New Pokemon Project Coming Soon: Pokken Tournament

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Aug 18, 2014.

1. River26

River26 Active Member

Several sites have touched on what seems to be a new Pokemon project.

By ANN
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-project-to-be-announced-on-august-26/.77720

2. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

Could this finally be the long-awaited Pokken Fighters?

3. Jinbo71

Jinbo71 New Member

I always wondered if Nintendo would ever go through with that,

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

It's hard to say if this will be a new video game, but if it is, it could be from that image of Lucario facing off against Blaziken at the end of a trailer a couple of years ago. It should be interesting to see what they'll announce here at least.

5. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

A new project announced in a week, before we even get the one we've known about for months? Fine by me. Possibly not a video game, but hey, we've got one of those coming.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

The leading rumor by far is that they're bringing the Pokemon trading card game to mobile device platforms. Polygon has a screenshot and word is the game was shown off to some people at a game convention in DC this past weekend. It's pretty much as confirmed as it gets without an official announcement.

I totally believe it, it makes all the sense in the world and rides that Hearthstone wave. Good way to get Pokemon to a wide audience without trying to rush to pigeonhole a "normal" Nintendo game into the platform.

7. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

Nintendo making games for other companies? How did I not know about this? Bit disapointed; never really was fond of the trading card game.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I heard about the Pokemon card game coming to the iPad. I'm not sure if they would make a special announcement for something like that, or have voice actors and other special guests for it, but it does sound like a possibility at least.

9. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Pokemon TCG Online is just a port of an existing browser game. It's done by a western studio for Pokemon Company International. I kind of doubt there would be teasers in Japan for that.

I think it'll be that weird Pikachu detective game we saw last year for 3DS. They said it was supposed to be out in 2015, so a reveal now would make sense.

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

Oh yeah. I forgot about that Pikachu detective game. If the new project is video game related, then I could see it either being that game or the one that was teased with Lucario and Blaziken facing each other from a few years ago.

11. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

I'm hoping it'll be a Pokrmon MMO.
    Too bad that'll likely never happen.

12. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Active Member

Cohorts,

i wouldn't mind seeing the Pokemon Ranger series make its debut on the 3ds or a sequel to Pokemon Conquest.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I'd love to see a new Pokemon Ranger game on the 3DS. I've been wanting that for a long time. A sequel to Conquest would be awesome too. I doubt that they'd make a big announcement for either of those games, but I would love to see both of those happen at some point.

14. Vernikova

Vernikova ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

It's Pokken Tournament, a fighting game ala Tekken and Soul Caliber, and the Pokemon revealed are Lucario (and Mega Lucario) and Machamp. It's coming out in 2015. I'm not going to buy it.

15. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

Apparently it's an arcade game, and not a Wii U game... So there won't be any chance of buying it to begin with. =/

16. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

Arcade? That's a weird choice when pretty much Pokemon's entire success has been dependent on hand held portable consoles. Yeah some are actual home consoles but Pokemon is mostly known for being condescend to something you can carry in your pocket, both within the game and how you play it. So having an arcade fighter seems like a strange option. I mean why not have it be a 3DS fighter? Is it because they want to shock and wow with super amazing graphics or something? This seems especially baffling given how arcades don't really have the same audience or size of the audience they did back even when Pokemon first came out. So do see that now just seems off. I'm sure it will be ported to the Wii U at some point unless there's a specific deal for just an arcade release but... why would that ever be the case exactly?

17. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Last time I checked arcades are huge in Japan.
    The question now is if the game will come here as a port for the Wii U /3DS.

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Guys, most Japanese arcade fighting games get ported within a year. I thought most gamers knew that. :p Almost every single Tekken and Street Fighter game begins as an arcade game. That's how it works in Japan.

But wow, my hype meter just went waaaayyyy up! I've been waiting years for a real Pokémon fighting game, and I like Tekken!

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I figured that this would be the game they'd announce. The graphics look fantastic with that trailer. I loved seeing Lucario and Mega Lucario in the trailer as well. The details in the graphic just made it look beautiful. I was surprised with it being an arcade game. I imagine that it will be a console release later since making a big deal about this game wouldn't make sense otherwise. Plus, fighting games usually start out as arcade games.

I just hope that it gets a port for the 3DS. It would make sense to release it just on the Wii U and the Wii U could certainly benefit from having a Pokemon game, but since I won't be able to get a Wii U anytime soon, I'd only be able to play this game if it comes out on the 3DS. Still, it looks pretty great and a traditional fighting game with Pokemon sounds awesome.

20. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

I see the game has an English trailer.

[video=youtube;3-WqRkiLe1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-WqRkiLe1A&index=33&list=WL[/video]

Must mean it coming to West at some point.