New Boondocks eps start date!

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by delariean, Jan 14, 2014.

1. delariean

delariean New Member

In case you guys did not see the bump last night, The Boondocks will be premiering on April 21st at 10:30pm est.

Set them clocks ;)

2. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

So Boondocks and Jojo to look forward to

3. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

wait i thought coming back this january?

oh well i guess i can wait few months before it airs

4. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

They can play The Boondocks at 10:30pm? I thought perhaps the language would prevent that.

Too bad it isn't airing sooner but we've waited this long so what's a few more months?

5. The Talon

The Talon New Member

And our first teaser for The Boondocks Season 4 is here.

[video=youtube;jbC5onWnCKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbC5onWnCKk&list=UUgPClNr5VSYC3syrDUIlzLw[/video]

6. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

and that is all I needed.

7. Moto Pete

Moto Pete Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!

I need new episodes

8. Bakertoons

Bakertoons Don't break a Pinkie Promise.

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

I heard he only worked on the first few episodes.
    It's a good thing this is the last season. Show's are rarely good once the creator leaves. I'll have to see for myself, how unwatchable it'll get.

10. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

They pulled a Community.

11. Moto Pete

Moto Pete Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!

well maybe it will still be good.... But i can almost guarantee that because of the wait and anticipation they can't live up to that hype. But i'll still be watching

12. Super Sonic

Super Sonic Fastest Thing Alive

It's possible he still wrote most or all the episodes as per usual however - just that he wasn't involved in the production side due to his other obligations. I've suspected he wasn't involved ever since Regina's comments on Season 4 last year in an interview she did, where she pointed out issues she had with some Season 4 material before quickly mentioning it wasn't stuff written by Aaron. Which is very odd considering he's heavily involved in the writing of just about every episode of the series.

In any case it's clear he doesn't want to be involved in the show anymore.

By the way, there was a new teaser with actual footage from the new season that I saw the other night on Adult Swim, anyone else seen it?

13. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

I seen it, the stinkmeaner episode is gonna be great

14. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

Aw yeah! Looking forward to this. It's been so long since the last season of Boondocks. I'll finally have something to watch on Adult Swim other than Rick and Morty.

15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

I have to wonder exactly what happened between Aaron and the Boondocks. It can't be issues with Adult Swim as he's still making a Black Jesus live action series for them right (and considering the long production schedule of the show I doubt it's just a case of "you can't work on one without having to give up the other) so he must still be fine with them. Maybe he did just not want to work on the series anymore which is a shame really especially since I do think there were still places it could of gone even after this 4th season. I just hope that it will still be good despite the creator not being as directly involved which thinking about it is kind of rare for an AS original comedy series as those are usually quite creator controlled.

16. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

Wonder if the failed Uncle Ruckus Kickstarter was related to whatever happened?

17. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

As much as The Boondocks is my favorite epic adult comedy series ever, I'll so enjoy the new episodes in season 4 as much as Huey, Riley, Granddad(Robert), Uncle Ruckus, Tom(the series' buttmonkey), Sarah, Jazmine, Cindy, Ed Wuncler III, Gin Rummy, A Pimp Named Slickback, Colonel H. Stinkmeaner, Thugnificent, Leonard, and Ming Long-dou were awesome funny lovable characters.Both Riley, Granddad(Robert), Uncle Ruckus, Sarah, Cindy, Ed Wuncler, Sr., Colonel H. Stinkmeaner, and Ming Long-dou were my favorite entertaining obnoxious jerkoffs that made me laugh.I enjoyed the season 3 episodes A Date With The Booty Warrior and The Color Ruckus where Tom "Mans-Up" and kicks rapist prisoner butt and Uncle Ruckus standing up to his sucky/awful unlikable jerkoff father Mr. Ruckus, go Tom/Uncle Ruckus.Colonel H. Stinkmeaner's return in season 4 is gonna be epic/enjoyable, but I hope Sarah/Cindy will get major focus episodes along with Ming Long-dou to return.The Boondocks season 4 and Rick and Morty I'll be enjoying on Adult Swim:D.It's a shame that Aaron McGruder is not gonna be involved in The Boondocks series anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014