1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Naruto Shippuden" Disney XD Talkback: Three-Tails Arc

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by bleachj0j, Aug 20, 2011.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #Toonami - Saturdays 11pm-4am!

Disney just sent out a schedule revision. The episode that was supposed to air last week will now air this Saturday at 11pm, so it appears all unaired episodes are just being moved back one week.

2. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

That's usually what happens and I think people would be a little less irritated by it if they would give some indication when Naruto is going to be pre-empted but I guess other than updating grids there's not much they can do or would care to do in that regard.

3. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

Never got a revised schedule showing that change.

We DID get a schedule change from XD yesterday. "The Unseeing Enemy" (#244) is being shown this weekend (Oct. 1) in the 11:00 pm slot.

I guess that means the skip is being made up.

4. Burgundy Ranger

Another pre-emption. The new episode scheduled for Sat Oct 15 (#246 - "The Target Appears") has been pulled from the schedule. A Suite Life On Deck rerun takes its place.

But, in textbook Disney fashion, they don't "finish the move." Episode 247 is still the one on the Oct 22 schedule. But that SHOULD be rectified soon.

5. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Things aren't looking good for Shippuden.:sweat:

6. Lord Mawdryn

Lord Mawdryn Board Bad Boy

Preempting an episode of a low-rated show with one from a higher-rated show?

Totally nuts...they must want bigger ratings or something.
    [​IMG]

7. Swolenator

Swolenator New Member

sigh why must they always do this. this is the only show on their channel worth watching and they keep screwing around with it.

8. Lord Mawdryn

Even after the move to late Saturday nights, I was still optimistic about Naruto on Disney XD until they started preempting it in favor of reruns of other Disney shows. Now I think its days are numbered there...

9. Mohji

Mohji Member

Especially since Viz started pitching the show to other networks.

10. Lord Mawdryn

I see that as being a result of Viz may have seen the writing on the wall with Disney XD and decided to take matters in their own hands.

11. Sketch

Another pre-emption?

I guess people should just start expecting it to air every other Saturday at this point.

The most current (or soon to be released) box set and the iTunes feed as of last I checked ended at 100. If they make it past 100 I will be surprised. If they make it beyond 104, I'll be shocked. If they finish the current filler and make it to 113, then they might actually have the third season already but that scenario seems quite unlikely at this point.

12. Burgundy Ranger

Yesterday, we got the e-mail shifting the Naruto schedule back one week -- "finishing the move" so to speak.

But that hardly kept them from starting ANOTHER move. Now, they've yanked Naruto from the Oct 22 schedule as well -- this time for Phineas & Ferb.

13. Lord Mawdryn

I swear I'm getting a sense of deja vu, that this is how Cartoon Network ended Naruto when they had it--with preemptions before they quietly pulled it from their schedule altogether.

14. Sketch

Pre-empted two weeks in a row? It really looks like it's over folks.

I could argue they're pre-empting because it's around Halloween but there's no reason they couldn't be airing the show at 11PM on a Saturday around Halloween. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they burned through the episodes they've been pushing back on October 29th as an out of the blue mini-marathon.

It's painfully clear they're not going to air "season 3" and the iTunes feed apparently stopped at episode 100.

15. Lord Mawdryn

Another week, another preemption--this time for more Pineas & Ferb repeats (because sixteen times wasn't enough P&F over the course of two days--they just absolutely needed a seventeenth airing to make it right)...
    :anime:

16. FTPC

FTPC Member

Now Wikipedia says 98 "The Target Appears" October 29, 2011 for tonight how ever but my tv giude says Phineas & ferb at 11pm. I hope my tv giude is mistaken

17. Morac

Morac Infrequent Poster

Tribune's data still shows that Naruto is on for tonight. So if it is being preempted again, Disney didn't tell the biggest guide listing service.

18. FTPC

FTPC Member

19. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Yeah....I think it's safe to say that Disney XD is done with Naruto. I'm not that surprised considering how they been treating the show to begin with.

Maybe Nicktoons can adopt it..?

20. Butterstar

Butterstar Bring Sakura back to the US!

Dang. Naruto failed on TV twice. Both due to poor scheduling.
    Lance (Sym-Bionic Titan): Join the club.