Nick Talkback- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Slash and Destroy" [11/29]

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by trance2009, Nov 30, 2013.

1. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

A new episode airs today @ 11/10c.

[​IMG]

Plot: After Raphael confiscates Donatello's mutagen after griping about his brothers crowding him, he accidentally exposes his pet turtle Spike to it.

2. trance2009

Jesus, Mikey got the crap kicked out of him.

3. CyberCubed

CyberCubed New Member

surprised how violent this one was, the turtles without their bandanas on was a nice touch. Slash was amazing in this version, and I love the fact that Raph feels bad as it was Spike who he cared for. The tea time scenes with Leo and the little girl were funny too.

I'm really surprised at this one, might be my favorite episode yet.

4. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

Even if Slash had succeed in killing off the Turtles, how could he still expect Raph to be OK with it and still be partners? But then again warped minds tend to not think with logic.

It was nice to hear Corey Feldman as Slash, I always liked his Donatello.

I will miss Spike though.

5. Darkwing 626

Darkwing 626 New Member

Every time I try and type about this ep I fanboy out

Every time I try and talk about how good it was I get sidetracked by something even better, so I'll settle on this

That adorable little girl, the one that tried to drink what she thought was the inside of a lava lamp, she'll be dead soon, she's a future Darwin award winner if I ever saw one

6. StellaMagic

StellaMagic New Member

I am just glad Raph learned to accept his brothers despite their flaws. After all, they learn to accept his biggest flaw: his temper.

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Me too, it's sad and a little scary that an adorable little turtle who's the beloved pet of a mutant ninja turtle, turns into a powerful evil pyschopath.
    Neat episode though. It was cool seeing some of them without their masks, and Leo at the tea party was funny.

8. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Great episode, Slash is awesome, I loved that we saw some of the turtles without their masks, that is kind of cool. I love the tea party scene, I love the little girl, she is adorable, I hope that is not the last we see of her.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  9. Vaporleaf

Vaporleaf New Member

Boy did I call this ep. Except, why the name Slash and not Tokka?

10. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

You know with the mutagon storyline, if they wanted to, they could make the little girl the Nina Tucker of the show. Yeah I know a Nickelodeon show, besides who wants to see that, that is terrible.

11. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator

Kind of light on plot in this one but a cool intro for Slash...well sorta since he's been Spike since episode 1. Still he has a cool look and made an impression quick. Corey Feldman did alright for himself, there weren't too many times where I could hear Donatello in his voice. Donny and Mikey really took a pounding in this one, the boards looked pretty brutal but the finished product really hit out of the park. I see Slash learned his moves not unlike SPlinter in the comics, movies, and 2k3 show. I suppose if Splinter can't use it here they might as well use it for someone else.

Leo had a somewhat "off" night. He couldn't really get anything right but his tea time with that girl was funny and cute. I wonder how she'll explain that to her dad? I suppose he might actually buy giant turtles considering the damage :D

12. langden alger

langden alger New Member

They're basing him off the cool action figure/ 80's TMNT toon character Slash-also know as the 'evil turtle from Dimension X'....which I believe was based on early concept sketches for the fourth live action movie that never happened....I'm guessing that Xever/Fishface will end up becoming the Tokka of this series.....and maybe even eventualy Bebop ;) lol....

13. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Well if Bebop and Rocksteady are not Bradford and Xavier, I have other ideas of who they can be.

1) A couple of dumb thugs from the Dragons, remember them, we haven't seen them in a while

2) A couple of dumb bullies from the high school, maybe have a run in with Casey in their debut episode, dumb bullies like those two dumb bullies from Power Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  14. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Bulk and Skull.

This was a pretty good episode, if a little light on plot. Slash being voiced by Corey Feldman was a nice in-joke to the franchise, since Corey Feldman voiced Donatello in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies 1 and 3. Having Spike mutate into Slash was unexpected, and I didn't expect him to be restored at the end of the episode, but it's kind of sad how Raphael's gentle, loyal pet is lost forever and now he and his brothers now have to fight him.

The bit with Leo and the little made for a cute comic relief moment. My only nitpick is that the girl seemed to live with just her dad. Does anyone have a mother on this show?

15. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

Silly Goldstar; mothers don't exist in cartoons anymore. ;)

Anyway, that was a great episode. I loved Slash's voice in this, and how intense they made the idea of him breaking the brothers down truly is.

16. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Shine Like Rainbows

Absolutely FANTASTIC episode. Did not disappoint one bit. Slash was freaking PSYCHOTIC and I loved every minute of it.

I loved just how big of a threat he was. Not only could the Turtles only barely come close to tiring him out, but he destroyed each of them in a matter of seconds. Plus, the whole thing of him being Spike made Raph hesitate and try to reason with him in a situation where he just wasn't getting anywhere. Slash truly had complete control of the fight until Raph lured him with his rage. THIS is the animated Slash that I've always dreamed of after seeing his awesome old action figure and being disappointed by his weak appearance in the original toon, so I very much look forward to seeing more of our spiky friend in the future.

To sum it up, it gave Raph some good development while introducing an awesome new version of a classic character with plenty of action and drama thrown in. This is why I love this series. :D

Nope. Slash's character was conceived before even the second movie hit theaters. 1990 saw the release of both his toy and original cartoon debut. He also appeared a year later in the Adventures comic to great effect.

17. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Korra from Legend Of Korra might one of the rare character with a mother. Between this and Littlest Pet Shop, mother are an endangered species.

18. CyberCubed

CyberCubed New Member

Tokka probably won't be in this show, he's just too similar to Slash. The only difference was Tokka is a snapping turtle and had spikes coming out of the back of his shell.

19. trance2009

Haha, in animation mothers are either doting or off in the background because honestly, dads make for better comedy and drama and it isn't viewed as bad when the kid defies them. Like the mom would be heartbroken if the brat talked to her like they do Pops.

20. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Respectfully, I have to disagree. There are no uninteresting characters, only characters that the writers and directors choose not to make interesting. Anyone who thinks that moms don't make good action heroes should re-watch The Incredibles or The Secret Saturdays, and anyone who thinks that moms don't make for good comedy should watch Nicole on The Amazing World of Gumball.

Sorry to go off topic, but I felt that needed to be said. :sweat: