New about the Hubs Upfront 2013-14

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by StellaMagic, Feb 25, 2013.

1. StellaMagic

StellaMagic New Member

2. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

I'm hoping for Dan Vs to get renew for another season.

3. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

While additional seasons for the two main Hub shows that I watch, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and The Aquabats! Super Show, have already been confirmed, it will be interesting to see what other news will come out of this upfront (possibly Pinky and the Brain joining the line-up?)

4. soundmonkey44

soundmonkey44 Melancholic Man.

Looking forward to it, hope its a good one!

5. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

Here are my guess on what i'm expecting The Hub to confirm!

- Original programming content -

* Confirm the 2013-2014 release to have renews of (MLP: FiM, Pound Puppies, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, The Littlest Pet Shop, Dan VS., Transformers: Rescue Bots, Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters, The Aquabats Super Show, Family Game Night, and R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour)
    * Getting more info on "Spooksville" and "Sabrina, Secrets of a Teenage Witch", and to be set, and airing on The Hub in the Summer of 2013 (or likely June)!
    * The Hub will be revealing another Action show to the line-up (likely to be G.I. Joe, a new Transformers show, or Duegons & Dragons reboot)
    * Brand New Game Shows would be on The Hub, but only two game shows (and would have a release date in the Fall of 2013)
    * Furby might be getting a TV Show or TV Special in Q3 2014 (but will remain TBC til the near future), also confirming "Equestrian Girls" during the Upfront.

- Acquired Programming -

* The Hub to reveal another Primetime acquisition (or two of them), and would be joining on the channel sometime earlier in the middle of April or early of May.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
  6. StellaMagic

StellaMagic New Member

I'm hoping for Pinky and the Brain as well. You should see Brain Acres, Brinky, Snowball, It's a Jungle, and Brainwashed.

7. Sparkster24

I honestly don't think Pinky & The Brain would air as of now, it needs to take time. Besides, i think the reason why Animaniacs is on the line-up is either to celebrate it's 20th Anniversary. Plus, if they do consider Pinky & The Brain.. i think it would be more of an approach to air it in the Fall, and keep it a mystery for the channel.

8. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

I'm also hoping for Dan vs to be renewed.

As for Pinky and the Brain, I'd say wait a while until Animaniacs has gone a few rotations, just so it gets its Hublicity

9. Butterstar

Butterstar Bring Sakura back to the US!

Expectations:

-More old primetime shows (I really wanna see My So-Called Life again and don't have Sundance Channel, so please Hub? The only concern is some of the more sexual themes but I think they would fit over a TV-PG rating.)

-More information on Equestria Girls

-I know I beg for this every time there's an upfront, but please Hub, can you get Sgt. Frog? Pleeeease?

10. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

I'm not so sure about Dungeons & Dragons- last I heard, that's the property of Disney. If there ever is a Dungeons & Dragons reboot, it would be on Disney XD.

11. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Who Owns Classic '80s Dungeons & Dragons?

Hasbro owns Wizards Of The Coast who owns Dungeons & Dragons. Marvel Productions produced the '80s cartoon Dungeons & Dragons which looks like this:

[​IMG]

When Disney bought Marvel Productions it became up for debate about who owns what. It might be that Disney "owns" the characters from the show and Hasbro "owns" the name. Of course when Disney XD was showing D&D that was before The Hub premiered and it hasn't been on since. However, Hasbro and IDW are putting out a D&D comic that looks like this:

IDW's 'Dungeons & Dragons' Will Make You Save Versus Awesome - ComicsAlliance | Comic book culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

Having not read the comic, just from looking at the pictures it already looks like a poor man's Lord of the Rings with the fake Gimili, wannabe blond Hank/Legolas, token Black female thief fulfilling two roles oh and what looks to be the 2 horned love child of Sheila and Venger:shrug:.
    It's like they wanted to fool people's eyes into believing that they were actually getting an updated D&D cartoon or LOTR.

*Sigh* I'd rather they made an adaptation of the classic show. I wish they made a big budget live action version of the cartoon and not that cheap movie with Marlon Wayans or its Sci-Fi Channel original movie looking sequels.

I wish they'd get Record of Lodoss War. I'd LOVE a remake of D&D. That would be amazing!:anime:

12. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!

It might look like that but it reads more like Ocean's Eleven in a fantasy setting than anything else. Think of it as the hybrid love child of Indiana Jones, the Princess Bride, and The Sting. John Rogers said his guiding principle in writing the series was to do a heist book in the D&D world rather than the usual thee thou big Fantasy plot coupon quest-y thing. It's one of the smartest, funniest, fastest comics on the stands and I love it, and if all they did was bring it to TV in animated form it'd be one of the top 5 shows on the air today.

There's a truism worth mentioning about books and covers here, though I don't quite remember what it is ;).

13. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

Double Your D&Ds! Double Your Fun

The real question is how well is the D&D comic selling? Cause if it ain't selling, Hasbro won't want to risk making it a show. As of right now the D&D cartoon is the more well known of the 2. Although there's no reason that both shows can't exist or maybe they can co-exist like the IDW D&D cast lives in The Realm where the '80s D&D is stranded. Don't know how that would work internally, but I'd be willing to settle for it if it brought back the original show.

I skimmed through the original post so fast that I didn't even catch the Sabrina: Secrets Of A Teenage Witch mention! I'd like to see it. It can't be worse than Archie's Weird Mysteries which only succeeded in stripping most of the supporting cast of their negative traits:mad:. But the idea that Sabrina FINALLY gets to do some serious magic and not just hum-drum Riverdale stuff is intriguing.

The Hub to Air Moonscoop's New 'Sabrina' Show | Animation Magazine

Not a fan of the character design so far. Maybe it'll look better once it's animated

[​IMG]

Now Archie and Sabrina have both been remade when will Josie & The Pussycats get their chance? If Sabrina's a success.........

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  14. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

It's selling pretty poorly, but single-issue sales really aren't a useful metric for smaller series.

15. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!

Even less so in this case because issue #15 was the last one of the John Rogers/Andrea DiVito series I was referring to above. Rogers was changing gears to do some TV work, so the series that followed was a new title (not received well by the market, it seems). However, even taking that into consideration, Hasbro could choose to look at that and say, "Nobody wants to see that story" or they could say, "Hey, it means nobody's seen that story so if we push it out we'll get a nice bump in sales of the reprints." Mostly depends on whether they're looking for an excuse to greenlight a new D&D series or kill it, and I don't have enough insight either way to guess which is more likely.

16. Trekbr

Trekbr Guest

I know it's a long shot but I'm hoping Hub will grab the rights to Smallville and that's their major announcement.

17. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

Just saying, but Smallville isn't really all that family oriented in the long run. That would be like asking for Charmed to come to The Hub...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

18. Sparkster24

I've just checked... it's actually on March 20th (well... in Chicago)... and it's also on the term "Discovery Networks", so we could expect some announcements this time around!

19. StellaMagic

StellaMagic New Member

Where's your source?