Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Bryan, Jan 16, 2013.
I've noticed that too.
Anyone else notice the vast increase of Sanjay And Craig promos. I've seen like three different promos since Friday. Hopefully this leads to a push for the show in the Fall. The show has potential to be a huge money maker and draw for Nick if marketed right
- Fantastic that SBSP is back over 3 million. For SBSP in the Fall, I expect ratings to get back up to 3 million regularly and that WILL help the other shows in return. As much as SBSP can be criticized, it gives the network such a boost.
- That was a huge drop for Rabbids, but we'll see how it does in its fourth and final scheduled episode in September. It held steady from the first to second episode though. By the fourth episode we can gauge how successful it "can" be, although I'm curious on how the lead in did this past Saturday. Then again, if it premiered with other shows it would be given a huge boost. It's been on it's own so far.
- SaC and THH numbers Saturday night don't mean much since they are repeats. Both shows are strong rerun performers as SaC showed Monday night. They'll be fine, but it IS interesting that Nick's shows seem to be doing better weekdays than weekends I'd assume once the school year goes back into full motion and Nick's Fall schedule begins - all shows will benefit. Really hoping both can pick up steam. Saturday night Summer premieres are hard for Nick, which is why Nick rarely premieres live action in the summer before. It was a gamble for Nick to start both shows before the fall, but hopefully establishing them will help in the Fall when Nick can expect a spike in viewership. BTW, SaC scored a 1.7 and THH scored a 1.5 Saturday night... I'm actually encouraged the drop off isn't too bad. THH hasn't been studly, but it's not that much of a pushover IMO.
- I'm surprised that Paw Patrol scored a 2.1 at 12 p.m. 12-2 p.m. are typically NickJr. death slots, so Nick may have a new hit to add to the preschool lineup. It's no where near Disney Jr., but it seems it's still fairly competitive.
- I'm glad that SJC previews are back up and going. I was worrying the show losing rerun slots, but as Nick Fan 2.0 said, this show has a SO much potential.
Thursday Cable Ratings: ‘Pawn Stars’ Tops Night + Pre-Season Football, ‘Burn Notice’, ‘Ridiculousness’, ‘Sullivan & Son’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers SpongeBob continues to do extremely well on weekdays to school returning. The numbers should increase further in September when school starts for all the schools. Luckily SpongeBob's airings are being reduced so the overexposure of the past few weeks won't affect the ratings. Hopefully, this will boost the rest of the weekday lineup so that other shows such as SjC & Korra can get a chance to shine as well.
Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon ratings (August 12-18, 2013)
Any prediction on Swindle tonight?
Worst case: 3.5M & under
Best case: 4.0M+
Likely case: 4.8M (I'm being optimistic)
That sounds a bit too optimistic. While I've seen promos for Swindle in almost every single commercial break I've seen on the network, you have to remember that Disney Channel will be airing The Game Plan a half-hour earlier, along with some music video on The Little Mermaid; something Nicky Deuce suffered. And I'd also like to remind people of 2009 with the movie Spectacular! This movie was highly promoted with ads everywhere on the channel and the website, was cashing in on the Hannah Montana/High School Musical craze at its inception, starred Victoria Justice, and lead-in by new episodes of Spongebob, True Jackson, and iCarly, and yet...it only got 3.7 million total viewers. And you want to know what it was competing against? Disney Channel's premiere of Dadnapped which got 4.6 million total viewers, and lead-in by new episodes of Wizards and Hannah Montana. And now, keep in mind that Swindle will be premiering on its own, with its lead-in being a Sam & Cat rerun...I'm not saying Swindle will fail, but if it gets over 4 million, I'll be shocked.
I think Nicky suffered poor promotion from the start. It wasn't really promoted until it's premiere week, and received no online buzz, something Swindle has been getting.
I may be a bit optimistic, but I am honestly expecting over 4 million viewers. It's been promoted for a good month, and it's not like the stars are unknown.
I do remember Spectacular (I ended up watching Dadnapped because it looked far more interesting)
Jeannette's last movie with Nick received over 5 million in 2011, but that was months before the network crashed.
Like Nickandmore said, it's kind of hard to predict how programs will do, these days.
But if Hathaways can scored 3.3M with two weeks of promotion, I can see Swindle doubling that with 4 weeks. Again, Hathaways had new, and unrecognizable talent, while this movie is filled with familiar faces. Plus, no doubt that Ariana's huge career will help the movie. I'll change my final prediction to 4.3M. Maybe some iCarly fans and BTR fans will tune in for Ciara and Noah? Again, who knows what'll happen.
I just hope Nick orders an early release...
Nick's live action is super unpredictable, although it's been solid lately with SaC/THH. Not the highest ratings - but steady. With that said, I'm gonna say:
Worst Case: 3.1
Best Case: 4.1
Likely Rating: 3.6
I definitely see why it has potential to score over 4 million with the "all-star" cast, the month of legit promotion and the big movie feel. But as Mr. Pine said, Disney is airing a movie opposite Swindle a half-hour early and Nick hasn't had the best ratings with it's original movies with Spectacular, Rags and Nick Deuce. And on top of that, no lead in premieres from SBSP or any other show. Nick should have aired a SBSP premiere to counter The Game Plan IMO, but perhaps they believe strongly in Swindle and can't afford to premiere any SBSP yet.
I know my predictions range skew on the lower side, but I can't see it doing any better than Spectacular or Rags.
I don't know guys I'm thinking 4+ million is way out of the picture for this movie. It just doesn't give off an "event movie" feel to me, despite its excellent promotion. I think anything around 3 million is a win.
Responses so far on the Swindle movie have been generally positive on Twitter and FB. That may be all we have to go by until ratings go out. Seems like a Nick original movie done right.
Disney's Friday nights are becoming more vulnerable each week
Nickelodeon's preschool programming has been doing really good these past few weeks. Paw Patrol is giving Sofia a run for her money.
Well, Thefutoncritic posted the numbers for that Friday
Ratings - Friday's Cable Ratings: Disney Originals, "Gold Rush: South America" Top Charts | TheFutonCritic.com
Everything seems pretty normal for Disney. I find it funny that more adults watch their preschool shows than Disney's primetime shows. Still those were great numbers for Paw Patrol. I can see Nick rockin' that 2-11 demo.
VMA's dominated the night
A Swindle repeat scored 2.8M.
A Spongebob repeat scored 3.4M
That 2.8M repeat of Swindle is fantastic! I wonder how the actual movie did during its premiere.
I'm surprised Nick hasn't ordered an early release. Could it be a sign that it didn't do well? I guess we'll have to wait a few more minutes for the weekly ratings to come out.
Nick wins the week in viewers
There's the SBSP numbers we know and love. We won't know Saturday, but at least 12 SBSP last week scored over 3 million. Looks like kids being back in school have helped Nick's ratings. I hope this continues.
Although the total viewers isn't too important, Nick outscored Disney by a large margin (2.0 vs 1.8). You'd hope this will translate in some of the demos as well.
In any case, we all know when SBSP does well, every other show benefits. And with Nick's ambitious Fall scheduling coming, a SBSP boost is as important as ever.
Swindle scored 4.191 million viewers,
Comparing Nick's total day viewers for this week (NICK 1987 vs DSNY 1757) to the same time last year (NICK 1630 vs DSNY 1805), there's a big improvement.
Decent week overall for Nick. Hopefully they did OK in the kid demos as well.
My final prediction was 4.3M, so I came close.
I thought it might have seen 4.2 coming. Great job Nick. The kids demos are even more impressive, 2 Milllion (10.0) in Kids 6-11 is hard to come by.
Over 4 million. That's amazing! Of course it isn't that shocking considering the promotion, but it does show that Nick can make successful original movies, they just need promotion and quality to get success. Either way, I see a sequel in the future, and with all the promos for the Fall, SJC, LoK, RI, etc. seem to have a bright future.
BTW: Woot, 1,000th post baby!