1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Nick has Lots of Unaired Episodes

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by kanc, Nov 1, 2014.

1. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Nickelodeon: King of Unaired Episodes | NICKandMORE

Based on nickandmore post blog, Nick has 95.5 half hours of unaired episodes for over a decade.

Personally I didn't think it was important that some episodes leave it unaired for little bit, but with a LOT of episodes, that comes a shock! I recall that some other networks like ABC or others have some few episodes unaired. For example CBS sitcom, Meego (I don't think many people are familiar with it and neither have I). I looked up in Wikipedia and they have 13 episodes, but 6 have aired while rest of 7 episodes were unaired It's a one season wonder failure.

I never thought Nickelodeon would go too far to leave it unaired even for recent popular animated series, Kung Fu Panda.

Still I think it's a real shocker that there are way so many episodes that have been holding out for many years, even a decade.

UPDATE: It's actually 95.5 half hours; NOT 96.5, Chalkzone already aired all episodes (before that it forgot to update 1 has not aired, later on already updated all episodes aired).

#1 kanc, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  2. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

Didn't Making Fiends have another 7 episodes produced?

3. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

No, there were only 6.

4. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

This...is kinda incredible.

5. Pac-Attack

From what I remember 13 episodes were ordered, and the show began production in 2007 so I'm pretty sure there was another 7 episodes since that was a long time before the show actually premiered. I believe this was confirmed by Amy Winfrey.

6. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Well that's an issue Nick has had for a long time. They order a bunch of episodes, but when either the show is about to be replaced with a brand new shiny thing, or loses ratings, the episodes are forever in limbo, until it airs in other countries or on one of their digital networks. I'm still waiting for those Penguins of Madagascar episodes.

7. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

Jesus, Nick just doesn't care at all. I haven't even heard of a lot of these newer shows on the channel, I guess no one else did either or they would probably have aired them. They could easily cut Spongebob down by a few hours and burn off all these more recent shows in a few weeks

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Nick is in ratings downfall right now. It may take most of the time for Nick to finally air those episodes, tryin to find right time. It may be too late to bring former viewers to tune in even if it's finally placed on schedule for burnoff.. The better way to be done is to go digital, or any online. For example, I used to watch As Told by Ginger back in spring 2004 which was Teenick block Sunday evenings airing season 3. I was little upset that those new episodes were pulled and looked up online but creators of ATBG have no idea when rest episodes will be on air as it already aired in other countries. The rest of episodes burnoff I watched are online before it even aired on TV.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

I also believe that All That had 2 episodes left unaired as well that aired in other countries.

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man that's crazy, even Cartoon Network and Disney have the decency to at least air all the episodes of the shows they cancel. Airing the remaining episodes weekly or on bad timeslots is better than never airing them at all.

11. acquah

acquah Member

My... god...

The executives at Nickelodeon definitely need to have better management in their shows.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

I believe Cartoon Network has two originals that hasn't finish their episodes. Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi has 5 half hours unaired and The Life & Times of Juniper Lee has 2 half hours unaired (though both episodes did at least aired online back in 2007, so I guess HHPAY is really the only CN original with its episodes unaired). Then there's the acquisitions like League of Super Evil and Sidekick, but I guess that's a different story. Other than that, CN (and Disney) is fine.

And 96 half-hours! Dang, that's terrible. Nick's just wasting valuable money from creators who worked really hard on their shows. What ticks me off is that Nick ordered more episodes for each show, yet it doesn't even air all of them or it ships them to either Nicktoons, TeenNick or online, which is pointless. That's not how business work. T.U.F.F. Puppy really had the potential to last longer on Nick since it had better writing than The Fairly OddParents (at least, IMO) and was ranked as the #2 Nicktoon back in 2011...then Nick screwed it over by airing more SpongeBob SquarePants reruns and eventually moving the show to Nicktoons, and said network won't even air the last 7 episodes already. Heck, I could say the same to The Penguins of Madagascar, Rocket Monkeys, Back at the Barnyard and Robot and Monster. Those shows has gotten great ratings on Nick, then got screwed by the sponge and then got moved to a channel where not everyone receives and said channel would wait awhile to finish the remaining episodes.

We get it, Nick: you love SpongeBob. But putting all your eggs in one basket isn't the answer. A variety would be nice. What happened to the good old Nick we know and love? The Nick that had about 20-25 shows on the schedule and treated every show the same? Replacing a bunch of creator driven shows with only one show is just foolish. Just ask The Hub.

Hopefully, Sanjay and Craig, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Breadwinners and the like will change that. No reason those shows can't air their remaining episodes (especially the former two since they're starting to gain popularity). SpongeBob can still stay since it still puts butts into seats, but again Nick can't keep putting all its eggs in one basket.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I did a little headcount, deciding to count all the episodes that have been released in the US in some way, shape, or form, digitally or physically. That's a total of 82.5 half hours that have not been released in any way, shape or form.

Still, that is a lot. I'm wondering what's keeping all this from even getting a digital release. I mean, Korra's getting one just fine and Cartoon Network resorted to this with Generator Rex and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome.

FYI: With these numbers, as CartoonRuler pointed out, HHPAY has 5 unaired episodes for CN. According to Bryan's Ask.FM, Disney just has two episodes of PrankStars, pulled due to Mitchell Musso's DUI arrest (I think they aired in the UK though). Even their bombs like Tron Uprising and Motorcity were burned off at midnight (with promotion) and a digital release alongside it.

So basically, the other two have unaired episodes that can be counted on one hand and likely involved legal reasoning (I think HHPAY's episodes were unaired due to something involving the real band - I do remember hearing at least one unaired Powerpuff Girls episode, but I'm starting to think that's just a rumor).

However, if we're combining stuff that was released digitally but didn't air: Cartoon Network also has two episodes of Generator Rex and eight episodes of SMFA (4 half hours total for SMFA). 5 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 13. I honestly don't think Disney has anything outside those two PrankStars episodes. Still, that's nothing compared to Nickelodeon. I mean, this is original stuff they're not airing. We're not going to count acquired stuff, but the cable networks seem to pimp their original stuff more often, and then things like this happen.

14. Pac-Attack

It isn't a rumor, the episode "See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey" never aired but was released on the complete series DVD and I think is available digitally. I never seen that episode but from what I heard, it was never aired due to references to communism.

15. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

No one knows why "See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey" didn't air. I've heard conflicting reports.

16. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Think of the potential they could have airing marathons of these. They could have fresh premieres of shows that ended years ago. Instead of a bunch of SpongeBob marathons, they could be filling their schedule with special rarities.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. DonkeyKongSong

So going by TV, that brings CN's total to 14.

Well, not exactly. Many of these shows are low rated, but I'd just like to see them released in some way: digitally, physically, or on a digital net or in a bad timeslot. Of course, some of the series are too old to air on the main network, but since Kung Fu Panda and Robot and Monster are being stripped on Nicktoons (the former is airing many times a day), why not just take the opportunity now?

Although, on the subject of their releases: I actually found out that one episode of Zoey 101, "PCA Confidential", has actually never gotten a digital release. The odd thing? It's aired many times on TV and it's still in the normal rotation on TeenNick. It's just a little odd, because it's more common for a show to have unaired episodes that get released digitally, not the other way around. It is just a clip show anyway, though.

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not too surprised by this. Nickelodeon has had this problem for a long time with dropping a show and not airing its remaining episodes for various reasons. It's even worse with their third-party shows, but doing this with their own shows is pretty bad. I still remember being upset when they took off As Told By Ginger and then burned off the remaining episodes on Nicktoons. It took me a long time to just even watch the series finale because of that. I'm also still wondering if they'll ever air the rest of their Dreamworks series. I'm sure that it's even worse for the creative staff involved with these shows.

If they don't want to put these episodes on the air, the least they could do would be to provide a digital release for them, or at least the ones that could draw in the most appeal. They could be put up their website or iTunes. It just seems like a poor business choice to be sitting on hours of content that they've already paid for and not try to get any money out of them.

19. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

New episodes of kung fu panda have been aired on Nick lastly every sunday mid june after new TMNT. All encores are seen on nicktoons.

I may have bad feeling that most recent live action and animation encores can be mostly seen on nicktoons or teenick. Sure there are bunch of spongebobs that dont even score well, it needs to be reduced.

20. DonkeyKongSong

I don't have a problem with them burning off episodes on Nicktoons or TeenNick. It's just... why wait so long when the show airs on the network constantly? I mean, I'm not a fan of some of these (notably Fanboy and Chum Chum) but the show was stripped on Nicktoons after it ended its Nick run. Why not just air it then?