New RPG Suggestions Part II

Discussion in 'World's Finest RPG' started by redDragon, Oct 18, 2005.

1. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

New thread for RPG suggestions...

To start a new RPG, all you need is this simple requirement: You MUST have AT LEAST 5 people already willing to join the RPG. After you do that, I'll set up the thread for the RPG!

Just post suggestions here and/or post here if you're willing to join one of the suggested rpgs.

~redDragon

2. Catboy4

Catboy4 Master of the Mystic Arts

Universe Chaos RP!

The Teen Titans and the Justice League (Unlimited) Team Up to stop the Legion of Doom and the Brotherhood of Evil, along with fighting within the bounds of each other!!!

Me- Catboy

3. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

ahhhh. Legion of Doom. That brings back some fond memories.:anime:

4. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

Several Suggestions:

Harry Potter

Custom Heroes

Generic Fantasy RPG?

Please, we need an RPG with custom characters! Those without them lack a lot of luster...

OO! Kingdom Hearts?!?!?!? FINAL FANTASY?!?!?!? ZELDA!?!?!!?!?

I NEED SOME RPGing! C'MON, SOMEBODY!

(bursts into pathetic tears.)

~s7

5. Kodra

Kodra Mr. 314

Well. Admittedly, I've never done a Forum-based RPG before, and I wouldn't feel very comfortable running something like that, however, I have a fairly extensive background in chat-based Roleplaying Games, and wouldn't mind doing something like that. I would more than likely do a AIM Chat Room based Roleplaying Game, featuring the Teen Titans. I would be looking for five starting players to play out the Teen Titans, and I would act as the role of storyteller/gamemaster, controlling all the other chatacters (villains, supporting cast, etc) If later on in the game a spot opens up for a new Titan (perhaps a revived Terra, or a Wildebeast who has joined the crew, or a player created character that the group agrees to allow) they could be added in.

If anyone is interested in something like this, you can IM at AIM SN: Kodra22, or reply to this post.

~Kodra

6. Agent S7

Don't actually have AIM, but perhaps we could use a chatroom...?

Also, I would like to be good old Beast Boy. Or maybe Robin. (shrugs)

~s7

7. Kodra

Kodra Mr. 314

I have no objections to using some other form of chat protocol, IRC or any of it's variants. I personally don't know how to set up a server, but if someone is willing to help me, I'd be ecstatic. I chose AIM simply because of it's proliference. If people on this board have another preferred method of chatting, I'm all ears.

8. Kodra

Kodra Mr. 314

If you want suggestions for plotlines, then here's a Teen Titans storyline I came up with.

/// Begin Intro ///

Blackfire as we all know combines strength, charisma, and cunning. She's manipulative and very ambitious. She can use her strength to topple individual rulers, and in societies where might makes right, she often has a viable claim to the throne. In this story arc, Blackfire uses her strength to set herself up as supreme ruler of a militaristic species known as the Gratch. The Gratch are a primitive people, who use clubs or hand to hand combat strategies. Not wanting to upset the Gratch with too much technology that will offend them, Blackfire arms them with High Impact Mauls to augment their already considerable strength. She takes her army from planet to planet, subjugating each under her new power. After a year of successful campaigns, Empress Blackfire sets her sights on her sister's new home planet of Earth.

The initial attack is directed at Titans Tower. The Titans make a stand, but unprepared as they are, Robin orders them to retreat to the hills outside the city. Soon all of Jump City is under marshall law, and it's up to the Titans to take it back, but they will find help in the most unlikely of places.

/// End Intro ///

This RPG would incorporate both the Heroes and the Villians in a fight against Blackfire and her Army of Gratch. Some of the Villians wouldn't take very kindly to being threatened by these oversized goons, while others (I'm looking at anyone who wants to play Slade) would more than likely be looking for a way to turn this situation to their favor, getting rid of both the Titans and the Army. I'm not sure I would be up to running this game, but if anyone's interested in a plot line, that's my suggestion.

~Kodra

9. Wonder D

Wonder D Fear me!

Hi, I kinda new to RPGs but how about an X-Men RPG? It could have a story line similer to X-men Ledgends 2, where the X-men and The Brotherhood have to join forces to defeat Apocolips and his horsemen, all charactors avaliable:D . Whould anyone be interested? If so I want to be Apocolips.

10. Agent S7

Kodra--

Alrighty, I'm-a signin' up! But first a question: Are custom characters allowed? Just wondering. And, if possible, I would prefer to be Beast Boy. ;)

~s7

11. Arrakhat

Arrakhat Trust me, I'm a doctor

Mate, you still involved with the JLU rpg? If not, that thing is gonna suffer. We've not had an update besides Trent's in a long while.

Wonder D, I'm interested in the X-men rpg. Isn't X-men Legends II the game where there were a ton of AoA characters? I'm an AoA nut. If we can find some more people to join, as good as count me in. Just pm me if you find more willing participants.

12. Wonder D

Wonder D Fear me!

Great!:) Anyone else interested PM me.

13. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

As long as the RP has participation, i don't care....a shame, i liked being Ra's in the JLU one =/

Anyways, if we're doing Kodra's idea, ill be THE BRAIN XD

Ill think about Xmen, im not very familiar with it.

14. JAG

JAG New Member

If we go with Kodra's idea, could Titans East be called in to help? If so, I might be Speedy.

15. Arrakhat

It's even more fun to read you writing for Ras. So cold and calculating... You'd do a great Brain. As for the X-men rpg, since this is a DC board firstmost, finding participants might be hard. I just offered 'cause I'm an Age of Apocalypse nutball. If Kodra's idea picks up I'd like to go with that. I'm leaning towards Malchior or Warp.

16. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

Why. Thank you. Arrakhat. Now. When will we begin?

All your base r belong to Us

17. Arrakhat

You're welcome. I'd like to be Warp in the TT rpg. I've realized writing for a magic user is harder for me.:shrug: At least Warp's my second favorite one-time villain.:)

18. Lightshade

Lightshade Chaos shall rule all!

I'd love to join the TT one as Slade, or maybe Terra(with her powers back of course).As it seems we've abandoned the JLU one.:sad:

19. Agent S7

I've finally thought of an idea that everyone will love.

DCAU United
    A NEW POWER HAS RISEN.

THE TEEN TITANS CANNOT DEFEAT IT ALONE. NOR CAN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE...

THEIR ENEMIES HAVE ALL RISEN TOGETHER.

NOW THEY MUST DO THE SAME.....
    DCAU: U n i t e d
    Cannon allowed: All Teen Titans, Static Shock, The Batman is an alternate universe that will (eventually) join together with the DCAU, B:TAS, S:TAS, JL. JLU Characters are allowed, but the JLU continuity, being too restrictive, has been dumped.

Any leaguers/Titans willing to join?

~s7​

20. Bubbles

Bubbles New Member

Please could we have a cartoon Network and Nikelodeon RPG?