1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

NBA "2007-08" Season, Playoffs and Finals Talkback

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by bigddan11, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

I missed the 1st half, was there any talk of the Seattle lawsuit during the pregame? By the way, I was wondering why Celt fans booed the commish. Anyone know what that was all about? I'm hoping they were booing on behalf of Sonics fans.

Congrats to the C's. Unfortunately now we have to endure Chowd Nation. Beantowners have been spoiled on titles this decade: BoSox (2), Pats (3), Celts (1). Are the Bruins next? I can take pleasure in knowing my NY Football Giants punk'd the Bradys a few months back.

BTW Garnett, spazz much?
    KG was channeling James Cagney: "Made it Ma! TOP OF THE WORLD!!!"

I don't like the C's (NYer at heart still) but I'm glad for Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, & Glenn "Doc" Rivers. In some way, part of this title belongs to Seattle since they dealt "Ray Ray" to Boston.

another photo of Clay Bennett, thank you AP

[​IMG]

Edit by Bird Boy: Please quit double/triple posting in a row. The edit button is your friend!

2. Ajax

Ajax Active Member

Lol no offense my friend..but shockingly basketball does not revovle around the city of Seattle so when something happens its not because of Seattle or does it have to do with Seattle. People were booing the commish because the NBA hasnt really been doing so hot PR wise (it has a lot more to do with the Refs and not Stern stealing the sonics in the night).

actually part of the title belongs to Mchale for sending Garnett to Boston for 20c on the dollar. KG was the one guy who mattered the most in that trade...Ray Ray was just the cherry on top.

3. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

Edit by Bird Boy: Please quit double/triple posting in a row. The edit button is your friend![/quote]

FYI: I know how to use the edit button however the threads only process 1 edit per post therefore i'm unable to multi-edit

4. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

Actually, I have edited a post 6 times before, so multiple edits are allowed.

Anyway, the NBA Draft is coming up on ESPN and ESPN Radio next week, but I've never figured out why they choose to do their draft on Thursday. I realize that Thursday is the second most watched night of television (behind only Sunday), but having the draft on weekdays limits the number of people that can watch, especially with the start time.