1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

NBA "2014-15 Season" Talkback

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by dmxx116, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

2. Magus

Magus The Boss

Because the west is so stacked and the east is trying to find that 1 star I've been shocked by quite a few things so far.

-Warriors and Blazers are some scary teams.
    -I expect OKC to jump up to at least 7th by the time the playoffs start
    -Hawks and Toronto, I didn't see them coming at all.
    -I expected Miami to still be good, but they're a disappointment
    -I didn't expect Cleveland to be able to gel right away, but I certainly thought they be at least #2 or #3 (but then again, being #5 they still have a shot)
    -Chicago is my pick, but at the same time I don't know
    -Detroit is on performance enhancers or something. Beat Mavs and Spurs. 7-0 since getting rid of Smith. Other than Miami I haven't seen how the Bucks and the Nets have been playing so I don't know if they will actually be able to make the playoffs or not, but this certainly gives me hope for next season.

I know there won't be too much talk about the NBA, at least not while the NFL playoffs are going on but I thought there would be more talk than this.

3. dmxx116

4. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well he promised to never eat again until the Lakers won a game earlier. Maybe it's his way of rallying the Knicks ;)

Then again the Knicks are an embarrassment of epic tire fire proportions so it probably won't work. And Charles isn't alone, the NY Post I believe is giving one of their sports beat writers one month off of reporting Knicks games and actually send him to watch good basketball.

5. dmxx116

It time for TNT to fire this damn loser Barkley he offer nothing in terms of insight on Basketball he a waste of everybody damn on TNT and even to his coworkers. You want the Knicks off the air so I want you off the damn air to Barkley.

6. dmxx116

Phil Jackson better do his damn job this off season he to get rid of everybody on this roster that is not Melo. If I was Phil I pay them the rest of money for the season for not doing their job.

7. dmxx116

8. dmxx116

Can the Rockets & Hawks just forfeit the rest of the series & can we bump the start of the damn Finals to next week please?

9. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

The Rockets are trying.

10. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Based on that last game it doesn't look like they tried very hard. Atlanta made it interesting by at least getting to overtime tonight but they're just outgunned. I can't remember the last time I've seen a Conference Final not only one sided but filled with such inevitability like this year. And on both sides too.

11. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

12. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

The NBA's terrible inconsistency on flagrant fouls this postseason was really pitiful. To wit, Taj Gibson kicks his leg free and he gets a Flagrant 2, JR Rider backhands a guy in the face and gets a Flagrant 2 and two-game suspension, Al Horford swings his elbow in retaliation and gets a Flagrant 2, and Howard swings in retaliation and gets a Flagrant 1. Some of those calls were okay, but some were just absolutely awful in retrospect. It feels like 2007 again.

13. dmxx116

14. dmxx116

GS Warriors is the fake Champions of the 2014/2015 NBA season who beat out body to win the title.

And Andre Iguodala is the Finals MVP over the overrated as a basketball Stephen Curry he even the best player on the planet.

#14 dmxx116, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
  15. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Really? Winning championships aren't easy and never go smoothly. Look at every championship team you could easily find a "Well if this guy was healthy it would have gone different" Or some such nonsense in their run. Golden State, the real 2015 champions ;) I know a guy at work who is going to be very happy.

Also Iguodala was able to hem in Lebron James and helped reignite the offense once he started. Sounds Finals MVP worthy

16. dmxx116

If OKC and Cavs was heathy this year they would have never beat them. And one more thing GS ain't winning it next year this will be the title Curry will ever win so overrated. And I stand by everything I say.

17. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe, maybe not, GS was number 1 team throughout the season, 1 in offense and defense I believe. A healthy OKC or Cleveland aren't exactly beating this team automatically.

18. dmxx116

James, Irving,KD and Westbrook and just flat better ball player then Curry he not beating them next year.

19. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Too bad its a team game right ;)

20. dmxx116

If someone overpaid for the undersized Draymomd Green this offseason GS are in trouble bigtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.