1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

New TMNT Toon Direction decided (Update: Early designs revealed)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Shredder565, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Ian

Ian ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!

But its not just the cojoined twins thing, it was that the baby Garbageman was also doused with acid and left to die in a dumpster, if the rumors are correct. Sure, you can downplay/eliminate all of that, but eventually it gets to the point where, well, there is no point. In any case, I don't see how it helps either character, really; at this point, if you really want a "Hun has a sibling he doesn't know about", I'd prefer it be someone we don't know.

2. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

From the looks of that thread, it looks like 4Kids has plans to rerelease up to at least the end of season 4 into half-season sets.

If I had to guess, when they get around to rereleasing season 5 MANY years from now (from my estimation, at this current rate, it'll take until 2011), that might be when we'll get Nightmares Recycled in a completed form as a way to get people to double-dip for the Ninja Tribunal arc.

3. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

So Nightmares Recycled could actually get finished? 0_o?

If 4Kids thinks that the part about the Garbageman being thrown out and left to die is too controversial, couldn't the writers just redo the scene with another possibility? Or is the scene already finished? :confused:

4. warnerbroman

warnerbroman Active Member

so what is the poll doing now

5. creativerealms

creativerealms Active Member

It's over now and they are counting the votes, and the Mikey songs are up there to listen to now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6. Shredder565

Shredder565 Active Member

Please let #5 or #1 win for the love of jeebus. I still can't believe they only showed the three bad ones on air..

Interesting news about garbageman...I've been out of the loop

7. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

It sounds like #1 one is sung by Eric Stuart. Huh. I knew he does music, but not anything for 4Kids yet. The only other one I recognize is Russel Valasquez(Sp?) in #5.

8. DrTooth

DrTooth Active Member

Clearly #3 won the competition, and due in part to poser punks that just got out of their training pants a year ago. I exaggerate for effect. Anyway, you can't be hard core if you make mayonaisse sandwiches on white bread. That's the point I'm driving home here.

I would have voted for any of Mikey's lame theme songs. They're certainly a lot better than a good half of them.

9. sdp

sdp miscrave

10. Dark Fact

Dark Fact Preaching evil since '04

If April Fools fell on a Saturday Morning, 4Kids actually could use these themes for a TMNT episode as a good joke. :)

11. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

They better rig the poll. I don't want to see #3 as the theme.

12. Shredder565

Shredder565 Active Member

IF they are smart, they will. No one will remember the poll in a few months anyway :).. Notice how Dan stopped posting the results: )

13. Dank

Dank Member

I don't see how it would be "smart" to not use the most popular song.

14. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Because:

a) That song doesn't work as an opening theme for a Saturday morning cartoon.

b) It doesn't fit Ninja Turtles very well.

c) The age group of people voting on the 4kids forums are 13 and under.

d) The subtitle for the new season is apparently "TMNT: Back to the Sewers" which song #5, the second most popular song, works well with.

There's a good chance 4kids already knew what theme they were going with before they even did this contest. Why does everyone think they're going to be honest about it? As said, anyone notice they didn't just post the poll results a few days after the voting ended?

Ah well, works better for us.

15. Dank

Dank Member

The first two are just your opinions and why does it matter if the people voting on the song are 13 and under? That's the target audience show. Also you could argue the other songs work well with it too.

16. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I could laugh and cry about that all at the same time.

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Yeah, its just my opinion, but I'm saying that if 4kids does rig the poll it'll probably be for those reasons.

They can make up any of the final votes they want, there's a reason why the final votes aren't shown as soon as the voting ended. 4kids are smart this way, and it'll work better for those of us who hate #3 (which is just about everyone here besides like 2 people, even everyone on thetechnodrome.com dislikes it too), so it goes without saying.

18. Terminatah

Terminatah Badass Cyborg

All I'm going to point out here is that a message board is not an accurate representation of what every Turtle fan thinks (so it's not really proof of anything beyond its literal meaning).

This is kind of a big thread. Have we been given any kind of ballpark figure as to when the winning song will be announced? Or is it meant to be understood that we have to wait until this fall, when the show itself premieres?

-Terminatah

19. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

They previewed all of them on the air. They had numerous promos, and each one featured three random songs.

Ha, I can't stop laughing at Mikey's theme songs... XD

20. Ian

Ian ¡Mierda santa! ¡Ninjas!

We'll have to wait 'til the premiere, according to the 4Kids site.

It doesn't mean somebody won't leak it beforehand, but until that happens, we'll just have to wait.