1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Forum Q & A

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

This is a new, largely untested message board, operated by someone with no prior experience or training at all (me). Naturally, there are a few oddball things that we'll have to iron out together (that's why it says Beta up there).

For one thing, regarding avatars: I don't know why there is no option to type in a link to your own, and I don't know how to make it appear. The posts will have to remain icon-less until somebody with smarts joins this board and tells me what's going on.

There also appears to be no way to adjust the avatar size limit, which stands right now at an annoying 80X80. Yet plenty of other sites using the vBulletin program have been able to adjust this. Just not me. Yet. (Any help out there?)

One more thing: the style is this plain because it's the default style. If it were up to me, the board would look like this:

http://www.vbdesigns.de/demo/?styleid=11
    Isn't that baaaad? It's a free style, too--yet the download page didn't work. I actually had to enter in the name of every graphic that is used to make that style one by one and save them (there's about sixty parts in there). After much meticulous work, it turned out like this:

http://www.platypuscomix.net/forums/index.php?styleid=2
    Now, there's obviously something wrong, but I can't find what it is. And YOU can't find it either, because something in the code disables right-clicking (this is also the case on the original page).

Hopefully many of these issues can be resolved, and hopefully you won't find more.

gfhbnm
    There, I used the Nelson graphic before you could.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

This is a new, largely untested message board, operated by someone with no prior experience or training at all (me). Naturally, there are a few oddball things that we'll have to iron out together (that's why it says Beta up there).

For one thing, regarding avatars: I don't know why there is no option to type in a link to your own, and I don't know how to make it appear. The posts will have to remain icon-less until somebody with smarts joins this board and tells me what's going on.

There also appears to be no way to adjust the avatar size limit, which stands right now at an annoying 80X80. Yet plenty of other sites using the vBulletin program have been able to adjust this. Just not me. Yet. (Any help out there?)

One more thing: the style is this plain because it's the default style. If it were up to me, the board would look like this:

http://www.vbdesigns.de/demo/?styleid=11
    Isn't that baaaad? It's a free style, too--yet the download page didn't work. I actually had to enter in the name of every graphic that is used to make that style one by one and save them (there's about sixty parts in there). After much meticulous work, it turned out like this:

http://www.platypuscomix.net/forums/index.php?styleid=2
    Now, there's obviously something wrong, but I can't find what it is. And YOU can't find it either, because something in the code disables right-clicking (this is also the case on the original page).

Hopefully many of these issues can be resolved, and hopefully you won't find more.

gfhbnm
    There, I used the Nelson graphic before you could.