New Mickey Mouse Shorts in Development

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Dudley, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

2. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Hahahaha. That was awesome. Hopefully the other 18 shorts will this great as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  3. EHH123

EHH123 Member

The fact that everyone was speaking real French was a nice touch.

4. Toons4ever

Toons4ever Member

That was pretty good, loved the old school animation look they were going for and the Cindrella reference, and everyone speaking in France was a nice touch. Can't wait to seethe rest of these.

5. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Happy's happy. Are you happy?

Nice to see Mickey and Minnie in their "back-in-the-day" style. I'm certainly looking forward to more shorts.

6. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

That was really really nice. Wow, I didn't know it was done by the same studio as Kick Buttowski, I never would have known. Let's hope they use these to finally phase out those BLAM! shorts UGH.

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

That was pretty good. The art style was really nice and had kind of a toonish feel to it. The Cinderellla reference was funny and everyone speaking French was a nice touch. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these shorts.

8. CLXcool

CLXcool New Member

I hope this would lead to having a Mickey mouse movie with this style of animation(although, I am not holding my breathe on it though). A tv series of this would nice though. I really enjoyed the first. I can't wait for the rest of the shorts.

Also does anyone know if Stephen Destefano worked on this? The style here reminds me a bit of his work.

9. Astrolupine

Astrolupine Man on the wing.

T'was decent (the design is nice, but I was hoping for more than Flash), but if you ask me, it was begging for a Hunchback reference.

Still, it's a start and the continuation of Slightly-Scrapper Mickey is welcome.

10. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

I do find it quite interesting how the Cartoon Network legacy is taking over the entirety of America's animation industry

11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 New Member

Wait. That wasn't just dubbed in French? I don't think I've heard the new voice of Mickey since Wayne Allwine died, so was that Bret Iwan doing Mickey speaking French? I'm a bit confused here.

12. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Even if these are just shorts like what I just saw, for example... This better last a good long time, that's for sure - This is what we need to see more of on this (if not any other) channel!

Simplistic as that sounds, this is looking like an entertainment goldmine if advertised proper - don't let me down, Disney (you've done that enough, and I'm tired of it, too, to boot.).

13. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

I'm glad Disney decided to make more Mickey shorts. Especially for his 85th anniversary. I think the last time Disney did something for Mickey animation-wise on anniversary was on his 60th anniversary. That said, this short was great. I like how they gave Mickey and Minnie their classic 30's look. You don't really have to understand French to enjoy this short, as you can pretty much tell what's going on. Bring on the next 18 shorts.

14. Zen Man

Zen Man New Member

Great stuff and I loved the Cinderella reference. The animation was unique, but lively and I'm glad they bought back the classic 1930's look for the characters. Looking forward to seeing the other upcoming shorts w/ Mickey; though I wonder if some of them will feature his 1940's-present look?

Great stuff from Disney.

15. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

THey either got amazing soundalikes or it was just the normal US actors doing the script in French either by knowing it or practicing it. There really isn't much spoken dialogue, so it's not like it would be so difficult. It's really obvious for Daisy specifically that it's the US actor.

16. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

What does mickey look like in the new shorts

17. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Active Member

Here's a comparison of the original '20s Mickey design vs his throwback design in this short:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For one, Mickey's shorts are a lot wider than his torso in the throwback design.

18. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Well at least they're trying unlike Warner Brothers with Looney tunes

19. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

Can I get a new short with good old, hot tempered Donald?

20. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

Good that Mickey will have new cartoon shorts, but a reminder for Disney- Cliff Ruby and Elana Lesser are still available to write future Mickey Mouse shorts, which would be a further step in a good direction.