1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Naruto Shippuden" Disney XD Talkback: Faraway Reunion Arc

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by bleachj0j, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

Whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

FIGHT ALREADY!!!

2. bleachj0j

bleachj0j Demon Slayer in training

Sakura do something!

3. Kitschensyngk

You're making him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Oh, come on. It's boring sitting down here in this cage all day.

Wait--how did he--what is he---???

"I'll get you next time, Naruto. Next time." :evil:

As I said before, grab a large mallet, knock him out, stuff him in a bag and drag him back to the Leaf Village!

"What part of 'leave me alone, you're not my mom, I hate you' don't you understand?"

"TITLE"?! THAT'S the name of the next episode?! First "Untitled" and now "TITLE"?! What's next, "The Name of the Next Episode"?

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Great! Still, part of me hopes that they skip the filler.

5. SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX Active Member

Well, the thing about the filler is that it gives much-needed screentime to the side characters. Plus, in terms of pacing and animation, I'd say the next filler arc is better than the two canon arcs preceding it.

6. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

Well at least Naruto Shippuden is going to continue this fall on Disney XD at 9pm, I would rather that than have to watch the show at 2:30 or whatever silly time was being thrown around a few weeks back, or worse, not at all. Is it still going to be on Wednesday night's or is the network changing the day of the week it airs? I personally think the show would do much better on Thursday or Saturday nights, that way it isn't stuck in the middle of the week and they aren't up against something like CN's Monday and Friday night premiers.

7. Dark Edge

Dark Edge Member

Wait thats pretty far......I dont understand but I hope that they give a 4 episode premiere like they did season 1. I just hope that they finish the last episode of season 1 next week.....because Avengers doesnt start til next month it says so the 8:30 spot is still available....I hope...or they just move Shippuden to 9:00.

8. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I just noticed something, and I don't think it's a coincidence. Disney XD does not show Naruto Shippuden before 8PM (EDT). This is just speculation on my part, but I'm guessing that this was a condition of Disney XD airing it (at all, much less with Viz's own amendments). I checked my digital cable listings, and I didn't see any other airtimes for the show.

Also, I understand there's been speculation that Disney XD might cancel their broadcast of the show. IMHO, it wouldn't surprise me if they actually did contemplate that. Mind you, this really shouldn't even be airing on here at all, but I digress.

So, it looks like they're going to keep showing new episodes for now, but anything can happen. Now, I'm not sure, but it looks like the hiatus begins this coming week, and thus won't actually resume until Oct. 27th.

9. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #Toonami - Saturdays 11pm-4am!

It'll be staying on Wednesdays, it seems (Oct. 27 is a Wednesday).

Yesterday's episode was the season finale. Disney considers the first 52 episodes to be Season 1. Episode 53 (airing Oct. 27) will be the start of Season 2.

10. Dark Edge

Dark Edge Member

........Wait what?!

11. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

I love this episode, this was one of my favorite episodes of Naruto ever and a big part of it was the confrontation between Naruto and Sasuke when Sasuke flew down from the ledge and almost stabbed him with his sword only to be blocked by Sai, that was a pretty powerful moment that has been the subject of many AMV's on YouTube. Watching Sasuke stab Yamato is always breathtaking as well, there is just something about the entire confrontation going on in this episode that really makes me totally get behind the characters and the series as a whole, I just freakin' love it.

12. Beefy

Beefy It only hurts forever

I thought Yamato had a wood clone. So why did it go poof like a shadow clone instead of turning back into wood?

13. Dark Edge

Dark Edge Member

Actually thats due to FCC regulation, due to extremely graphic and violent nature of NARUTO when it was on CN the FCC had to take action and put many restrictions on NARUTO such as giving it the TV-PG rating and only allowing airtimes at night so no matter what channel Shippuden is on it will still be treated the way it is on DXD.

They wont cancel Shippuden anytime soon IMO, because unlike CN DisneyABC always finish what they started*(meaning with CN they usually unexpectedly just cancel a series or just stop giving it new episodes sometimes that is while with DisneyABC they either finish an series or give an good enough ending except for the exception of the Spectacular Spider Man). IMO.

14. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

FCC regulations do not apply to cable.

15. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

FCC BROADCAST regulations don't apply to cable. There are federal government regulations that apply to cable networks, but nowhere near as many as for broadcast and (I think) almost none as regards to content.

16. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The only rule I can even think of is not having commercials for a product during the time it's on the air (CN got hit with years a few years back when they accidentally aired a Transformers toy commercial during whatever iteration of the show they were airing at the moment).

Do they have commercial time rules for cable?

17. bleachj0j

Disney has been running promos of the new season. Looks like they have it in HD now.

18. bleachj0j

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wed Oct 27 - 9:00 - 201 - Title
    Sasuke's desire for revenge remains firm, no matter how hard Naruto tries to talk him out of it. Yamato tries to take Sasuke by force, but interference by Orochimaru brings things to a quick close.

Naruto Shippuden is back with new episodes. so everyone enjoy.

If people didn't see the promo it seems disney will at least air through the next 2 arcs

19. Kitschensyngk

And they still let naked crucified Sasuke slip in the intro.

Sorry, kids. This sucka goin' DOWN!

20. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

"Blue Bird" is next episode IIRC. It's one of the more polarizing openings in the Western fandom, with some loving it and others finding it overrated, if not disliking it.

Episode 53's animation looks kinda stilted so far. And Sasuke is as obstinate as ever.