1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Naruto Shippuden" Disney XD Talkback: Faraway Reunion Arc

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by bleachj0j, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

Stare...

BONANZA TITLE SEQUENCE NO JUTSU!

2. bleachj0j

bleachj0j Demon Slayer in training

Disney in all their wisdom should of aired this weeks ago because it feels like a season finale. Instead "Blue Bird" is delayed till next week.:mad:

3. Kitschensyngk

"Crying won't bring Sasuke back."
    You oughta know.

You've still got Scab Sasuke. That's worth something.

Everybody! Welcome the failures, they have failed again...

CURSE YOU WIKILEAKS!!

4. bleachj0j

How does team Kakashi keep getting missions when they always fail?

5. Kitschensyngk

I believe this constitutes a FRIENDSHIP ROCKS!!

Next episode: Is Sasuke on drugs?

6. bleachj0j

I'm sorry but Iruka and the 3rd Hokage accpted Naruto way before Sasuke ever did.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

And next week: filler arc. Yay.:shrug:

Oh well, it isn't the worst filler arc ever, I guess.

8. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Filler begins next week too, but they do a better job of it compared to previous filler arcs. This will be taking up the anime until episode 71.

Shippuden's filler arcs expand on the source material, giving side characters the spotlight and do extra worldbuilding. The filler arc coming up also has some decent fights.

Episode 72 will begin as filler and switch to canon about halfway through. We will then continue through canon for a while, Canon's going to be great stuff because Shippuden will hit its stride at last, and even the filler is generally awesome. Shippuden's lethargic pacing will be gone because the filler we're about to go through allowed the manga to get far enough ahead for the anime to proceed at something resembling normal pacing.

Also, opening 4, which begins soon after the switch to canon, is the second-best opening in the series. The best? That would be opening 6, which won't be for a long time yet.

But the filler we're about to get trumps all of the filler in the original Naruto series. ALL OF IT.

9. Dark Edge

Dark Edge Member

Ya know Im probably excited for seeing "Blue Bird" on my TV but its sorta awesome Shippuden is on TV in HD.

10. Inkan1969

Inkan1969 Member

No kidding?

That really is the title of this episode? "Title"? You mean the dubbers didn't just forget to write the title in the space reserved for it?

11. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #Toonami - Saturdays 11pm-4am!

Yes, that's the actual title. You'll understand why it's called that if you see the episode.

12. Inkan1969

Inkan1969 Member

Title: "Title"

Actually, I'm not quite sure. I don't think I caught anyone mentioning any particular title (greatest fighter? Orochimaru's star pupil?) that the title "Title" is referring to.

Well, that was a bust. But I guess they can't do anything else. If they do catch Sasuke and reform him, the show's all over. Same if they kill him instead. So all they can do is just go back home. No progress at all. :sweat:

Sae is so conceited. "No worries, you got ME on your side." :D

Is the Kyubi's power really such a "NO"? When Naruto foxxed out, I was thinking about how awesome the power level was. Could Naruto learn to harness the 9-tails' power so that he could use it and stay rational?

I wonder if Valerie Plame is in that envelope. How come Danso wasn't immediately arrested? He went rogue and disclosed important secrets.

Classy, Naruto. The love of Sakura's life just broke her heart, and you put the moves on her. You could always use a sexy-jutsu clone for your date. :D

13. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #Toonami - Saturdays 11pm-4am!

Oh, if you've already seen it, I guess I can tell you then (didn't want to spoil anything for you). I'll put it in a spoiler box, though, in case others haven't watched it yet:

14. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Guys thought I just mention that the next filler arc is actually a verryyyy good one and it's pretty short of only 12 episodes.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I dunno. I wouldn't call it great, although it beats pretty much all the filler from the first series. And this upcoming filler arc has some scenes from the manga, which helps a bit.

16. Beefy

Beefy It only hurts forever

I always thought that Saucedke would reconsider being with Orochimaru after finally learning that Orochimaru plans to steal his body.

But no, Saucedke doesn't seem to care. Any reason to even bother trying to save him is pretty much gone.

About the only amusing part of these past few episodes was him bossing Orochimaru around and Kabuto getting bent out of shape about it.

17. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Please tell me your Sasuke name typos are a joke.:p

18. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

I like these episodes, I loved the Sasuke confrontation and I like the Sai is warming up to his team and is willing to even reach out and become friends with his stable mates. Or is he? God I love this show! As far as the upcoming filler arc goes, it's cool, I'm not anti-filler like a lot of people since I feel that it gives us a chance to see another side of the characters that we missed out on seeing in the manga and in certain canon episodes, it's kind of nice actually and sometimes they hit us with a really cool story like the upcoming 3-Tails arc (ep 89+).

19. Dark Edge

Dark Edge Member

I too like fillers.

Anyway....

NARUTO Shippuden
    "Long Awaited Reunion".....END