New Shows In 2009

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Zekehawk, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Zekehawk

Zekehawk New Member

So...in 2009, CN is getting some new shows including: The Garfield Show, Cartoonstitute, Adventure Time, Pink Panther and Pals, Naruto Shippuden TDA, and Hot Wheels Battle Force 5. Sorry if I missed any. What do you guys think of them?

2. Bakertoons

Bakertoons Don't break a Pinkie Promise.

I'm looking forward to "Adventure Time" and "Cartoonistitute."

The revival of Garfield and Pink Panther I'll probably avoid like plague.

3. gtadbzman

gtadbzman 900 Horses of Detroit Muscle

I'm looking forward to Garfield & Pink Panther. Two underated classics IMO. Hopefully CN will get Naruto Shippuden. I could see Hot Wheels going to YAH or airing on DAS. Cartoonstitute looks pretty cool, but I don't know about Adventure Time.

4. JAG

JAG New Member

A new Garfield show? Excuse me while I go find some garlic and a cross.

Which isn't to say I dislike Garfield in general. On the contrary. The comics were often hilarious. But a new show...I have a feeling this will be painful. Now, about the garlic...

5. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I think that this is the development Blog for “The Garfield Show”. It’s rather hard to tell, as it doesn’t look too professional, but there are a wide array of video clips that have employees talking about things. The videos are all in French, but there are English subtitles.

6. WolfGran

WolfGran Sophomore member

Like almost everyone else, I'm excited "Cartoonstitute" and "Naruto Shippuden"!

7. Zekehawk

Zekehawk New Member

8. desi

desi New Member

So there are only two originals? Hopefully Cartoonstitute will change that.

9. Baby Naruto

Baby Naruto New Member

I'm only really excited for the english dub of Naruto Shippuden, but I might give "The Garfield Show" a try.

10. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

That is the development blog, believe it or not. I've been checking it out for the past few months.

11. Mugsy

Mugsy New Member

I will give almost all of these a fair shot and stick with the ones I like, hopefully Panther and Garfield are good...

Has Shippiden been 100% confirmed? If not I wouldn't hold my breath....

12. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Ten Years on TZ!

Unless CN decides to start running the Looney Tunes in a regular time slot it looks like I won't be watching the channel much (if at all) in 2009.

Aside from the PPG special and the Ed, Edd and Eddy movie, that is.

13. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

I hate to say it but you might have to get the DVDs in order to see Bugs and friends on the small screen. The CN has changed to what it used to be and there could care less about what the older fans like us want to see on the network. We have to get over the fact that CN will never show Looney Tunes again unless they're in films like Looney Tunes: Back In Action that ABC Family still have the rights to until whenever they drop it from the network or Space Jam if CN is THAT desperate to please the masses. So what's CN and WB saying now: buy the DVDs, stop crying for them to come back on TV, and just look forward to more original programs and more acquisitions ala Total Drama Action and Naruto Shippuden (hopefully) because the old CN is dead and it along with Bugs, Daffy, and the gang, as sad as it is, are never coming back.

Plus look at January 1, 2009 and we'll see the LTs again but we don't know if CN are bringing them back permantently or is it just to ring in a new beginning of CN by going back to basics and recreating the channel to what it used to be.

For 2009, I am looking forward to seeing all of these shows in HD widescreen since the age of DTV is upon us now and it's about time that we escape from the old school age of just watching our shows and movies in fullscreen since most of what's seen on TV were made in widescreen originally.

14. Sammie

Sammie Cartoon Cartoons

Well CN is airing a Looney Tunes marathon on new years so we don't know what to exspect next. Much Lucha returned and no one exspected that. So it's possible for Looney Tunes to return to.

15. Comics_the_QB

Comics_the_QB My common sense is tingling

Cartoonstitute and Adventure Time for me.

I like The Pink Panther, but this show (and Garfield's) looks pretty bad. I won't check it out unless I hear good praise about it. Hot Wheels is kinda bland to me...

TDA will be good. ;)

Overall, '09 looks pretty good. We get the return and finale of Fosters. We get the Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy movie, and the PPG special. Chowder, Flapjack, TSS, Brave/Bold, SW:CW, and B10:AF all return as well. If they keep airing Looney Tunes, then that's just an extra star. Oh and they better keep Noods...

16. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

Yeah. I mentioned in the last message that Looney Tunes were coming back on New Year's Day but like everyone else on the CN Forum, I don't know if it would be a permanent move like the resurrection of Tom and Jerry.

17. soundmonkey44

soundmonkey44 Melancholic Man.

cartooninsititure, adventure time, Shippuden (If they get it) and PPGZ are what im looking foward to in 09!:evil: (& TF: Animated season 3!)

18. chdr

chdr New Member

Tom and Jerry never left. T&J has been chugging along on the schedule since day one.

19. Mugsy

Mugsy New Member

If CN does not keep Loony Toons then Bug's and co. are really dead, it's a shame....

In 2009 I m looking forward to new Ben 10: AF, TSS, Batman: TB&TB, New Naruto (hopefully), Noods, Adult Swim, YAH and Action Flicks!!!!

20. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

The new Garfield show might be worth checking out. I don't care about Pink Panther and Pals because it's a babyfication. One Baby Looney Tunes is more than enough, thank you very much.

There's still the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs.