1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Nick/Nicktoons Technical Difficulties

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Nodog, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Nodog

Nodog Particle Man

I haven't seen any weird stuff happen, but maybe you have. If so, post them here.
    One common glitch is that there is no vocal tracking for the episodes, such as SpongeBob below:

It also happened to Fairy OddParents:

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

In 2009 I remembered watching The Penguins of Madagascar with the splat nick logo in October.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I remember sometime in either 2003 or 2004, they were showing a rerun of My Life as a Teenage Robot (See No Evil/The Great Unwashed), and in the first segment when a guy was selling eye drops and hot sauce, it just cut to commercial, and they played the commercials for the rest of the half hour.

4. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

This happened a year ago on Nicktoons

5. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I think I know why there's no vocal range for SpongeBob and some early 2005 episodes of Fairly OddParents. I know that season 1 to season 3 episodes SpongeBob has no sound at all. Maybe you pressed SPANish dub on remote control that you thought it would convert to Spanish, but it didn't really. But this was taken before 2013. As of now, it has updated and now all except very few episodes of SpongeBob which uses vocals/background music/motions but in higher volume. When I pressed SPAN button on remote control there were no vocals for SpongeBob: Sanctuary/What's Eating Patrick. But every other Nicktoons like TMNT, Breadwinners (few early episodes in 2014 had no instrumentals nor motions sound background, only the voice which lasted until late summer 2014), Sanjay and Craig, PGBC, and the rest of other Nickelodeon still uses vocals and instrumentals but in higher volume. Most iCarly episodes have woman voiceover that tells what each character is doing when no character is talking. All Full House and George Lopez, and Hangin' With Mr. Cooper episodes on Nick at Nite has no sound at all. Most promos before summer 2015 and season 2 Talia in the Kitchen promos/bumpers doesn't use any sound at all. Season 1 to end of season 3 Drake and Josh episodes, Fred 3: Fred Goes to Camp, season 1 TUFF Puppy episodes aired on Nickelodeon uses no vocal range but background music/motions.

6. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

In 2010, Nickelodeon ES+PT got to air the start of an episode of The Mighty B! in Spanish. Then they went to the sub-feed to air an SBSP episode (I assume that it was "Club Spongebob") and returned to the show in the correct audio track.

In 2011, a similar thing happened with George of the Jungle, in which another episode was playing in Spanish - and not corresponding with the video.

7. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Dish Network didn't shut down Nick GAS and replace it with The N in 2007. It was fixed on April 23, 2009.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I think they did that intentionally.

9. Lazer Eli

Lazer Eli ey b0ss

There was this one time during the El Tigre credits (during the Nicktoons Network era) where it just froze for 15 seconds and played a part of a KaBlam! episode with the old Nicktoons TV screen bug from 2003. It happened to other people as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RandomMe

Sometimes Nickelodeon PT opts out early from the raw feed (Spanish feed), and very rarely, usually one break only, we get to see the full break from Spain. This happened a couple of days back in the early evening hours.

11. Nodog

Nodog Particle Man

Apparently, some people got the same, only except instead of KaBlam! it was CatDog and the episode "Winslow's Home Videos".

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

I once saw a promo that said SpongeBob was next, but the Scooby Doo movie played instead.

13. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

When I watched Rugrats - Home Movies episode, I think there may be little audio glitch during the 2000s broadcast and digital video/DVD in the beginning

14. RandomMe

When Nickelodeon Iberia switched to 16:9 in 2012, some shows aired in English. Ironically, the Portuguese sub-feed has no English audio track, which I assume is due to technical limitations.

15. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

No technical difficulties, but when I press SAP button for Nick at Nite's Hugo movie, that movie automatically translated to Spanish. But normally throughout rest of movies or live actions or any Nickelodeon programming it's still in English mode but volume's little louder.

16. sasq

sasq Active Member

wait what

17. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

What are you trying to say? I'm confused that you're not being clear.

18. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

after the first commercial break and into the The Other Kingdom (act II), Nickelodeon immediately displays ending credit captions during the program, instead of placing in the last act for a reason

19. NewYorkEagle

NewYorkEagle Member

The one with Fairy Oddparents reminds me of that episode where Timmy wishes the world had no sound, so he could finish his Lego Eiffel Tower.

20. RandomMe

Here in Portugal, this happened too, as there were some episodes of As Told by Ginger that had the vocal tracks left undubbed.