Naruto comes back to Toonami

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by aegisrawks, Nov 22, 2012.

1. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I cant believe its been of the air for so long!

2. gmster

gmster Active Member

Huh?

So you make a thread claiming Naruto is back on Toonami, and all you post is how excited you are? No explanation, no proof, no links?

EDIT: Had to look through the Adult Swim forums to learn more about this. A kind of misleading thread, as this was the first I've heard about it and the OP offered no information.

3. slai

slai New Member

4. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Well! Based on the rapid pace of new acquisitions lately, I would say the budget has been increased. The return of Toonami is not a failed experiment.

Uncut won't amount to much, though. They kept just about everything on the original Toonami. We'll get to see Naruto stab his hand, but not much else new will be there.

5. Beefy

Beefy It only hurts forever

The kiss will be there, and I could live without seeing it.

6. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

I thought the kiss was hilarious. I'm personally more worried about seeing Naruto on the crapper.

7. Martin Juneau

Martin Juneau Cartoon/comic-artist

From i heard by the Toonami's return, it's like they throw a maximum quota on new content and the rest to older reruns.

I remember our Teletoon having aired the edited Naruto for the kids demographic and months later, the original and uncut version for their night's block, but both of them was barely promoted and it disappear to the air and be forgotten after. Naruto is mostly your basic pre-teens Anime it pass in the mid-part of the last decade, so i'm not really into their target demographic.

8. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

Maybe this time they'll actually get to air all the dubbed episodes fro the first Naruto. And if it's successful, hopefully they get to start Shippuden right after.

9. Lord Mawdryn

Lord Mawdryn Board Bad Boy

I'm actually very happy about this. Pure coincidence, but I was feeling nostalgic about the show not too long ago and was kind of lamenting its disappearance from the airwaves.

If they air the entire series this time around, the rights for Shippuden will probably be available by then (I can't see Disney XD renewing it with so much Marvel content at their disposal now).

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

Meh, wake me up when they start showing Shippuden...and One Piece...and GunxSword.

11. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I suppose you'll be indefinitely comatose, then.

12. macattack

macattack I see you!

One Piece isn't out of the question, I think, if they're willing to start Naruto over from the beginning.

Hilariously, we will be starting Naruto more than a decade behind Japan. I can't believe it's been running for that long. Rumors persist that Kishimoto is ending Naruto in 2013 though so the anime's not going to run for THAT much longer I think.

13. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Honestly, I'm split concerning Naruto's return. While it's nice to have another iconic show on Toonami, it's still re-runs of a 220 episode series, and this is only the original series. True it is airing Uncut this time around, but Naruto's TV-PG edit wasn't so bad, at least for a majority of episodes. Unless they double up episodes, it would take 4 years to air every episode. Even if they doubled up, it would still take over 2 years.

Of course, a huge factor is whether or not Toonami would dare air the dreaded post-canon filler again. They've addressed concerned fans on Tumblr about this, so they may seriously consider not airing the filler, which would reduce the episode count to 135.

If their plan really is to get Naruto Shippuden once Disney XD loses those rights, it's definitely going to be way behind considering how long ago it aired in Japan, how many episodes already aired on Disney XD/Neon Alley, and how many episodes are already on DVD. I guess they really want Naruto to eventually replace Bleach as the long running anchor show, once Bleach ends in 2014.

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

While there are more shows from Viz that I'd rather see on the lineup and I don't have any interest in checking it out again, I still think that it's a good move on their part to go with Naruto. It is a long-running series, but it was popular when it was on the block before and it should be able to attract some good ratings on the new Toonami. Plus, if they do want Naruto and later Shippuden if they're able to get the rights to it to replace Bleach, then it's a really good idea to start airing the series now so that it has a chance to develop an audience and it can become a popular lead into the block like Bleach currently is.

15. macattack

macattack I see you!

I am sure Adult Swim is aware that Bleach did end in Japan and so is a ticking time bomb. Naruto has years and years of episodes even if they opt to skip 136-220. If One Piece is too expensive to acquire at this time, or if AS thinks that One Piece wouldn't be able to command decent ratings, Naruto's the best choice to be the replacement anchor show.

One thing I'm curious about is also the recent Naruto rerun in Japan that reran episodes 1-135, it was called Shonen Hen. They ran new OPs and EDs for that. It would be cool if it was the Shonen Hen OP/ED themes for the Uncut broadcast.

16. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

I'm pretty pumped for Naruto on Toonami, it's been a long time since I've watched the entire series in succession (2009) so it will be a fun ride watching it on Toonami each and every week. I'm glad it's on as 12:30 too, I think it will do pretty good for itself and help the block out with the ratings it'll receive, but ratings aside I'm just glad to see Naruto back on television and I'm looking forward to re-visiting some of these classic arcs as the story of Naruto unfolds on Toonami. Very excited!