1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Mickey Mouse Shorts in Development

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Dudley, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's good to see some people like it. A lot people have complained online about the Flash (Toonboom) animation, yet I don't see why, as the animation seems more fluid than most non-Flash cartoons on telelvision.

The auto-play is also popping up when I'm watching the video. It doesn't happen on my Iphone though.

2. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Besides, we need a reason to get excited for Get a Horse!.

3. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

I'm really liking these shorts so far. The animation is top notch for flash and the humor is excellent. I got to say I really like Chris Diamantopoulos as Mickey. He sounds closer to Walt's Mickey instead of Wayne's Mickey. Yodelberg has some really nice scenery.

4. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

That was great. Very creative. The scene under the bridge cracked me up.

5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Never have I laughed so much at a Mickey Mouse cartoon before. I lol'ed so hard when Mickey got beat up by all the moms.

Yolderberg is up on Disney's Youtube page and was also fun. Especially that yeti. I was seriously not expecting him to do that shaka sign.

6. Ryusuke

Ryusuke SomethingWithTheR

Strange move, especially since Bret Iwan is still around in other projects. The new guy could use some getting used to, but in a way, he's closer to Walt Disney than Wayne Allwine. So, I accept him. It's just very strange, considering how much they've trained Iwan over the years only to use another guy and they're usually pretty consistent when it comes to the main characters' voices.

I'm really enjoying these shorts though. They feel fresh, they look nice, and they're pretty funny. Best thing that happened to Mick in years. :)

#47 Ryusuke, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  7. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

So they finally uploaded the shorts to youtube. Thank goodness!! I've gotta say, I am loving the goofiness in these shorts. It's nice when a cartoon remembers that it's just fantasy, and that it doesn't have to -always- reflect real life. Plus. I think with the knowledge of the talent behind these shorts, and witnessing some of the more complexly designed flash animated characters like that lion in the "Walk through Central Park" short, I find myself able to enjoy these shorts way more. I hope the Looney Tunes will make a series somewhat similar to this in the future, even though I'm not sure if they'll be able to air it in a 30 minute slot like they did with The Looney Tunes Show.

Up next, I hope Disney animates some Oswald the Lucky Rabbit shorts! I wonder how they'll characterize him... will he be different from Mickey in any way? Not sure how I will feel about that if Oswald isn't the way he was created to be.

Flash animation has been hated on since it first came out of the starting gate. Shows like Mucha Lucha! and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (or today's Johnny Test) doesn't help either, as the flash animation in those shows are terrible (on top of sub-par or poor character design). I certainly didn't like Flash animation as a teenager. I've gotta say, Flash animation has shown what it could really do over the years with shows like Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends. So the haters will always be out there, but these days I'd believe that most people are concerned with the quality of the short and not its animation style. The "Flash" hate isn't as bad these days in my opinion.

8. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Did that old lady sound familiar to anyone else?

9. Kuromi_Star

Kuromi_Star Neko mimi mode

These look really fun. It makes me wonder if the whole "Return of the House of Mouse as a framing device" rumor has any credit.

10. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

It sounded like Betty White to me, but they don't have voice actor credits on the shorts so it's hard to tell.

11. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

12. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Really funny short again. I loved the 8-bit sequence and the tribute to Uncle Walt at the end with the picture and the little steam train.

13. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Anyone notice that little train Mickey rides is Casey Jr. from Dumbo? They even play parts of his song from the movie throughout the short! Nice touch.

14. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

No overt anime references—I'm impressed.

15. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

why would you even consider that?

16. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

That was really great. Obviously I love how funny it is, but I'm even more impressed with how great these look. Visually my favorite part was when he was on top of the train. The 8-bit scene was pretty great too.

I can't wait for more of these!

17. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

If you're responding to me, it's because it's Japan.

18. SuperStantzio

SuperStantzio Member

Very nice! I hope that they will show them soon!

19. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

It's not often I recommend Flash browser games, but this one based on "No Service" has so many fun animations:

Hidden Mickey | Disney Games