1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Nickelodeon Ratings Discussion, part 4

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Jacob, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J21697

J21697 Active Member

UPDATE: Suddenlink customers lose MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Centr - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

More viewers losing access to Nick now. Ugh. This could harm Nick's ratings EVEN MORE, which at this point, isn't a good idea. Viacom should have taken into consideration the ratings of their most important network, aka where the most of the money from their TV division comes from - Nickelodeon.

It's even worse that it's happening right at the beginning of Q4.

There really isn't much to say about Nick's current ratings. They are too depressing and dull for me to even talk about, lol.

2. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

According to tvmediainsights and sonofthebronx tweet, Fresh Prince at 9/29 doesn't score well, 10PM 0.726 and 10:30PM 0.725; Full House lead-in 9:30PM scored 0.988 viewers, so Fresh Prince isn't pulling Full House viewers. That's like scoring How I Met Your Mother which is poor.

3. Danny Phantom ratings in this day!

Hey! I'd love to know what were the ratings of Danny Phantom in this day Friday October 3, 2014.

4. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

[MENTION=65131]Bedoya Daniela[/MENTION]

MOD EDIT: Welcome to Toonzone. That said, we already have a thread that talks about Nickelodeon ratings, so we don't need a separate thread for this. I have moved your post to the appropriate place.

5. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Seriously, Nick needs to stay playing doll and move Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles back to either Saturdays or Sundays. Why do such a stupid move to one of its most successful franchises to a Friday night deathslot AND to a time where it competes with Disney Channel. That's the place The Legend of Korra got screwed up.

And while you at, add some weekday reruns for TMNT for crying out loud! SpongeBob has so many airings each day, yet it's not even airing any new episodes. All of this just doesn't make sense at all. :sad:

Nick has NO ONE (not even Disney Channel) to blame but themselves for TMNT's ratings decline.

6. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Network mindsets regarding is, it's doing great in this slot but maybe we can do better and get even higher. It's greed in my opinion.

7. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Yeah, the people running these Nick networks need some therapy or something, because they have serious problems.

8. Thepowerofnone

Thepowerofnone Active Member

It also dose not help that SpongeBob has not had a new episode in months.I think the last time there was an new episode was in January or February.2013 and 2014 were silent years for SpongeBob.

9. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

The one thing I noticed is that any current Nicktoon that doesn't have a weekday slot have a weekday slot on Nicktoons (TMNT, SjC, and Breadwinners).

10. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

You're wrong. SpongeBob recent new episode was pre-KCA 2014 half episode. Then afterwards there hasn't been new episode since.

And Sunday encore movies morning in Disney seemed to be higher than Sat evening, on same day that Nickelodeon airing encores of recent new episodes in new live action which most kids turn away to watch a movie instead. Nick's Sat evening block for past weeks still hasn't improved, maybe they should pull the premieres and replace it with Nick encore movies until they can figure out what to do...

11. Thepowerofnone

Thepowerofnone Active Member

Even with that,there has not been that much for SpongeBob this year.I also hate the KCA because films like Grown ups 2 would win an award even though they get Razzie garbage the next night.I am not a huge fan of Nickeldoen nowdays because their cartoons like Breadwinners and Sanjay and Craig and their sitcoms like The Thundermans are stupid and make no sense.

12. acquah

acquah Member

this

13. NickDisneyCartoo

14. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Based on tvbythenumbers, Disney's movie premiere film Wreck It Ralph scored 3.853 Fri 7:10PM and the Sat morning encore 10:10AM scored 3.822, very similar rating and crushed Nickelodeon animation premieres. Disney's Monstober month are really building up more viewers, even pulling mid 2 mil viewers. Disney's Star Wars Rebels Spark after movie premiere on Fri 9PM scored 2.7 viewers.

The tragedy of ratings continues:
    week of Sept 29-Oct 5
    total viewers for average ESPN is still #1 but increasing from 1.2 to 1.4 week before. Disney is now in second place 1.278 (increase from 1.128 week before) based on Monstober themed premieres. Adult Swim is 1.163 (increasing little from 1.151 week before).

Now Nick is dropping #4 place 1.147 (a little decrease or flat). This may possibly be due to Suddenlink dropping Viacom channels but probably may not have affected Nick ratings. Nick will have one hour crossover Halloween special, wonder if the ratings will increase or will it still be the same as overall Sat premieres..

NAN total viewers is 713 (increase from 679) which has Fresh Prince on schedule. Despite overall Nick network decline, Fresh Prince ratings may have done decent in primetime. So it'll be keeper.

UPDATE: more Sat 10/4 ratings based on tvmediainsights:
    12PM Power Rangers - 1.525
    7:30PM Haunted Hathaways - 1.409
    8:00PM Henry Danger - 1.785
    8:30PM Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn - 1.793 (series high!)
    9:00PM Thundermans - 1.834

Three live action series HD, NRDD, TTM are slowly increasing from week before and has nothing to do with Suddenlink dropping Viacom channels. BTW these three series maintained almost steady 1.8 viewers from 1.5 viewers week before. And yet it's still under 2 mil viewers. There's an increase trend from 7:30PM and at least 9:00PM, instead of decrease trend. Haunted Hathaways on the other hand weren't doing well and aren't shown in weekdays schedule, while three shows shown on weekdays schedule so that's something. These past few weekends were hard for some viewers to watch new shows, but as those new shows stay in schedule, it will bound up to get more viewers in future at least 2 mil viewers. IMO THH won't be renewed to season 3, while TTM may renew to season 3, and two new shows will renew season 2.

#635 kanc, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  15. NickDisneyCartoo

That's good for HD, NRDD, and TTM. THH :(

UGH, could Nick PLEASE put Haunted Hathaways at 9:30PM instead of that crappy and worthless AwesomenessTV. I'm REALLY scared THH won't get a Season 3. The 7:30PM slot is not cutting it.

16. J21697

J21697 Active Member

I'm glad the premieres are up but let's be honest, those are still horrible premiere ratings, especially compared to Disney which had premieres range from 2.0M - 2.6M last weekends. The HH/THH special will probably score 1.8M at best. I'm also surprised at the flip flopping for the flagship position between HD, the most promoted show on the block, and TTM, the show that doesn't even get individual promo.

Like I said before, Nick has three upcoming live action programs. If these numbers don't improve by January, the network NEEDS to be cutthroat, and just remove all shows on Saturday night block from their schedule.

If only Sam & Cat was given another season...

17. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

Is there any ratings info for Nicktoons? Korra in particular, I wanna see how it's been doing ever since it came back.

18. Rex Kamex

Rex Kamex Member

I think Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, & Dawn should get more time- it started in September, and I think Nick should currently have as few one-season live action shows as possible. If shows like The Haunted Hathaways, Every Witch Way, and The Thundermans only had one season, they'd all be added on the list of live action Nick shows within the last few years that couldn't make it past one season. That'd make Nick continue to look bad, live-action wise.

Henry Danger
    , I think, should have more time too. It started as a series in September. If Henry Danger was taken off the schedule... Schneider-wise, that'd be Victorious getting cancelled unexpectedly and without preparation from Schneider, Sam & Cat having behind-the-scenes trouble that got it cancelled before finishing one (really extended) season, and then Henry Danger not making it on the Saturday night schedule after four months. Nick's live action would really look bad if even Schneider's shows don't last a while (well, I think Victorious did last a good while, but it still ended without a prepared finale).

I don't think The Haunted Hathaways will get a third season, due to both its ratings and there being more live action shows already announced. If it still has a chance, The Haunted Thundermans is it. The Thundermans, I suppose, has a better chance at getting a third season, but with a new superhero-themed show here and new live action shows coming, Nick might just settle for the Schneider superhero sitcom to give kids the superhero comedy.

I don't know what's true, what's just rumor, and what things that people in the know have kept from others about the behind-the-scenes, but things were so problematic behind-the-scenes with the show that they ultimately didn't even film all the episodes they were planning. Plus, I'm not sure in general how much longer Nick could rely on Jennette and Ariana to save them, live action-wise. I think it's good that Nick has been looking for new potential big Nick stars. The thing is they don't currently have any that are really huge.

19. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

More on ratings:

ATV 10/4 9:30PM - 1.270 mil viewers in 0.1 A18-49.

Also, speaking of ratings: 10/08/14: Hasbro takes newest Transformers series to Cartoon Net.Cynopsis Media
    this gets even worse for Nick, on week of Sept 29-Oct 5:
    Disney marked as #1 in all demos even kids and tweens. That's not even worst news, but here it is. For the first time in awhile since early 2012 or late fall 2011 Nick is now #3 in K6-11 behind Cartoon now #2 (Nick and Cartoon were in small margin of tryin to get to #2) and same thing as tweens also which were usually like that (only when Cartoon and Nick tryin to get to #2 in small margin since early in summer or before) but for first time there is a little bigger margin for Cartoon and Nick in tween demo.

Sept 29-Oct 5 Total Programming Day
    K2-11
    DSNY 666
    NICK 590
    TOON 416

K6-11
    DSNY 458
    TOON 303
    NICK 296

T9-14
    DSNY 411
    TOON 235
    NICK 209

None of any Nickelodeon premieres/or programming topped in any demos. The lowest for K2-11 is 1265 and lowest for K6-11 is 966. These are filled mostly Disney Monstober premieres/movies and Cartoon premieres topped in those demos since early September. That week Nick had premieres which aren't Halloween related, so this Sat. there's Haunted Thundermans one hour crossover coming, so my thought would be it might score 2.2 mil viewers and maybe can top in K2-11 and K6-11 but not as a #1 in demos. I remember one time in Halloween last year there were Sam and Cat and Haunted Hathaways premieres, with those it topped in K6-11 for Halloween themed. Maybe there will be hope for Haunted Thundermans, if those doesn't top in any demos it can still become more trouble for Nickelodeon network.

With these live action encores, it did decent showing 1 mil viewers which same thing applies as last year. Last Sat ratings, it's funny how iCarly and Sam and Cat encore ratings scored decent little mid 1 mil viewers and topped in cable 100 while Nickelodeon live action premieres had 1.7 viewers and doesn't topped in cable top 100 which there are very low adult demos. Only thing bothers me is that SpongeBob usually had 0.5 on adult rating but little under 2 mil viewers or low 2 mil viewers. And problem was when most viewers who used to like SpongeBob since last year also liked the live actions but were tuned out from watching any Nickelodeon. So this can probably affect most Nick premieres.

Thurs 10/2 8PM Instant Mom - 1.118
    8:30PM See Dad Run - 0.759 (series low..? I believe, an almost big drop from IM)
    These Thurs night premieres first time logo shown as Nick at Nite, but in spring premieres on Thurs logo shown as Nick. These promos never always says on Nick/ or Nick at Nite. And same thing for Nick movies on primetime or holidays at 7PM or 8PM.

#640 kanc, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.