1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nelvana launches free Youtube channel for older content

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Takao, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Storygamer88

Storygamer88 New Member

The video and page doesn't load for me, so I cant even see the channel person's link - will this return/is there a way to see it now? I like official Youtube channels a lot with actual content. Its nice to know I'm watching legally.

2. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

We shouldn't expect Beetlejuice because that one comes from Warner Bros. (it's based on a movie, after all). As for Eek! the Cat, it's more likely under the Fox Children's Productions catalog which appears to be owned by Disney, but it's unclear if they still do.

3. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

The channel was updated last month. They're just playing around with regional availability for some of the playlists.

I'm not really sure what the thought process behind this channel is. Corus streams old Nicktoons on YTV's official YouTube channel, even though it would make more sense here.

4. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Hmm. On my end the last updated video was the Bob and Margaret episode "Outward Bound", uploaded on 6/1/17. Those Wayside episodes you linked to were originally uploaded back in 2015, even if the playlist changed recently.

The channel started out strong but I feel like they've either lost interest or they've hit their limit on what they're allowed to upload in terms of rights. Either way, it's a shame.