1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

New Gargoyles DVDs coming? (5/29/13 Update: "Season Two, Part Two" Coming June 2013 as Movie Club Ex

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Gregatron, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregatron

Gregatron Member

I found this over on the Shout! Factory forums posted by a user named jmodlin210 on a letter he received from Disney.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/4074/thread.aspx#axzz1apGDiGtT

Let's hope this is real. I hate having incomplete shows on dvd.

EDIT: In case the first link doesn't work for you, try this one.
    http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/4074/thread.aspx#axzz1b1QIAKBt

#1 Gregatron, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  2. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

That poster, Jonny, who also posts here sometimes, has been known to be a bit... enthusiastic about DVD collecting and I wouldn't be surprised if he emailed Disney about it each and every day. Despite his eccentricities, it would be very unusual for him to make anything up. If he says it's an email from Disney, I fully believe him. So short of someone else spoofing that email to Jonny, I'd expect this to be legit.

Very welcome news. Not just for us Gargoyles fans, but for anyone who's series is locked in Disney's vault. They've licensed out sitcomes before, but I don't recall them licensing out an animated property, so it's great news that they're at least entertaining the option.

3. Gregatron

Gregatron Member

Yeah Jonny is enthusiastic. You should look at the cartoon topics on the Shout! forums. He posts a lot.

4. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

We will find out for sure soon, cause I'm certain Greg Weisman will be bombarded with emails on this. He'll answer us on AskGreg.

6. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Or not. Quite often, the original creators are the last ones to find out.

7. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

I don't buy this at all. It reads like Jonny himself wrote it. It's more than a little bizarre how it just so happens to be him who gets this type of information, and no one else. What is it about this guest services person having to wait until particular dates to tell him things? None of this rings true. I don't buy it.

8. Gregatron

Gregatron Member

It could be real. Doing a Google search on that phone number shows Disney related results.

Googling Sherry Baker I found this.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/sherrybaker22

We wait and see if it's real, or we could try contacting Disney to see what response they give us.

One reason I think it may be legit is that Disney was/is planning a Gargoyles movie. These dvds could tie-in with the movie.

9. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical, but this had better be real. I'm going to be watching this thread pretty closely to see any new developments. I'm also watching Ask Greg. If it were true, he would probably post a ramble about it.

#9 Spideyzilla, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  10. Triant

Triant Member

Even if it's MoD, it'll still complete a collection of mine.

There's some stuff that can be done, I think. Have Jonny print out the e-mail for himself. Take a screenshot of said e-mail and post it, so we have visible proof to work with. This way, we have names and hard copy of what the Disney rep has told him in case it comes into question.

11. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

If true, I wonder if they will continues where they left off, or like other past rescure projects, will they start over again with season 1. With a complete series set also planned.

12. GregX

GregX Active Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

13. Conekiller

Conekiller On the Cruise!

If they re-release the episodes that are out already, I will double dip if it means a chance of finishing at least Season 2.

BUT I too will believe it when I see it.

14. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Sorry, guys. I reached out to our Disney Home Video contacts and just got this back:

I don't know what the story is, but for now I think it's best if you assume this set is NOT coming.

15. GregX

GregX Active Member

And Jonny Modlin becomes the most hated person on the internet in 3, 2, 1.... ;)

16. Gregatron

Gregatron Member

Thanks for checking Ed.

17. Spideyzilla

Now. :mad:I knew it was probably fake, but.... still. Thanks for nothing.

18. GregX

GregX Active Member

You want to know what gets me the most about this? The name on that e-mail, Sherry Baker, is legit. She works at Disney, and in that position:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/sherrybaker22

W
    hich means one of two possibilities.

1. Jonny has pestered and pestered these people enough that someone there just BSed Jonny to get him to go away. Hell, check out what Weisman once responded to him with, it's pretty classic: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=9853

2. Jonny forged the entire e-mail, and signed this woman's name to it. Which is really even worse than the previous option.

In any event, from now on, I suggest the internet as a whole ignore this schmuck. He's either a liar, or he's completely stupid. Or both... I'm gonna go with both.

19. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

Jonny is autistic. Seeing his posts over the years, I doubt he made it up. Maybe somebody at Disney played around with him since he tends to bombart people over and over again with questions.

20. Spideyzilla

I don't see them lying to him just to get him to stop. Possible though. It's more likely the whole thing was forged. As for Weisman's response, that may be the best thing I've ever read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.