1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Names!

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Red Arrow :D, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

What are names you like?
    What are the most popular names where you live?
    What are names you would NEVER name your child?

My favourite boy names are Lukas, Oskar and Jesse (pronounced "Yes" + a sound like in 'about') My favourite girl name is Vivienne. I don't know anyone with that name.

The most popular names here are Thomas, Sofie and Laura. You will never find a proper email adress with that kind of name.

Most people here would never name their son Johnny or Joeri (pronounced "Yuri"). Johnny is associated with womanizers and Joeri is associated with this. All Joeris are doomed to hear "Hallo, 'k z'n de Joeri!" at least 365 times a year :sweat: Of course names of dictators and famous criminals are also not okay. And most people would never give their daughter any name that ends with Y.

Jan (pronounced "Yann") and Piet (pronounced "Pete") are the names that are always used in jokes.

In 2016, the most popular baby names in Northern Belgium were:
    Guess I shouldn't call my son Lukas after all :D

I am very curious to see your answers.

#1 Red Arrow :D, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I actually really like names. Here are a list of names I would actually consider using on a real life child (no particular order):

Girls: Arabella, Camilla (nickname "Millie"), Ruby, Brooke, Grace/Gracie, Diana, Tiffany, Stella, Rachael, Naomi, Audrey

Boys: Isaac, Ethan, Adam, Gabriel, Evan, Jarvis, Kelvin, Dorian, Carson, Brooks, Corbin, Glenn, Tobias

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I think names are pretty cool things and I have some names that have always been some of my favorites.

Male: Rafael, Orion, Dustin, Matteo, Claude
    Female: Cassie, Vivian, Karen, Mavis, Susanna.