News about MAD

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by ventus20, Mar 7, 2014.

1. ventus20

ventus20 New Member

I've heard that mad has been cancelled someone posted it on miiverse and they said they found out on wiki. So I'm not sure if it's true or false could anyone let me know?

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Hearing it on Miiverse means nothing. There's been no announcement either way.

3. ventus20

ventus20 New Member

Oh ok then I hope it isn't true I really love that show.

4. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

I'm pretty sure that MAD is done. I remember the talk backs for MAD's 100th episode and people saying that it was the series finale, not the season finale. Cartoon Network isn't showing the reruns in prime-time or in the afternoons anymore.

5. ventus20

ventus20 New Member

Oh really?

6. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I think it's still on the Pizza Steve nights.

EDIT: Actually tonight is the last night for it. Next week, The Annoying Orange replaces it.

7. ventus20

ventus20 New Member

Oh well I hope they decide to bring it back one then.

8. epicrandomguy

epicrandomguy New Member

It is defiantly over but I don't think they should stop airing reruns. It's kind of sad.

9. DonkeyKongSong

It'll still be on Cartoon Planet from time to time.

10. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 Playing it Cool, bro!

As point out miiverse Isn't much a source for shoes, if CN were to unwed this before the creator did then you should go CN and not Miiiverse

I will sadly miss the show it was never a must see to me that much but I enjoy a few

11. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

A true tragedy indeed, they were brilliant in the show. The parodies are always something to look forward too. Though some scenes in the beginning were too sickening for my taste, but they improved as time went on. I'll miss this show, think of the possibilities they could've done with if they stayed on.

12. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Tragedy? No. More like standard business operations. I think MAD was another case like other WB produced shows such as The Looney Tunes Show and Scooby-Doo: Mystery, Inc., in which WB were only committed to produce 52 episodes of said show (in the case of MAD, there were 104 episodes in total, but each ep was only 15 minutes long, so that equals the equivalent of 52 half-hours); 52 being the magic number for many channels for a show to go into reruns and/or syndication for a year without repeats, and once WB fulfilled their commitment, they simply ceased production.

As for why CN has been pulling back on the reruns of MAD, one reason could be because so many of the show's bits were pop-culture parodies of then-current shows and movies, the show threatens to become dated in very short order (I remember they did a spoof of 1600 Penn which aired after the show was already canceled). That's always the problem with doing a lot of jokes and references relating to now; you risk looking like a poseur and you often end up dating yourself ferociously.

BTW, who specifically are the "they" who were so brilliant in the show?

13. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

That's what I was wondering. LOL

14. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

The writers of the show that's they were.

15. DonkeyKongSong

Yeah, 52 half hours is the standard for WB animation shows. To my knowledge, only Batman: The Animated Series, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Teen Titans, and The Batman have bucked this trend (depending on whether or not you count the two Justice League shows as the same)

16. Goldstar Neo

Tiny Toon Adventures, Batman: The Animated Series and Animaniacs were created to air on weekday afternoons.While B:TAS had a total of only 85 episodes (not counting The New Batman Adventures, which was technically a separate series), TTA and A! each had a total of 100 episodes, which equals to 52 weeks.

17. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Feel Happy!

Don't forget Pinky & The Brain and Taz-Mania.

18. DonkeyKongSong

Yeah, those two totaled 65. I wonder if that rule wasn't in effect then - because of the others I mentioned, only Teen Titans and The Batman came out post-Batman Beyond (along with the technical Justice League). The weekday afternoon thing might have helped.

EDIT: I also forgot Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

19. Goldstar Neo

Taz-Mania and Pinky and the Brain aired during the time when 65 episodes was the norm for a weekday afternoon series. !3 episodes was a complete season for a Saturday morning show, while 65 episodes was a season for weekday afternoons. 5 episodes per week for 13 weeks.

20. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

Didnt seem to hurt the magazine itself (which constantly reprints their older articles, including their pop-culture parodies of movies and tv shows).