New pilot: Tome of the Unknown

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Red Arrow :D, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

On Friday November 15th, KLIK Festival in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) is going to air a show called CARTOON NETWORK: NEXT GENERATION:

Source: Program 2013

They won't air any failed pilots like Mars Safari, so I was wondering if Tome of the Unknown will also get its own series?

The short's already aired on other festivals in September like LA Shorts fest and Ottawa, so is there anyone on ToonZone who has seen it? Here's a synopsis:
    Source: Ottawa International Animation Festival

The story looks very interesting and the animation looks pretty good. You can find some art of it right here. And it also has its own Wikia.

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon A cut above the rest!

Never heard of this show. It looks interesting, but I'm gonna need more info because right now, I can't make much of it other than it looks mystical and the big brother looks like a tall gnome.

Weird how the "about Patrick McHale" talks about how he died and then says that he's still alive.

3. Wi-fi Calcium

Wi-fi Calcium Active Member

4. The Talon

The Talon New Member

I remember from around the time when all the pilots of the shows like Clarence & Lakewood Plaza Turbo was leaked. It's piqued my interest so far. The shading is nice & gives a bit of a different feel from other cartoons, & I like that Elijah Wood is the voice of Wirt.

If the show has been given the greenlight, then I guess it will premiere next fall on CN.

5. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Truth-seekers wanted

Doesn't look too bad! I'll keep my eye on this one!

6. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

A linkedin profile currently has somebody working on a mini-series for this. It will get more than one episode.

7. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

"Tone of the Unknown"? Wow. I wish I was in Amsterdam just to see this. I'm instantly in love with the art style.

8. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Game-playing dog lover

You misspelled it. It's Tome.