1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

News and Politics 2017 (General Political Discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by wonderfly, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The liberal places I frequent agree with you.

"I denounce Antifa" (paraphrasing).

Apologies for the cursing in the link title. I am unaware of how to do the neat trick wonderfly just did of putting a link behind some text. If a mod would do that for me, I'd appreciate it. It's a dialogue worth having.

MOD NOTE: FIXED.

#681 Fone Bone, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2017
  2. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I just suspect very few of the Antifa at Berkeley in 2017 have ties to the anarchists groups that were popular on the West Coast back around the 1999/2000 era. I suspect some are just anti-Trump and looking to take their anger out on someone (and if they can do it behind masks and blame it on anarchist philosophers, all the better, in their minds).

I don't have much more to say on the issue, other than it'd be good for both sides (the right wing, NOT the Nazis, and the left wing, NOT the Antifa) to look to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for guidance on protesting.

3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

MOD NOTE: Fixed it for you, as you asked.

#683 Fone Bone, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2017
  4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html

Nothing shocks me anymore. But I DO have to confess my jaw dropped a bit at this part of Felix Sater's email:

Can this get any more flagrant? Can it get any more explicit? What will is take for something to be done?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sun

sun You stay, I go

Anything is possible...Felix Sater?...Trump the Dump..he has more to say, and he will say it ...no doubt. Trump does not know when to shut up. I think we will see a lot more of his impulsive tweeting in the future. This aspect of Trump is disgusting to me. In my opinion, this tweeting is immature and not presidential. Further, Trump doesn't have a clue as to how wrong this is. But there is one thing for sure...Trump doesn't care what most people think..It is all about him..and no one else...but ....I will say this..it is a prediction...Mueller will get him. It will take time, but Mueller will get him..We will see.....that's all for now...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #687 sun, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  8. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I get just as annoyed as you do when political cartoons get posted here, but this one actually made me laugh, I have to admit. I'm concealing it with spoiler tags anyway.

9. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

The guy asking the question has no future in the party.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ToonLoon

ToonLoon Member

I can't believe the incredible gift that Hillary is giving the country on her let's-rehash-the-election-again book tour! So many conceited and delusional interviews from her, desperately looking for a scapegoat for her own mistakes. You didn't see this from previous candidates who quietly went away to help their party.

At a time when Trump is getting beat up left and right for strategic mistakes and the Democrats think they can rewrite history, here everyone gets to vividly remember why they voted for Trump and his policies over hers:

[​IMG]

Long live the queen!

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I don't like that. I'm tired of people telling Hillary when she can and cannot speak up. Bernie has been talking about the election and about the failures of the Democratic Party and we're all fine with that. I honestly think Hillary gets the crap she does for when she decides to speak up because she's a woman. I don't think Gore or Kerry would be accused of rehashing the election if they came out with a book either.

Also, Hillary refusing to offer "absolution" to someone who didn't bother to vote is the correct reaction. Why do you think it isn't?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

You are quite right. I don't think Hillary acts different from other people who lost the elections.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sun

sun You stay, I go

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT "LIFE" and "Politics" .... Why is it that as I grow older, and in theory, wiser and more experienced in life, that I find I know less and less about the world and life. (especially politics) I would think that I should know more and more, but it doesn't work out that way??? Got an answer..?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Life's like a book you read in reverse. You understand less as the pages turn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Remember Google Guy, and how posting his political manifesto company-wide got him fired? There was debate afterward about if anything he said had any merit. This is what he posted on social media today:

So yeah -- Google dodged a bullet here. Imagine if "People join the KKK because they have cool names" was his next memo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

What an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Natural disasters are a random thing, but they usually happen far enough apart that there's time to pull together resources and save everyone before the next one hits. Eventually a bunch of them were bound to bunch together, and there aren't enough charity workers, rescuers and bailout funds to save the victims of Harvey, Irma, Mexico City AND Puerto Rico at the same time. I guess a lot of people are just going to starve to death and die on the street.

This is a really depressing thought, and I'd appreciate any evidence to the contrary.

20. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I would have posted something about this sooner, but I didn't want to be accused of politicizing it. But it IS political. Climate change is only going to make this worse. This is probably the new normal for this time of year.