1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"New Mutants" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, May 13, 2015.

1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Release Date: April 13, 2018

Well this is surprising.

#1 RoryWilliams, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
  2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well I am glad to see Fox announce this as it actually finally gives some idea what they're doing with the X-Men franchise. Granted we know that they're making Deadpool and Gambit but with X-Men Apocalypse being the finale of the prequel Trilogy and the 2017 March X-Flick that marks the last time Hugh Jackman is going to play Wolverine we need some fresh new blood or at least some idea what's going to happen with the new cast. And I think this answers that: we can have new mutants being guided by the old guard if the original New Mutants are based on new recruits. Since honestly we've seen bits of that in other X-Men movies but it would be good to get more of a focus on that for one of them.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great to finally have confirmation that Fox going forward with expanding their live-action universe :).

New Mutants are awesome, and I hope we get to see the classic roster in this. I wonder if it'll take place in the present day, and if we might see some of the present-day X-Men in cameos? I recall that rumor about Kelsey Grammar coming back as Beast for something like this, which would be pretty awesome :D.

Even better if they get Patrick Stewart to come back as Xavier ;).

A little funny that we'll be seeing a movie that likely focuses on the next generation of X-Men when we're pretty much getting that in Apocalypse as well, just in radically different periods of time.This might also give us a better idea of what the present day of the X-Men universe looks like aside from the glimpse we saw at the end of DoFP, depending on how they handle it :cool:.

#3 Frontier, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  4. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

This is a film, not a TV show.

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Great, been waiting for this. I have doubts they will go with the classic line-up which I loved so much. Some of them like Wolfsbane and Warlock would be great to see on screen. However, having both this and X-Force in the pipeline is intriguing, as this one should debut before. Couple of ways this can go:

-It will really just be New Mutants in name only and be X-Men 5 with the team introduced in Apocalypse.
    -It will be a completely new group of mutants, chosen by producers.
    -It will be a proper adaptation of the comic, with characters from original NM and modern NM.

We can have New Mutants be kinda like what First Class tried to do, X-Force can bridge the two. Heck, X-Force already has Deadpool and Psylocke. BTW, glad to see it looks like Kinberg is FOX's Feige.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Not sure I like the director, but a New Mutants film is a good idea. I love how FOX is finally expanding it's universe with films like this, Deadpool and X-Force.

7. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I want to see Ellen Page to return as Kitty Pryde so she can be the leader.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

9. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Those books look very clean and recently purchased. When I think lifelong X-Men fan, I think wore out comic books, not neat hardbound collections.

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, there is that picture of him and the screenwriter at a comic book store as kids :).

11. the greenman

Seems he will use at least some of the original characters from that book. Haven't seen Boone's films, but no reason to cast sudden doubt on him.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. the greenman

• Informative Informative x 1
    #13 the greenman, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
  14. Magmaster12

Forgot about this movie, when is it coming out, late 2017?

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think a year was ever said - just 'a couple years from now' but I've seen 2017 and 2018 floated around.

16. Magmaster12

People are saying a Deadpool Sequel will probably take FF2's place but they don't have any scripts for either of those.

17. the greenman

Reports have been Wolverine 3 for March 3, 2017, the Fantastic Four sequel on July 14, 2017, and a mystery Marvel film arriving on July 13, 2018. That was never confirmed to be this or X-Force.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

18. Magmaster12

X-Force was basically a spin off of New Mutants, maybe Fox wants to make Cable and Deadpool team up movie then make X-Force the big crossover.

19. the greenman

20. Magmaster12

If they're taking a brake with the original line up then this must be the 2018 movie.

Fox still treats the X-Men movies as generic action movies (aside from Deadpool obviously) hopefully the ladder will lead to a push into the opposite direction.
    I seriously wonder what the plan for the movie is though, what is the team line up, and could this lead to the Cable and Deadpool team up the same way the comics did.