1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

New All-Ages Spider-Man Book, "Spidey," coming from Marvel

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by Frontier, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

If I heard correctly, they said the book would also be in-continuity with mainline Spider-Man. That in and of itself makes this project pretty interesting.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, so it's sort of in the same vein as Kurt Busiek's "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" in that it features in-canon stories centered on Peter's younger years as Spider-Man and potentially adding to it.

Of course, the content is a little limiting considering the timeframe being used but I'm interested to see what they do with it ;).

I'm also glad to see Marvel doing more all-ages books, and ones with potentially more effort put into them :).

4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

So this is more like the Marvel Adventures line, but the stories count. I like that idea. MA could have fun stuff going on, but because it was the "kids" line and wasn't part of the main universe, it didn't get the attention or sales that a traditional title would get. Hopefully the experiment works out well and Marvel sees the benefit of expanding their range of all-ages titles.

5. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

This sounds like it could be the Peter Parker Spider-Man I know and love, not the All Different, All Editoral nonsense which the book appears to be morphing into. I'm in!

6. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I wonder if they'll keep the Ultimate Spider-Man tie-in book around. I don't think there really needs to be two all-ages Spider-Man books on shelves, especially if one is just repackaged screen grabs from the cartoon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I enjoyed the "Learning To Crawl" 1.1-1.5 issues of Amazing Spider-Man. Since that would be the same time period as Spidey, I'm in. Since this is canon. I'm in. I don't think I like the title though. They couldn't have brought back Spectacular, Sensational, Web Of, Peter Parker, etc

8. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Dude, think of it as Spidey Super Stories for the 21st century, an alternative to the Ultimate Spider-Man dreck based on the TV show.

Will I invest $4 an issue? Remains to be seen.

9. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

This has the same SPIDEY logo used for Spidey Super Stories 1974-1981 which tied in the 1970's The Electric Company PBS Kids show at the time.