Which worries me that assuming either Sat or Sun mornings SpongeBob repeats scoring so high than SpongeBob Sunday evening premiere.

Rest of the Disney's Tune in for What premiere except Sat. did decent or ok though somewhat peaked little or under 2 mil viewers.

I begin to worry how Make It Pop ratings will likely be tumbled down to under 1 mil viewers as it progresses. SOFB tweeted that last Thurs 6:30PM lead-in for Make It Pop preview was Bella that scored 1.418, which means, there's a drop from lead-in.
    ---------
    Bad news:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...kids-tweens-for-15th-straight-quarter/382497/

Disney won total viewers, K6-11 and T9-14 for the first quarter. Sadly I don't think there's a press release for Nickelodeon issuing a ratings for Kids Choice Award.

#944 kanc, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  5. J21697

J21697 Active Member

What a mess. The only bright spot on that list is The Thundermans finale. Crazy how boring and uninteresting Nick's ratings get as they continue to decline.

Going from 5 million to 3.6 million is just horrific. Nick is going to need a huge overhaul, and the Viacom execs need to cut the head off of the snake if they want to see some sort of improvement, and I'm pretty sure we all know who that snake is.

I just don't see Nick's ratings improving until Spongebob returns in the summer, but according to its most recent numbers, Spongebob might not be enough.

6. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Last year's KCA had 5.03 mil viewers with 1.1 adult demo, now this year 3.6 mil viewers with 0.8 adult demo. This is the biggest rating drop in history, 1.4 mil viewers decrease. This is much worse than sharp decline from 2011 KCA to 2012 KCA, which is off by 1.1 mil viewers.

I may have bad feeling, if ratings continues to decline and next year if it happens my prediction for next KCA may be lower. Because there is a lower pattern trend for KCA started in 2010. But the steep decline started in fall 2011.

7. NickDisneyCartoo

Yikes, with all that promotion I thought the KCA's would do WAY better than that. Those ratings are awful. Even DCOM Bad Hair Day did way better and manage to nab 4.0 million viewers. This is just sad.

And Disney was really stupid to air new episodes against the KCA's, because those ratings are atrocious. A series low for both Jessie and Austin & Ally. They're whole Tune In 4 WHAT? Weekend was a total disaster save for the only bright spot of GMW managing to nab 2.3 million viewers.

8. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

That KCA Ratings number... =(

As much as I know who you're talking about, I don't know what's directly her doing what's other people's doing. But if any of them are doing things that are ultimately causing ratings to be low, I'm fine with them staying as long as they change things. (But... what to change?)

But to be fair, many people here thought the KCAs were better than last year (and I think I'd agree), yet ratings went down so low, so I guess not a lot of kids seemed interested...

Ironic for Austin & Ally because it won Best Kids Show (I don't remember the specific name of the award). I'm sure airing those episodes was to try and at least cause some damage to Nick's ratings for the KCAs, but I don't know the best thing for Disney to air.

9. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Well-Known Member

Well, I would hope Nick would issue a PR. That 3.6M is still the best thing on Nick in how long, so it's worth something.

I wonder if Nick is waiting to get ALL the ratings from TeenNick, NickToons and TV Land. I *think* it would boost the KCA to over 4.0M at least, which at least looks decent on paper. Remember, this is why Nick is starting to air it's specials across multiple networks, to help the ratings look better. But seriously, all things considered, that 3.6M isn't too bad with where things have been....

10. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Last year's basketball championship tournament in TBS at 8:38PM scored 9.967 on 3.2 adult demo, which somewhat affects KCA 2014, now this year NCAA basketball tournament at 8:40PM scored 14.747 on 4.89 adult demo. This means basketball tournament ratings are sharply increasing year to year while KCA ratings sharply decreases year to year.

Now this cynopsis kids demos week of Mar 23-29, to make it brief: Nick wins K2-11, and in 2nd place for K6-11 and T9-14. The K6-11 are little but not too close for Nick and Disney, same thing for T9-14 but only for Cartoon and Nick.

Week of Mar 9-15: Top 10 of K2-11 telecast. #1 is Despicable Me, #2 Teen Titans Go, #3 (look at that!, not Paw Patrol, BUT..) Blaze and the Monster Machines, and the rest includes NRDD, Bella, Henry Danger, another Blaze and Monster Machines, Disney movies
    Top 10 of K6-11: #1 is Teen Titans Go, #2 NRDD, and rest of Nick's live action including Henry Danger, Thundermans (Sat encore after Bella), and Disney movies, and Gravity Falls.

Overall happy that Nick's shows topped in kids demos, and no SpongeBob. I am also little surprised to see Blaze and the Monster Machines finally topped K2-11 demos first time in awhile. Curious to see which top 10 telecasts of kid demos are for Mar 16-22, because Sat night primetime fell little low, but Bella did steady and let's hope Bella would top in kids demos.

I don't think they need SpongeBob as a lead-in for new Henry Danger, but if Henry Danger continues to be lower than 1.6 viewers or doesn't topped in any kids demos as it progresses in April or May, then Nick could make these changes.

11. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

rockorockorocko, I don't think Nick will issue a press release for it this time, last year Nick had a press release for KCA and winning K2-11 and total viewers that quarter. But this time Disney wins K6-11, T9-14 and total viewers for this quarter this year. Not sure about K2-11 though as press didn't mention it. I may have slight feeling that KCA may be topped in demos for K2-11, K6-11, and T9-14 for the week, unknown if it's #1 in all kid demos for the week..

12. Wi-fi Calcium

Wi-fi Calcium Active Member

Ouch for Spongebob and Harvey Beaks. I don't think Sunday night airings was the best idea. Maybe Breadwinners and Sanjay could do Sunday night some justice?

13. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Then take a look at THIS: [video=youtube;mc8lhoKF-Pg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc8lhoKF-Pg[/video]

14. Russelrules44

Russelrules44 Member

Well, They do get decent ratings for Nick. And they would spread some variety on the lineup so......Why not?

15. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Well-Known Member

Live + 3 Ratings Cable Top 25: ‘The Walking Dead’ Tops Adults 18-49 & Total Viewers for the Week Ending March 29, 2015 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com

Something interesting... TVByTheNumbers are now releasing a Top 25 Live+3 ratings and if you're wondering about the KCAs.

4.4M (4.354) was the new number. I'd say HB adjusted over 3.0M and TTM was probably around 2.5M. And IF you account the TeenNick, NickToons and TVLand simulcast and even their Live+3 ratings, I think it was likely close to 5.0M.

We gotta begin to factor that DVR & Online views are a closer indication. Maybe we will see more of these numbers. Things are just different nowadays.

16. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

My instincts tell me its Cyma Zarghami but I think you might mean the scheduling department. Do correct me if Im wrong on either counts.

17. J21697

J21697 Active Member

Zarghami, indeed.

18. Russelrules44

Russelrules44 Member

*sigh* Please, don't do anything stupid....we don't want a repeat of last time......(Oh, who am I kidding, it's going to happen is it?)

19. J21697

J21697 Active Member

I'm confused by your message?

But back with the ratings, that 4.3M is still probably down by a lot when you compare last years L+3. I know things are different for TV shows nowadays, but live TV events still manage to draw large audiences. Maybe the KCAs need a total revamp or something. Idk.

20. Russelrules44

Russelrules44 Member

I was praying that we don't have another blame game like in the first ratings discussion where everyone was blaming Cyma Zarghami. (That was 4 years ago btw.)
    But your right. Maybe the KCAs need a revamping or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.