Naruto Shippuden Anime Talkback (Episodes 180+)

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by RockmanDash, Oct 8, 2010.

1. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

[​IMG]

Opening 8(Diver): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruTeFgsHS80
    Ending 16(Mayonaka No Midnight Orchestra): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c7oRYubo6Q&feature=related

The battle between Naruto and Pain has ended and our hero has been left with Nagato's resolve to make the ninja world a better place. Now the village is being repaired and soon after a good number of filler episodes ahead, the next canon arc will begin..​

Notes: Naruto Shippuden filler ends in February so get ready for some good canon!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  2. Mett

Mett New Member

I don't like how they are doing the filler, they are sprinkling in bits of the main story, then doing filler meaning I can't just totally skip it and have to watch it for the main story parts :(

3. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I'm so behind. >_< Maybe I'll catch up when they hit #200...

Well, if you wanted to just view canon they'd expect you would just read the comic.

4. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Well there is only a 60-70 chapter gap between the manga and the anime so I'd say they are being pretty nice. And I'm liking the filler a lot, it ends more character into things(even if they are mostly part 1 flashbacks).

I liked this weeks episode a lot though, Naruto getting to see Inari and Tanza again and seeing how they are helping rebuild the village was nice to see.

5. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Finally got a chance to see this week's episode. It was actually a pretty decent filler overall, and now Team Taka is heading to the leaf village. Looks like the fillers will be over in about six-eight episodes or so at this rate.

And don't forget guys, there is canon in beginning and ends of each episode if you think there is nothing you're going to miss.

6. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Ah, trying to make sure people don't skip out on those fifty dollar DVDs, eh Japan? :p

7. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

I gotta say, I don't care too much for the new OP. Musically, it's alright as it is Nico Touches the Walls after all, but visually, it's just so...uninspired. And that's weird because it kinda looks like it could be cooler but...meh.

Maybe the yaoi vibes at the beginning killed it for me. :p

8. anime_guru

anime_guru show me your as-sets

THIS
    also hated sakura being the first one to help naruto gain his composure. I'm sorry but anytime naruto feels a bit emo about his situation, she actually drags him down and makes it worse. Seriously =/

I do like the filler episodes for the most part and it feels a bit more complete with recollection from the characters. That was horribly missed from post pain arc and the story felt rushed beyond compare. All in all good job anime

9. FireStarterLE

FireStarterLE You don't want to see us mad

I liked being able to buy Naruto on dvd and avoid most of the filler eps but with how they're doing it these days I don't know how I can keep that up. I'll either have to A) stop skipping filler or, B) drop buying Naruto on dvd (but maybe I'll also skip around, I hate doing that because I don't like have holes in my collection but I may just have to start with Naruto).

I watched off and on during the Pain arc but once that ended I stopped completely but maybe once we get to the next arc where there's more canon/less filler I'll start back up.

10. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

I thought it was pretty dang cool personally.:p Of course the first time I saw the opening I had the same reaction so fair enough. But when you think back to how childish Naruto was as a character to who he is now in the anime, the opening just seemed pretty amazing in it's own way. And having the villagers push Naruto up just added more emotion to it all which I loved.

11. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator Moderator Reporter

Diver is one of the best Naruto openings ever. Not so much because of the song but because the imagery almost tells the story of the title character in ninety seconds with the symbolism of Naruto basically falling into darkness, being brought out of it by his friends, and then going back for his friend that he sees being engulfed by it. Seriously, that's pretty much the core of it, with all the action and the battle against evil villains being a bonus.

I have a LOT of catching up to do on Shippuden. I haven't even seen the Itachi/Sasuke fight and Jiraiya fighting Pain. I did skip ahead to see how they handled the Hinata business--not bad. Not sure if the filler added enough punch to it, but not bad.

12. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

I prefer "sign" more than any other opening. It gets a few points off for being spoiler-heavy but the animation in it is absolutely superb and it sets up the arc nicely

Half of that is FLOW bias though. :D

13. anime_guru

anime_guru show me your as-sets

sign was an amazing opening actually I thought it was much better suited for naruto v pain imho. And I don't even like flow that much but the OP really nailed it

14. Magus

Magus The Boss

I haven't watched Shippuden since that episode with the terrible animation dealing with Pein. Man, that episode kinda made me feel like I died a little on the inside.

And seeing how we're in filler territory now, I haven't had much of a reason to actually watch this, even if there's canon bits mixed in (like I really want to watch a certain part that made me detest Naruto). I probably won't watch it again until the next big fight since it seems like all of Sasuke's fights are nicely animated.

I have been rewatching older episodes, mainly the ones with Hidan/Kakuzu and then Jiraya vs Pein up to Sasuke vs Itachi. (I'm obviously watching these for the fights)

15. Beat

Beat Retired

Mixing bits of canon into the filler is just plain unfair. It's like diluting vodka to sell more of it.

I am dissapoint.

16. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Word is we've still got another month or two of filler (up through February or March) then we'll return to comic adapting.

In other animation news, a new promo video for the upcoming new ending is coming out. This one is a reanimating of Naruto v. Sasuke at the Valley of the End...only with a number of visual differences. Be forewarned for comic spoilers lie ahead:

[xspoiler=Big freaking picture][​IMG][/xspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  17. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

..Oh my....wait...did I just see...what I thought I saw..was that a animated..

18. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

You saw exactly what you saw. :)

It's a six minute video, by the way.

19. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Yo gang, canon returns in February.

[​IMG]

20. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

About time! ...I've been getting sick of the History filler episodes for a while, even if some of them I admit were pretty dang good fillers.