New "Pocket Monster: THE ORIGIN" Animated Production

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Sarada, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

2. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

I hope this story is more original and not based on Adventures. I mean... I like Adventures and all, but it would be nice to have a different take on the series. Seeing as how one image out has a picture of a Geodude tackling a Charmander, I guess I can assume that the Charmander is probably Red's, so it's a possibility.

3. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Yes, yes, yes, and YES!!!! I haven't been this excited about a Pokemon anime in years!

The animation style looks REALLY good from those screenshots. Hopefully it'll look great in motion too. And it might be too much to ask, but I hope they aim it at a somewhat older audience than the main anime, just because a slightly more serious approach to the Pokemon concept would be a breath of fresh air at the moment.

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie Moderator

Yes, it's Red's. The text says Charmander and his partner are facing the first gym leader, Takeshi (Brock), and his rival. It's a "must see" new production on TV Tokyo, Oct. 2nd at 7 pm.

In other words, a new series. It doesn't actually say "Red", though, just "protagonist". But we know who he is. ;)

5. VLGTZ

VLGTZ Too Much Time on My Hands

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Pokemon anime that may be good!!!!!!!!!!

6. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Ah, so the Hitokage/Charmander is the protagonists? Good, good. I hope Iwane Masa'aki does key animation for this series, assuming he is the only good battle animator OLM can attract.

7. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

Here's the trailer from the official Pokémon Japanese YT channel

[video=youtube;_Lyi2RSVxqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lyi2RSVxqg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That remix, Lance being there, and seeing it in motion. Well... I know what I'm watching in the Fall '13 anime series.

8. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

"Waits for inevitable catastrophe and or controversy that will stop this from airing"

9. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

10. Cookiefication

Cookiefication ¯\(º_o)/¯

[​IMG]

Snap. I leave the computer for a little bit and this gets announced.

I'm excited.

That would be awesome, especially if it's anything like his work in those animated Pokemon game PVs from last year. He's recently done some key animation in Yamato 2199 too, so I hope does something in this... Although, I'm sure he's busy working on the end of BW+the new XY series.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
  11. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

The preview is probably not representative of the entire series, but the special effects are looking real nice.

Pokemon might be a little saturated with a second series coming out. Origin might make up for Black and White though.

12. Rynnec

Rynnec Active Member

Crossing my fingers for Leaf.

13. Cartoon X

Cartoon X Lum the Forever

Eh....doesn't look that interesting to me, but I'll gladly take it over the current anime if it ends up being good. Still waiting for a Pokémon Adventures anime to be made one of these days, though.

14. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

Oh no... My hype just died... It was just slaughtered by Serebii... Turns out this is going to be a 30 minute/hour-long special... So we will see Prof. Oak give the starters to Red and Green, Red battling Brock, Red battling Lance, and Red and Charizard battling Green and Blastoise... And that's about it. I don't see how we're going to see every single event from the games, I don't think Team Rocket grunts or even Giovanni will involved whatsoever, we definitely won't get any of the Silph Co. stuff, or the Marowak stuff... There probably won't even be enough time for anything more than a 5 minute montage for Red defeating the rest of the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four members. And plus I doubt this special will even be dubbed. Sorry for crushing everyone's hype... :(

Update: Sorry guys, while this may just be a special, I'm guessing it might be possible movie length, as it seems Red will battle Team Rocket, Giovanni, and the Pokemon Tower incident takes place. And yeah, battle with Brock and Green are also mentioned, but the plot description doesn't mention Lance or the Elite Four, or even the other Gym Leaders, so...

15. Cookiefication

Cookiefication ¯\(º_o)/¯

Hmm... Well, since this isn't going to be a series, I hope it's at least an hour long. I think that thirty minutes would be way too short for all that content mentioned, unless they hyper-speed through everything... Which I really hope they don't do.

16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator Moderator

I think that this is a really cool and big surprise. I didn't think that they would go for something like this. I'm not surprised that it's just a special though. While there would be enough potential to cover the storyline from the first generation games in a small amount of episodes, like thirteen, I didn't think that they would want to spend the money it would take to make that happen either. I certainly hope that it is more movie length, as opposed to half hour, since they could get a lot more done that way than with just a half hour.

The trailer was just awesome. The opening with the Gameboy and the screen from Red was just so nostalgic, the animation looks great, the designs for the human characters work and I loved the ending shot of Red with Charizard. It certainly looks awesome and regardless of the length, I'll be watching this. Although, I really hope that TPCI actually dubs this special this time.

17. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

O.O

I literally spent ALL DAY Thursday thinking about a new Pokemon anime being made, directly adapting the games, starting with the first games, with no connection to the existing Pokemon anime, with the much higher animation quality we expect from new anime series not strictly for children, like the Black and White 2 promo. I mean... I was thinking about new versions of the classic Game Boy music suitable for a high-quality anime production, seiyuu and potential eventual dub actor for Red, what starter to be chosen, everything...

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, JAPAN!

Granted, my hopes and dreams have not been completely realized within hours of my mind concocting them (okay, I've had these same ideas for years, but never as focused for as long as this Thursday), as this will not be a full series (and if it was to be a full series planned for all the Pokemon main series game content currently released, it certainly wouldn't be feasible to think it would continue to look that good, unless they found whatever money tree is funding Hunter x Hunter 2011), but considering that Black and White 2 anime is by far the greatest piece of non-main-series-Pokemon-game-related "mon" media ever created (okay, I haven't read enough of Adventures, but it's so damn long!), I'm still very excited to see this, and hope it's followed by a corresponding production for each Generation (and of course, my own dream scenario, but it's not as if I'm actually going to expect that to happen). Since the announcement of X and Y, I've at least been expecting one to match the Black and White 2 one, and looking forward to that probability, which, judging from the completely unannounced release timing of said Black and White 2 one, should be coming in another month or so (about a month before the Japanese release of the games, which in this case is the same for everyone!). So if nothing else, I should at least have a couple of these to look forward to by the time the already very strong-looking Fall season begins. And oh yeah, that Black and White 2 one was short as hell and still so good, so even though a series would obviously be ideal, getting a full half-hour to maybe even an hour should be pretty damn amazing, and while all these looks into the future are very exciting, seeing the very beginning re-imagined with all the advancements in animation over the year should be quite magnificent in its own way. But I guess, since it is just going to be leaving me wishing for more, I better get back to my daydreaming, and modify my statement:

GET DEEPER INTO MY HEAD, JAPAN!

(Why the hell do I still love Pokemon so damn much?)

18. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

Haha, well all right. This may be the first one I watch in years.

19. PokemonTVDub

PokemonTVDub Member

Just so you guys know, sources are saying this is a special, not a series. This would make sense since it would be pointless to make a whole anime out of it.

20. GolfDude

GolfDude Member

based on the preview, no way its only 30 mins.. its gotta be at least 60 to fit all that in.. 30 mins would rush it too much.. 90 would be nice...