1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Nickelodeon Logo

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by FlapjackFan125, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan

Bryan TZ Schedules Admin

I guess one excuse The Troop has for airing on Nicktoons is they do use CG animation for the monsters.

2. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

I saw the new Nickelodeon Productions logo during Spongebob. It kept the aquatic sounds, which also happened with the old logos, so the sounds will probably be on a case-by-case basis.

BTW, the new production graphic looked cool.

3. cartoonguy96

cartoonguy96 "Hey Eddy?"

The N now has a countdown timer for until they change to TeenNick!

4. chdr

chdr Active Member

Nicktoons is just changing its logo, nothing more. I'm not sure why people are expecting something huge to happen here.

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I don't know why so many people thought it would. The Nick channels' logos and/or names are changing, that's all. They never said the schedules would be changing. Someone's going to have to explain to me why and how Nick's getting a NEW logo indicates that they'd be bringing their OLD shows back, 'cause I don't get the correlation there at all.

Originally Posted by Moi [​IMG]
    Wow. Is The Troop really going to air on Nicktoons TV (formerly Nicktoons Network)? Albeit only for a weekend as a promotional thing? Nick must really have a lot riding on that show.
    To be fair, it's only for the weekend; Nick is trying to promote their latest show by running it on all their networks for maximum exposure, just like when Boomerang aired Out of Jimmy's Head for a week.

Besides, NN already aired Are You Afraid of the Dark? last Halloween, so it's not like this is the first time they've ever shown live-action on that channel.

6. cartoonguy96

cartoonguy96 "Hey Eddy?"

Hello? The N tells people what is happening! Why not Nickelodeon? Nickelodeon is changing their logo, so why not tell the people watching?

7. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Because unlike The N, Nickelodeon isn't changing it's name, only it's logo. It's really not that big a deal.

On Cartoon Network, there was no big ballyhoo when the channel went from the 14 tiled 'Cartoon Network' logo to the 2 tiled 'CN' logo. In fact, there was no announcement made about the logo change at all. It just happened.

8. chdr

chdr Active Member

Even so, one would think that they would be using the new logo for promos by now.

9. cartoonguy96

cartoonguy96 "Hey Eddy?"

Some people could say The N changing its name is not a big deal, because it will be the same shows as before, the point is Nickelodeon COULD do it, but they don't want to but they should.

10. TEENick_09

TEENick_09 Member

I know.It seems like they should be using the new logo on their bumpers for new episodes and such for next week.

11. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Why do people feel like there needs to be big announcements, flag ceremonies and ticker tape parades for something like this? It's not necessary. Do people need to be spoon fed every single new media development, no matter how trivial or insignificant? Has the internet made people unable to deal with change without their hands being held and a ton of hoopla to ease them into something unfamiliar?

Nick doesn't have to make a big announcement about if they don't want to, and I think it's sad that there are people who seem to be faulting them for it, or are upset that a logo change doesn't automatically constitute a change in programming. Really, you've got to be kidding me.

12. Silverstar

I don't know about "should"; I honestly don't think a logo change warrants a countdown and a ton of ballyhoo. Sure, they could do that, but it's really not that important, and not making a lot of noise about the logo change shouldn't be considered a strike against Nick.

Honestly, people are making this noteworthy but ultimately trivial change out to be a much bigger deal than it actually is.

13. cartoonguy96

cartoonguy96 "Hey Eddy?"

This is BIG! This might be because the old logo finally got boring like we see today. They needed new. They will bring back most of the old shows more often and air better shows hopefully. So yeah! We need a countdown on Nickelodeon!

14. Goldstar Neo

Again, I really don't understand why people keep saying this. Folks, it's just a logo. A new logo does not signify a change in the lineup. Nick has never once said that it would be bringing back any of it's old shows or anything like that. People just assumed this because of the new logo. If Nick had any plans to alter it's programming in any way, there would have been a press release for it or something.

You guys need to stop jumping to conclusions like this because you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

#394 Goldstar Neo, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  15. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

You sort of contradicted yourself there.

No we don't.

16. Vyse

Vyse Active Member

Nick.com is fully updated with the new logo. All that hasn't been updated with the new branding and/or have the Nick Network bar are Nickatnite.com, nickjr.com proper, upickdaily.com, icarly.com, the Nick resorts/theme parks, Nicktropolis, and The Troop's web site.

17. Silverstar

No, it isn't. Networks change their logos all the time. No big deal.

Bringing back old shows wouldn't be "new". Just sayin'.

Not only is the above statement a contradiction, but I'd really like to know where you guys are getting the idea that Nick changing it's logo means that the older shows are coming back. When did Nick ever say that they'd be altering their schedule in any way, let alone bringing back their old shows? Folks are making some HUGE assumptions over a really minute change.

18. TEENick_09

TEENick_09 Member

Has Nick Jr. ever said or made a promo of their rebranding?

19. Goldstar Neo

Given that Noggin/Nick Jr.'s audience is primarily preschoolers who would barely notice or care, I doubt that they made a big deal out if it, if there was any mention of it at all.

20. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Well, this is it guys. The last day.
    The end of the splat. The end of an era. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.