1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Gargoyles DVDs coming? (5/29/13 Update: "Season Two, Part Two" Coming June 2013 as Movie Club Ex

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Gregatron, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Hmmm, aren't Warner Archive dvds exclusive?

2. Gregatron

Gregatron Member

This is what they've told me via e-mail and Twitter,

"Thanks, but at @TVShowsOnDVD we never cover items which require you to join a club (like Disney Movie Club, or for that matter, Columbia House or Sam's Club, etc.) in order to buy. If this title gets announced for general release, then we will cover it at the time. Same with the Disney Movie Club DVDs for Goof Troop, Weekenders and Kim Possible."

3. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

They're DVD-R, I see some on Amazon, but I don't know if Warner sells them through Amazon or if it's done via third parties. Amazon doesn't have SWAT Kats though, I'm going to have to but it from Warner Archive directly.

I'm just happy they aren't DVD-Rs. Hopefully it won't become ridiculously limited production and rare.

Disney doesn't have a lot of stuff I'd like to buy from them though, and I'm not much interested in the merchandising stuff. I don't suppose they put up the other two Gargoyles sets so I can take care of everything in one fell swoop?

So is the next release in July the finale of it all or no? Were Konietzko and DiMartino involved? I assume it bridges the gap between the original series and Korra? Or it finally explains the questions about Zuko's mother that the original series always danced around?

I don't know how much of that kind of tie-in stuff I have any interest in....

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

It's free, and not all of it is tie-in. There are dvd sets and if you save enough points, gift cards and vacation discounts.

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

This "King Snarf" fellow on another forum claims the Disney people told him we can expect the original broadcast episodes:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...FINALLY-coming-to-DVD&p=16878576#post16878576

Still not sure about this & I don't think we'll know for sure until S2 Part 2 of Gargoyles is formally released & available for the DMC.
    With the Avatar comics "The Search" is coming out in 3 trade paperbacks, just like "The Promise" originally did. Part 2's on 7/23/13. According to the Avatar Wiki the final part is out Oct 30th in comic stores and Nov 12 in normal book stores. Konietzko & DiMartino were / are involved in the comics, and "The Search" and "The Promise" do bridge between the two shows. "The Search" is the one dealing directly with the matter of Zuko's mom.

6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

^ Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure what to expect, cause I honestly hadn't even researched to see if those eps had been edited. Good to hear though.

7. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

Thanks for sharing! I don't join video clubs but for this I would. With enough sales, we may get S3.

8. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Member

Does anyone think that it will released on Amazon? I don't want to join club and have to buy other movies just to get this release.

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Not "released," more like "sold through third parties." But it'll show up there.

10. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

11. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The official talkback thread will be open in five minutes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.