1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] R.I.P. Kids WB 1995-2008, Kids'WB.com Emerges April 2008

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Burgundy Ranger, Oct 2, 2007.

1. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

They also have The Zeta Project and Batman:TAS. :sweat:

2. judyindisguise

judyindisguise Active Member

Well, maybe it isn't, and that's why it hasn't caught on. And I don't see why it being made in Japan, instead of in Canada, would make any difference. The writing on the show is horrendous, which an anime sensibility wouldn't improve. Pity. It could be a great show...

3. Zen Man

Zen Man Active Member

Just checked out the new KidsWB website-really cool revamp. Its great seeing the Looney Tunes and classic Hanna Barbera characters on there. They even have a neat food fighting game on there as well.

4. stargirl

stargirl Active Member

Oh, the Food Fight game. Yeah, that was fun!

I saw the entire site last night and played a couple of games; overall, it was pretty AWESOME! (Just please change the site name, WB, so I can tell other peers at my school about it! ;))

5. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Why does the background look like the body of Hector in Ozzy and Drix?

I can't wait for the Wizard Of Oz/Plastic Man shows to premiere.

I'm guessing that shows like Taz Mania, Histeria!, Johnny Quest (and the Real Adventures) and Johnny Test, etc. will probably come at a later date.

I'm hoping they can make the Vitural World exciting with ALL Warner Bros. owned characters that's for kids.

6. collector_cliff

collector_cliff Noob Saibot

Just got this e-mail this weekend from The WB!, not sure if it was because I signed up for the newsletter or because of Facebook (since I did both):

7. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I was just thinking...what kind of "look" do you think the block will have when it becomes CW4Kids? Will it keep the "WB" look (doubtful)? Have a similar look to 4Kids TV? A strange amalgamation of the two? Something completely different? Will we have the usual announcers (Jim Cummings, Joshua Seth, etc.) or switch over to 4Kids actors? What kind of promos could we expect? What do you guys think?

8. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Not sure what'll happen to the bumps, but I think the Kids' WB announcers will stay. Despite the block being renamed, it seems that Warner still has a good amount of control over it (hence why zap2it shows the same schedule on May 24th). I'm still surprised that 4Kids hasn't made any mention of this, either on their corporate website or 4kids.tv.

So, only three days left until the great Kids' WB disappears...from the airwaves at least. I think I'll probably get up at seven and watch the entire block, just for old time's sake.

9. stargirl

stargirl Active Member

ONLY THREE DAYS??!! Seriously, where does the time go???

10. TheVofSteel

TheVofSteel Active Member

Wait, it's happening a week early? Wow, Kids' WB gone already.

11. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Uh, well, CW4Kids starts on May 24th...so yeah, this week is the final Kids' WB! broadcast.

12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now that it's so close, I kind of feel bad for the block myself. I haven't watched it since they took off Pokemon, but I feel bad in a nostalgic sense because of all of the enjoyment I got out of watching their weekday and Saturday morning blocks. I don't know if I'll watch the whole block this Saturday, especially since I don't want to miss a new Pokemon episode, but I'll see if I can catch at least an episode or so of that new Spiderman series just for the heck of it.

13. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Well, Kids Wb has been gone for awhile. THis is me trying to rrevive the talk. Thoughts?

14. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I'd say this thread has probably run its course already.