1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

New TMNT Toon Direction decided (Update: Early designs revealed)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Shredder565, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Dank

Dank Member

Why do I have a feeling that 5 won because people flooded the polls with votes for it?

2. Rolling Cloud

Rolling Cloud ...too early....

Yes, this is great! #5 won and everything is right with the world.

3. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Well, its not like little kids didn't do the same for #3. :D

Anyway, I'm glad this is done. I have a feeling though each season now is going to have a new subtitle, so we may get more theme songs in the future after this one.

4. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

SHELL YES!

This is possibly the best rigged vote ever, even if it had really won. Now I don't have to be worried about the show ending on a horrible theme song, if this turns out to be the final season*. :sweat:

* - (I don't think it will be, considering they'll want to keep the show around for at least until the movie sequel comes out in March 2010, plus it's their highest rated show besides Dinosaur King, so we'll get at least one or two more seasons.)

#384 veemonjosh, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
  5. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

AH, when 4Kids does something right, they do it right. That basically fits TMNT to a tee.

Oh, and I'm glad for #5; the best song won, I'd say.

6. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I guess it's not so disappointing that #5 won, since it's one of the songs I preferred to the others, along with #1.

7. DrTooth

DrTooth Active Member

I don't know what's better. The fact that #5 won, or the fact #3 lost. Seriously, any of those themes would have fit better than that. #3 fits the turtles like a size 0 swim suit fits King Kong after a banana Binge. But rigged vote or not, I'm glad there's some justice in the universe. Now all we have to worry about is the quality of the show itself.

8. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if 4Kids will do anything with the other songs. They could make music videos out of them for the show.

9. PC!

PC! lolwut?

That's what I was thinking. No point just letting them rot in a vault (or whatever they do to store their music). Inserting songs in episodes is a common 4Kids practice, and one that they've done for TMNT on one or two occasions. I wouldn't even mind hearing #3 in an episode at one point.

10. warnerbroman

warnerbroman Active Member

like on the radio
    do the citizens know they exist?

11. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Only the homeless citizens (well, then again, only one of them actually knows they're not guys in turtle costumes). :p

12. Terror of Death

Terror of Death Active Member

This is madness!!! I had an almost flawless plan until someone at 4kids decided to come along and limit the votes to one per day. I asked a bunch of people to help me and I even had a backup plan ( which I will not disclose) just incase #5 was leading in the votes.

I should have foresaw the restriction. The "vote as many times as you want" line made me too overconfident. :crying:

13. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

What? I never noticed them stop you from voting twice.

14. Terror of Death

Terror of Death Active Member

A couple days after it began they limited the votes to one per day for each voter. DrTooth pointed it out a while back. I spent an hour voting until I noticed.

15. DrTooth

DrTooth Active Member

Lemme guess, you're the one that gave it a 2000 something odd lead over the other....

Multiple voting, even if it helped #5 win is pretty much an unfair bit. One voice one vote. Even meaningless things like internet polls should have that.

They'll probably still have them available for download or something. Or keep one or two for the next season.

16. Ian

Ian ¬°Mierda santa! ¬°Ninjas!

So 4Kids has begun releasing information and material on Back to the Sewers; discuss.

Minor spoilers ahead.

Personally, I'm intrigued by the implementation of a one year gap between the date of the turtles' departure into the future and the date of their return. Not only does it allow for things that may have otherwise been harder to incorporate, it allows for clearer differentiation between the first five seasons and this one. Between that and TMNT4Kids' claim that the series will be darker than Fast Forward, I'm feeling pretty damn optimistic for the new season.

Also, the fact that the turtles will get yet another new lair makes a certain amount of sense, given what we know. After all, we've seen that their Central Park lair is abandoned and uncared for 2105, which suggests Cody never visited it despite presumably knowing its location. Why wouldn't Cody have visited it? Because the good turtle memorabilia had already been removed. Also, given that Karai has been in the Central Park lair, and probably knows its location, it's probably just a good idea to move, since its not always known where her loyalties lie.

17. warnerbroman

warnerbroman Active Member

well I am exited

18. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

It'll be interesting to know what Hun accomplished over this year gap, do you think he is now the head of a major crimewave over the city?