[NDS] Pokemon Black & White 2 Pre-Release Discussion (With Anime Cutscenes and 3DS Enhancements)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vyse, Dec 18, 2011.

?

The next Pokemon game after the Nobunaga's Ambition crossover is...

1. Pokemon Grey (aka the 5th gen director's cut)

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Pokemon G6 (6th generation, most likely 3DS)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pokemon TCG returns to portable devices

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pokemon Pinball comeback

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Pokemon Ranger 4 (most likely a 3DS title)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. A Wii U title

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. new Mystery Dungeon title

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pokemon Snap 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Pokemon puzzle game (Puzzle League/Trozei/other)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Pokemon Stadium title w/ Black & White

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  11. Something else not listed here

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Vyse

Vyse New Member

So, with the newest Pokemon game revealed to be a crossover with a relatively-unknown-in-the-West SRPG from Koei, it is time to resume speculation and discussion on what the next Pokemon game will be. Whether it will be the director's cut of Pokemon Black & White we assume to be called Pkemon Grey, the 6th generation of Pokemon that will 95% likely end up on the 3DS, a spin-off game, or some other weird thing, this thread will serve said discussion/speculation, and will transition into said game's pre-release talkback.

Oh, yeah, there is also a poll loaded with options based around this list on Wikipedia. This poll does exclude options for Pokemon Rumble & PokePark titles because both had/have new installments come out within the year

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Hearing Nobunaga's Ambition called unknown makes me feel old. It was pretty popular back in the late 80s, early 90s.

Anyway, now that the cat's out of the bag I think they'll just get weirder and weirder. So the next game will be an RPG crossover with the Persona series. If you think about it, it makes sense, similar monster collecting concepts and all. Who hasn't wanted to pit their Pikachu against Jack Frost?

Disclaimer: This post may be wishful thinking.

Actually, I figure it's high time for a 3DS Pokemon Stadium, right?

3. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I assume the next game will be Gray, but I'd be up for a crossover with Musou. :p

4. Lelouch

Lelouch Fallen Prince

Why don't they release an open world type game for the Wii? There can be a main quest but tons of different smaller quests on the side (like Skyrim) and you can format your team however you want. I think that'd be pretty fun to play...but the chances of it happening? Probably slim.

5. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

They brought over Trozei, they brought over Mystery Dungeon, so there's no reason to think they won't bring over Nobunaga whether the series is obscure or not.

As for the next game, yeah, it's bound to be Grey/Sepia/Monochrome/ect. What I don't see is Rb/Sa remakes coming out until at least the 6th gen. People can still connect the GBA games to the 4th gen games; it'd be a bit too weird to have those games have another direct connection to Hoenn.

6. Vyse

Vyse New Member

Please keep all Pokemon + Nobunaga discussion at the Pokemon + Nobunaga thread. I will address your comment about Nobunaga there within 24 hours (yay me being the last comment on that thread as of this post!). Same with yours, Shawn.

As for the next Pokemon game, I honestly think it will be Grey/Gray (either spelling is correct) but I want to see them revive Pokemon Pinball with the help of Zen Studios. Zen has done a good job on virtual pinball with the Pinball FX/Zen Pinball games and their licensed Marvel Pinball tables. They even have licensed tables in Pinball FX/Pinball FX2 and Zen Pinball with Street Fighter, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & Ms. Splosion Man (excluding Marvel Pinball actually being add-ons for PFX2 in this situation because MP was mentioned already). I think it would be cool to see them make either a full-fledged Pokemon Pinball game or even put a Pokemon-themed pinball table for eShop title Zen Pinball 3D if possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
  7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

That would be pretty awesome, but I'm not sure if they go that route since they have the Stadium games so you can connect your Pokemon teams from the handheld games to the console so you can see them battling on TV. I would totally love it if they included just the storymode from Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness in a remake of those games for the 3DS though. Those were really fun games and it would be cool to play them on the new 3DS system.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the next game will be Pokemon Gray. Even though I would have liked to see R/S remakes first, I think that the timing makes more sense given that the third version of each generation are released around two years after the first two games. Plus, the next movie is going to star Kyurem, which has been speculated to be the mascot of the third version for a long time. It also looked for a moment in the trailer for the movie that there was some item that could give Kyurem an alternate form, similar to Giratina. Since the movie is going to be released in July and the main Pokemon games have been released in September since Emerald, it would make a lot of sense for Gray to be the next new game after this crossover game. Seeing Kyurem and its possible alternate form would be a good way to hyping up the new game and get kids excited to buy it, similar with the Giratina and the Sky Warrior movie.

I do think that R/S remakes could come after Gray and before the sixth generation games. I think it depends on how long they want the fifth generation to be and how long they've been working on the sixth generation games. It's just a matter of time in my opinion for those remakes to come around. Whenever they do come out, I'm pretty sure that it will be for the 3DS. I also like the idea of FireRed and LeafGreen being remade at some point, especially when it gets harder to get the first generation Pokemon and when the batteries of the old GBA games start dying. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, but the idea of remaking the first generation games again for the franchise's twentieth anniversary does sound pretty awesome to me.

8. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Gray for sure. We know how it works by now. Hopefully it will be for 3DS and they'll put in extra touches because of it.

9. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

Still holding out for the Pokémon Stadium/Battle Revolution game with Black and White Support. Maybe as a launch game for the WiiU since it does seem like Nintendo is focusing their attention on the WiiU more than Wii, which does explain why a game like Xenoblade is going to be sold at both GameStop and Nintendo's online store.

10. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

I don't think I'm ready for remakes of remakes yet. Personally, I want Pokemon Snap 2, both the 3DS and Wii U seem perfect for that sort of thing. I have a lot of nostalgia for the original seeing as it was my first video game.

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I don't think FireRed and LeafGreen would be remade for another four or five years at the earliest. I could see them doing it eventually for like a celebration of the franchise's twentieth anniversary, but definitely not within this generation. It would probably be around the sixth or seventh generation, but that's just my guess. They would probably have to remake those games eventually to help people get the Kanto Pokemon, give kids new to the franchise the chance to experience the first Pokemon games with some upgrades and so that they have all of the generations playable on one system like they did with the DS. I'm pretty sure that R/S remakes would come out well before remakes of FireRed and LeafGreen do.

I would definitely love a Pokemon Snap 2 for the 3DS. The game was a lot of fun, even though the concept itself of just taking pictures of Pokemon was kind of weird, and it would be so much fun to play a sequel with all of the different Pokemon from the various generations.

12. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

One thing I would love to see is Nintendo release a free Pokewalker app on the eShop when the first mainline Pokemon on the 3DS comes out and make it compatible with every later game in the series. It could even be used to transfer Pokemon between your own games within your system.

13. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Next Pokemon game to be announced this Sunday?

From Junichi Masuda's Twitter:

So, something very important will be announced by the series director this Sunday on Pokemon Smash (formerly Pokemon Sunday). Pokemon Grey? Ruby/Sapphire remakes? Pokedex 3D update? Who knows, but it's supposed to be big.

Tune in! And make sure you check with your proper time zone!

14. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Pokemon Grey would be awesome! Then again, remakes of the Gen III games would be, too! Well, here's hoping it's one of these two, I guess!

15. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Agreed. As amusing as conquering Sengoku-era Japan with Pokemon sounds, I'd like a real Pokemon game. And for the 3DS, please.

16. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

I'm predicting either Gray Version more than a Ruby/Sapphire remake, cause it makes a little bit more sense to have the 3rd version out before the remakes of a previous generation.

17. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Go green!

I hope Hoenn remakes are next, honestly. I kind of liked that they waited with Emerald. That came out in America in 2005, after FireRed and LeafGreen had been released in 2004. Having that break from Ruby/Sapphire made going back to Hoenn feel fresher than it would have otherwise. I still think they should have waited on Platinum. When that came out, I was still burned out from Diamond/Pearl, and when HeartGold and SoulSilver came out the next year, I pretty much ignored the Sinnoh games and never went back to them. So I'm all for a little break from Unova to revisit Hoenn. Though I have a bit of a bias, I guess; Hoenn's my favorite region and Unova is my least.

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

Even though I think that there are more signs pointing towards Grey coming out this year, I definitely wouldn't mind having a break from Unova by going through Hoenn again. It would be fun to travel through an older region again, especially with the kind of update graphics and new aspects to the storyline that HG/SS had, and it would help to make returning to Unova feel like a new experience after playing through another region. I think that's one reason why I would like to see those remakes released first, but I don't think that's going to happen this year.

I'm leading towards either announcing Grey or showing Kyurem in its alternate form. As much as I'd like to see Ruby/Sapphire remakes, I think that there are more signs pointing towards this announcement relating to a third version game. Kyurem's role in the upcoming movie would make this an ideal time to reveal its alternate form so they can use the movie as a way to get kids excited for the new game, similar to Giratina's role in the second DP movie. Plus, I think that there were some lines from an issue of Coro Coro that talked about Kyurem's hidden power. I could see them releasing Ruby/Sapphire remakes somewhere down the line though.

19. PC!

PC! lolwut?

20. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

Here's the website for the games:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

This is extremely awesome and a huge surprise. I was just expecting a new forum or a Grey announcement at the very best, but this is just unbelievablely cool. I don't know if anyone expected something like this. I definitely didn't. The titles give me the impression that they're sequels to Black and White, which would be a different take than the usual two versions and a third version. I'd love to hear what kind of storyline these games will have, especially to see if/how Team Plasma/N factors into it and how it will affect the anime. Now, I can set up a second Pokemon for one of these versions. I hope that they expand the Unova region since it did feel really short compared to some of the other regions. Though, I still think that coming to Unova after D/P/Pl and HG/SS played a factor in that issue.

I'm also surprised that they're releasing the games in June since they've been releasing games in the main series in the fall for quite some time. Though, they've already broke tradition by just having two new versions in the same generation. I wonder if that means these versions will be released in other countries within this year. This is just amazing and I simply can't wait to hear more news about these games.